1969 Led Zeppelin Video Unearthed

Zepp-4-Life

Wow! Now that baby brings back the memories!

Awesome.

Dang, many thanks to everyone who pitched in on this. :)

Isn't it cool when people come out of the woods with old stuff like this?!

And, yeah the lightshows then were the best! No headaches like the flashy crap now.

I've tried synching sound to this incredible footage:

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/video/fillmore-east-jan-31-1969

good job, Sam

Is that a moserite at the end? JPJ or perhaps part of the Iron Butterfly show? Any ideas?

What is a moserite? I couldn't find that word in a dictionary. And I also wondered if that is JPJ at the end.

good job, Sam

What is a moserite? I couldn't find that word in a dictionary. And I also wondered if that is JPJ at the end.

That's Iron Butterfly at the end of the clip

I can't imagine how many of these treasures are yet unearthed.

I have one B) it's a 50 foot reel of film (super 8), from I think, a concert in Canada, Jones has his cymbal draped over his keyboard, it's B&W and there's no sound, and it looks like it repeats itself at some point, I have only looked at it twice, a collecters only item. I wish now that i'd given it to Pagey for the DVD, as he was after bits like this.

We just heard from the poster of the new footage , again on another site.

I quote him ---

Wow!,

I'm the one who posted that video! Didn't think it would get this response. I only had that clip and one of the Doors at MSG about that time that I will post soon.

I used a 1951 8mm movie camera, my dads at the time. Wind-up, 5 min capacity. No one cared if you filmed anything at that time, but the camera was bulky and hard to enjoy the show as well (tiny aperture view)

It was the first show, 8pm on 1/31/69 . I still have the stub and program.

And yes, if i remember right, the song WAS "Dazed & Confused".

I'm glad to see so many happy folks out there enjoying this brief clip..I'm sorry it didnt have audio capability, I'm happy it transferred so well. I appreciate all those positive comments, hope this will make your day.. Here's the link to DL your own copy...ENJOY

http://rapidshare.com/files/195384200/l ... on.butt.01.31.69.wmv

Regards to all, Dennis

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Many thanks to this guy .

Peace

Might I suggest actually sending it in to Zeppelin, if there's some way to get it to Page? You never know, there may well be a bootleg from that show and if so, it might get synced up to the right music as has been done with many bootleg records and videos on Zeppelin's YouTube channel.

The latest upgrade.

Courtesy of a dedicated fan from RO.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YM3SDI4F

The debate is ongoing about sources of audio and best synch job.

CheerZ

I was wondering when you were going to post this. ;) ssellers did a great job on this.

A lot of debate has been going on if this is 1/31 or 2/1 (sound). I, and a lot of others, have come to the non-definitive conclusion it's from 2/1. But a terrific sync nonetheless.

• 2 weeks later...
This was posted on another Zepp site yesterday and since it's been a full day and nothing has appeared here I thought this worthy of mentioning.

A new short clip of LZ is now viewable on Youtube , filmed by the actual person that was there back in 1969 at the Filmore in San Francisco.

Short but oh so sweet -- :D

CheerZ

Just to clarify,this was in New York not San Fran

The taper of this most magnificent moment is here on LZ.com and has bestowed the proper details. Check for Dennis's historical perspective in the video section.

SF 69

I think this would have to be classified as a genuine " foot in your mouth " moment.

I really don't know what I was thinking , but in the excitement of the discovery I just blindly kept seeing west when reading east. A dyslexic thing. Not to mention that the dates don't jive with the SF appearances. It' time to hit the books and brush up on those details again.

Maybe a crash course at the SAJ Academy Of LZ - lol.

Sometimes you have to laugh at the things we do.

Apologies to reezon and the all the rest above.

Oooooops -- :blink:

Archived