Jimmy MTV Interview from '88

No kidding! Well, that explains the banging.

Do you know of any other video interviews I should look for that may be out there? When I'm bored, I google. :)

I also have Detroit, Syracuse, and Nassau on video. Many believe (and I agree) Syracuse was the best night of the tour. He was just phenomenal that night. I

have more '88 interviews than I care to think about. Have you seen his guest

appearance on Sky TV's Monster's of Rock with host Mick Wall? It was the last

telecast of that show and Mick presented him one of the stage props (a giant

tombstone) as a souvinier.

I also have Detroit, Syracuse, and Nassau on video. Many believe (and I agree) Syracuse was the best night of the tour. He was just phenomenal that night. I

have more '88 interviews than I care to think about. Have you seen his guest

appearance on Sky TV's Monster's of Rock with host Mick Wall? It was the last

telecast of that show and Mick presented him one of the stage props (a giant

tombstone) as a souvinier.

I love that interview. It is so fun!!! Mick is funny and Jimmy is so happy and adorable! It's probobly one of my very favorite interviews with Jimmy.

I love that interview. It is so fun!!! Mick is funny and Jimmy is so happy and adorable! It's probably one of my very favorite interviews with Jimmy.

That genuinely startled, uncertain look upon Jimmy's face when the artifical thunder and lightning strikes and the omnipotent voice speaks to them: :hysterical: priceless!

That genuinely startled, uncertain look upon Jimmy's face when the artifical thunder and lightning strikes and the omnipotent voice speaks to them: :hysterical: priceless!

That is funny and when he says, "I don't know, we'll find out later." They're fun together. I'm glad Mick talked about how that came about in the book.

That version of Baby Let's Play House was quite good to say the least. Wasn't it?

Thanks Steve for the info as well. Good work!

Were other songs played? I was trying to remember if this was the time P/P played Candy Store Rock at Montreux? Does anyone know the set list for that evening?

I love that interview. It is so fun!!! Mick is funny and Jimmy is so happy and adorable! It's probobly one of my very favorite interviews with Jimmy.

I agree. Quite refreshing. I thought he looked much healthier during the interview that he did during the NYC concert footage from that tour that was in a different post. By the way, if you did not see the NYC concert footage it is pro shot... pretty awesome, sloppy, but..

I agree. Quite refreshing. I thought he looked much healthier during the interview that he did during the NYC concert footage from that tour that was in a different post. By the way, if you did not see the NYC concert footage it is pro shot... pretty awesome, sloppy, but..

It's avialable? I have only have ever seen the Mesa show from the Raving Arizona DVD, and which this exact interview posted at the beginning is from, which I own. I would love to see his other "Outrider" shows. Where could I find it?

Were other songs played? I was trying to remember if this was the time P/P played Candy Store Rock at Montreux? Does anyone know the set list for that evening?

Stravinski Auditorium Montreaux, Switzerland July 7th 2001

Setlist

GOOD ROCKIN TONIGHT

MY BUCKETS GOT A HOLE IN IT

HEART IN YOUR HAND

CANDY STORE ROCK

ENDLESS SLEEP

HOW MANY MORE YEARS

MY BABY LEFT ME

BABY LET'S PLAY HOUSE

First public performance of Candy Store Rock and their set concluded with Baby, Let's

Play House, the Elvis classic cited by Jimmy as influential to his taking up rock guitar.

Pro-shot NYC footage? Are you referring to The Ritz (11/12 & 13/88) or perhaps

another show? The only pro-shot footage in circulation that I'm aware of is Mesa.

Setlist

GOOD ROCKIN TONIGHT

HEART IN YOUR HAND

CANDY STORE ROCK

ENDLESS SLEEP

HOW MANY MORE YEARS

MY BABY LEFT ME

BABY LET'S PLAY HOUSE

First public performance of Candy Store Rock and their set concluded with Baby, Let's

Play House, the Elvis classic cited by Jimmy as influential to his taking up rock guitar.

Love their version of My Bucket's Got a Hole In It. Great documentary too on the making of the Sun tribute cd.

It's avialable? I have only have ever seen the Mesa show from the Raving Arizona DVD, and which this exact interview posted at the beginning is from, which I own. I would love to see his other "Outrider" shows. Where could I find it?

I saw the footage from the pro-shot NYC concert for the first time on a different post in this website. There is a link to YouTube. I saw Who's to Blame with Paul Rogers guest vocalist and one other song. My apologies I don't recall which post it was. I just did a quick search but I didn't see it. Can anyone else help out?

I saw the footage from the pro-shot NYC concert for the first time on a different post in this website. There is a link to YouTube. I saw Who's to Blame with Paul Rogers guest vocalist and one other song. My apologies I don't recall which post it was. I just did a quick search but I didn't see it. Can anyone else help out?

Oh, I see. Well, he did not perform with Paul Rodgers in 1988 so it must have been from a previous tour.

Setlist

GOOD ROCKIN TONIGHT

HEART IN YOUR HAND

CANDY STORE ROCK

ENDLESS SLEEP

HOW MANY MORE YEARS

MY BABY LEFT ME

BABY LET'S PLAY HOUSE

Thanks, awesome night

Archived