Starship Stewardess

fsmith9095

Looking extremely forward to what you discover,fsmith9095!This could be huge.It might dispel or corroborate what has been written,or shine a whole new light light on aspects of Led Zeppelin that would have remained frozen forever.

Did the stewardess get to witness much of Peter Grant conducting management and/or business decisions?

Was there a present comradery amongst the four bandmembers during flight,or did they retreat to their own corner of the plane,as it were?

A few days ago, I was fortunate enough to have an hour long phone conversation with one of the former stewardess/flight attendants who worked aboard the Starship during the 73 and 75 tours.

I plan on speaking with her again next week and am wondering if there are any specific questions anybody would like me to ask her.

Thanks

Frank

What did they eat? who missed home the most? What other artists/music did they listened to on the plane.....?

WOW!!! what a cool thread!! I am so happy that you took the time to contact her AND to share this all with us!!

Questions I would have--

Was all the debauchery on the plane as much as it was cracked up to be, or just lots of media hype? (geez, not that media would EVER exaggerate anything!! LOL!! :) ).

did she ever have much interaction with Jimmy? if so, what are some of her memories of him?

Thanks again, so VERY much!

Sharon

I have a question you can ask her. Ask if the story about bonzo is true that he tried to open the cabin door in mid flight to take a leak out the door. Also some info about the starship plane it no longer exsists it was beer canned (cut up for scrap) sometime in the late 70's or early eighties. Also alice cooper used the plane for a while also.

I have a question you can ask her. Ask if the story about bonzo is true that he tried to open the cabin door in mid flight to take a leak out the door. Also some info about the starship plane it no longer exsists it was beer canned (cut up for scrap) sometime in the late 70's or early eighties. Also alice cooper used the plane for a while also.

The Bonzo story is absolutely true. They were flying over Kansas City when he tried it.

I don't know if she'll know the history of the plane after Zep had it but I'll certainly ask.

Thanks for the questions.

fsmith9095, this is so fascinating. She sounds like a lovely lady. Thanks so much for giving us these interesting stories.

I have no questions to offer, just wanted to say thank you :)

You are very welcome. I should have more to write in a few days-after I speak with her again.

What a great thread fsmith9095. I must commend you on this. I guess it helps to be persistent. You never know what you may find out as you have. Looking forward to next Tuesday. Awesome. Gotta keep this rolling and ask her as many pertinent questions as you can.

For everyone else: Several months ago on another thread regarding the Starship, someone posted a video link of the band on the plane. It's not the common one with JPJ eating and Robert with the upside down book. This one is from the 1973 tour and was originally an NBC News report. Jonesy is playing the organ and I believe, Jimmy and Bonzo are in the plane dancing and having a good time. It's a classic video and I'd like to see it again. Since, it was an NBC broadcast, it isn't on YouTube as they have anything pulled that belongs to them. I suppose it may be available in less frequented video sites. Please point me in the right direction. I'm sure a lot of you would like to see this. Thanks.

I wouldn't be surprised if Frank doesn't get any more info from her.

I would bet that now that the word is out that she is talking, someone from Jimmy's management gets ahold of her and tells her to keep quiet.

Just my hunch.

I hope not!

:(

I'm with you on that. But since it was so many years ago, maybe it's not that big of a deal.

What a great thread fsmith9095. I must commend you on this. I guess it helps to be persistent. You never know what you may find out as you have. Looking forward to next Tuesday. Awesome. Gotta keep this rolling and ask her as many pertinent questions as you can.

For everyone else: Several months ago on another thread regarding the Starship, someone posted a video link of the band on the plane. It's not the common one with JPJ eating and Robert with the upside down book. This one is from the 1973 tour and was originally an NBC News report. Jonesy is playing the organ and I believe, Jimmy and Bonzo are in the plane dancing and having a good time. It's a classic video and I'd like to see it again. Since, it was an NBC broadcast, it isn't on YouTube as they have anything pulled that belongs to them. I suppose it may be available in less frequented video sites. Please point me in the right direction. I'm sure a lot of you would like to see this. Thanks.

Dave,

Thank you. I appreciate your kind words. I look forward to next Tues too.

Here's the video you were looking for.

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/fs...=ZEPNBCTV73.flv

Archived