Do you know any well known musicians?

danelectro

is it true about him sleeping through school coz he was up all night playing guitar? (if you really did know him I don't get how so many people on here can have met all these musicians, or isit more common than i thought?)

The two I met taught and I was their student, meeting them was easy, cash talks. Being their student was kind of cool because I spent quite a bit of time with them, though I think I annoyed Jock Bartley with my constant questioning about Gram Parsons.

• 2 weeks later...
My brother had an in-law who played with Zappa. All I know is his last name was Duran.

I know a girl in Australia who is a great classical guitarist.

She should be doing a world tour if you ask me.

B)

AMAZING!

It must be Tony Duran.

"Tony Duran was the only musician besides Zappa to play on both 1972 studio albums (Waka/Jawaka & The Grand Wazoo), and on both 1972 tours. He was the lead guitarist of Ruben And The Jets - a Zappa produced band. Besides the aforementioned releases, Tony also provided guitar for Apostrophe ('), Joe's Domage, Imaginary Diseases and Wazoo."

http://wiki.killuglyradio.com/wiki/Tony_Duran

• 1 month later...

my dad went to see an acdc concert and had a pint with bon scott and a year later bon brought him up on stage and he got on my dads shoulders.he also met peter buck.oh and i met that kinks singer i forget his name we met him on the way to devon in burger king?????? weird i met him in the middle of nowhere pretty cool though

Well, I did full time stage production for the better part of 1998-2001 so I could not even begin to know where to start on who's stage I've worked.

The biggest name would likely be the "Pointer Sister's" in 2000, although buy that time they where all just relative's of the original group (I think one of them was still there), I'm not a big "Pointer Sisters" fan but they played all the song's that I do remember. Security was very tight and I was on a spot light that night so I didn't get a change to meet any of them.

I did some partying with a lot of the act's that we did several night's in a row with but didn't really become best friend's with any, but I did go to the same High School as "John Boy" from the syndicated radio show of "John Boy and Billy". We where talking things like, do you remember the "corner" at the end of the football field where every one used to hang out? I talked with him for about an hour or two each night (with every one else that was there) of a three night show.

There was a few industry guy's and gal's I had educational session's with when I was in recording school in 1996-1998, Terry Brown (Rush), Larry Carlton (Steely Dan), to name some.

There's been more people I've meet on the lines of just short conversation's and discussing stage monitor level's and the like's, but that's about it.

Bonzolikedrumer

I spell it like that because I like it that way.

Archived