Starship Stewardess

fsmith9095

Thanks bunches Frank! I really enjoy hearing about anyone's personal encounter with Led Zeppelin but the stewardess' are especially interesting. Think about it....they are captives with not only the boys but the entire Zep crew in a plane 30,000 feet above earth so no one is going to walk out on you, LOL. That's the one time I would actually be looking forward to flying, the longer the flight the better.

Thanks for keeping us informed Frank and look forward to more on this very interesting subject.

There are too many people on this forum who can't wait for the opportunity to pounce and bash on people regardless of the subject and situation. It doesn't matter to them whether you are providing first hand useful information. That's all they want to do. That's why some people think in the negative and others in the positive. Don't dwell on it. You know who your supporters are here!

:thumbsup::thanku:

I stand corrected but they generally still serve food and drinks so flight waiters is probably more apt

Sometimes a combo security guard and phychiatrist considering all the crap they have to put up with the morons on these flights.

A few days ago, I was fortunate enough to have an hour long phone conversation with one of the former stewardess/flight attendants who worked aboard the Starship during the 73 and 75 tours.

I plan on speaking with her again next week and am wondering if there are any specific questions anybody would like me to ask her.

Thanks

Frank

Hey, thank you very much for all the interesting stuff you 've posted so far...

Thanks for your good words,everybody. I've just heard from her again and she's still waiting for her former coworker to visit. Apparently its been postponed a second time and she's waiting for her friend to visit to have more to tell by the next time I call.

So hang in there. Hopefully there will be more from her soon.

What a great post, and thanks for sharing it here. I would love to hear more about your interviews and i hope you can get one out of the guy who set up hotels/limos/etc...he must have some amazing details.

its so interesting to hear the experiences of those who interacted with the band like that, at the height of their popularity as Zep.

maybe you could ask her if they ever had any in flight emergencies.....like in Almost Famous?

What a great post, and thanks for sharing it here. I would love to hear more about your interviews and i hope you can get one out of the guy who set up hotels/limos/etc...he must have some amazing details.

its so interesting to hear the experiences of those who interacted with the band like that, at the height of their popularity as Zep.

maybe you could ask her if they ever had any in flight emergencies.....like in Almost Famous?

My pleasure,Misty. Glad you all are interested. You bring up 2 good points: I've emailed the guy who arranged the hotels/limos. I haven't heard back from him yet. I've been told he's very busy and may not respond.

Also,the question regarding in flight emergencies. That's a great question and I'll be sure to ask her that next I talk to her.

• 4 weeks later...
That would have been in the days when it was less likely to happen--I don't suppose it would have occurred to them to make her sign anything.

I do hope she's discreet. :unsure:

Yeah it's always a bit sad when someone comes out of nowhere years later and dishes dirt. You can't help but question motives if it's skewed towards debauchery. But she sounds like a decent lady so if it's simply a historical account, that would be very cool.

Dave,

Thank you. I appreciate your kind words. I look forward to next Tues too.

Here's the video you were looking for.

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/fs...=ZEPNBCTV73.flv

"The Shah of Iran? .... No, it's The Led Zeppelin" ahahahaha! I love the added definite article there, like Sullivan's "Ladies and gentlemen - the Beatles!" or something. A little later I think the reported referred to them as "The Zeppelin" :D

Anyway, THANKS for this, fsmith9095, very enterprising of you. I'd love to know if she has any photos/audio recordings/memorabilia from that time. She may not have been into them, but was surely aware of their status.

Yeah it's always a bit sad when someone comes out of nowhere years later and dishes dirt. You can't help but question motives if it's skewed towards debauchery. But she sounds like a decent lady so if it's simply a historical account, that would be very cool.

"The Shah of Iran? .... No, it's The Led Zeppelin" ahahahaha! I love the added definite article there, like Sullivan's "Ladies and gentlemen - the Beatles!" or something. A little later I think the reported referred to them as "The Zeppelin" :D

Anyway, THANKS for this, fsmith9095, very enterprising of you. I'd love to know if she has any photos/audio recordings/memorabilia from that time. She may not have been into them, but was surely aware of their status.

Folks,

You're more than welcome. Thanks for the kind words. Unfortuntaly there have been no updates on this topic since I last posted. I have not spoken with her since then.

I sent her an email about 2 weeks ago and she has not yet replied. I'm not too discouraged yet as she apparently doesn't check her email that often.

It's a sort of cliff hanger too as there were some interesting developments going on behind the scenes when she and I last spoke and I was hoping to hear about it's outcome from her a few weeks ago.

( Last I had heard,she was waiting for her friend and former flight attendant to visit so that I could interview her friend as well. Her friend has yet to to arrive)

I'm thinking of giving her a call to see if were still in good standing but I'm weighing my curiopsity versus being intrusive and making a pest of myself.

I'll give it another week or so then give her a call to see what's going on.

Hopefully I'll have more to post here soon.

Folks,

You're more than welcome. Thanks for the kind words. Unfortuntaly there have been no updates on this topic since I last posted. I have not spoken with her since then.

I sent her an email about 2 weeks ago and she has not yet replied. I'm not too discouraged yet as she apparently doesn't check her email that often.

It's a sort of cliff hanger too as there were some interesting developments going on behind the scenes when she and I last spoke and I was hoping to hear about it's outcome from her a few weeks ago.

( Last I had heard,she was waiting for her friend and former flight attendant to visit so that I could interview her friend as well. Her friend has yet to to arrive)

I'm thinking of giving her a call to see if were still in good standing but I'm weighing my curiopsity versus being intrusive and making a pest of myself.

I'll give it another week or so then give her a call to see what's going on.

Hopefully I'll have more to post here soon.

Thanks for the update - I'd wait a bit too, especially as you said she doesn't check her email that often.

I would wait too, since she really isn't a friend of yours and have only spoken to her a couple of times. Right now, she's just an aquaintance. You don't want to be pushy as this could ruin things between the two of you.

Can't wait to hear more and I wish you the best of luck Frank.

I have to agree with "SuperDave" and "ninelives" on this. I would not push this too hard if I were you. She has been generous enough in providing tidbits of info so far, and if she feels your are becoming a pest, then she may not provide anything more. From you comments it sounds like you have this under control, and will wait until you feel it's time to contact her again.

I know it's been written here before, but much tanks to her for providing us with a partial glimpse of Led Zep past and also to you for sharing it with us. I will wait patiently and keep checking back for updates.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
I have to agree with "SuperDave" and "ninelives" on this. I would not push this too hard if I were you. She has been generous enough in providing tidbits of info so far, and if she feels your are becoming a pest, then she may not provide anything more. From you comments it sounds like you have this under control, and will wait until you feel it's time to contact her again.

I know it's been written here before, but much tanks to her for providing us with a partial glimpse of Led Zep past and also to you for sharing it with us. I will wait patiently and keep checking back for updates.

Cheers

Timothy and all,

Thanks for your kind words of advice and support. I fear,that despite my best efforts,I have lost contact with her.

Without revealing too much,I suspect that she actually was contacted by certain parties to not reveal anything further. I have emailed and left a voice mail with her and both have been ignored.

The timing of this coupled with an email received by myself,leads me to believe she was asked to discontinue our talks.

It's very disappointing as I felt like she and I had established a nice connection and was on the verge of speaking with her fellow flight attendant who had more stories to tell.

What's more of a shame is that I never made a pest of myself nor did she tell me anything that may be upsetting or too revealing for anyone. The few minor stories she told me that could have been of a salcious nature were not repeated by myself to anyone. And truth be told,she admitted herself that her memory wasn't that good so not much was told during the course of our 3 phone conversations.

She did mention that she plans on writing a book with her friend so maybe some of the interesting stories may come to light some day soon. I'm thinking this fact also may be playing a part in the adrupt silence from her camp.

Oh well,live and learn. It was fun while it lasted. Just disappointed I had everyone waiting for so long and was cut off before I could contribute any more.

Thanks and cheers,

Frank

Thanks for letting us know Frank!

Seems like she may have her reasons for not continuing your chats, but

it's a shame she felt the need to just cut off all communications.

She could have just said, I don't want to discuss it any further.......and that would have been fine.

Thanks for trying, and sharing.

and so it seems the dark lord has operatives among this very site...

oh shalt the plot thicken more?

All the band have people who watch the sites for them - wouldn't you?

However in this instance I would doubt it was one of them who contacted her - more likely to be someone advising her that her book would sell better if she didn't reveal her stories online first.

Archived