GRAMMY Results

SuperDave

More than likely. A lot of live broadcasts aren't really "live" in that we're usually seeing them 5-10 seconds behind real time because of FCC delays. You know, just to make sure if someone says "fuck" or something, the weenies watching at home don't wet their pants.

I'm watching it now.....well, I've been tuning in and out.....have the TV on but with the sound down....waiting for Robert & Alison....hope I didn't miss them.......

Robert and Allison will perform right before the last award (album of the year) :)

Some might take what I say the wrong way but please read the whole post. First congratulations to Robert, Allison and T-Bone. Its a fantastic album and to me by far deserved Album of the Year.

My what might be controversial comment is about the grammys, the song Robert and Allison played was a great song, does anyone else who goes to many concerts and clubs like myself think the song they played should have been played a little earliar and then come back out at the end for acceptance? Again, they deserved all the accolations they received, I just think the last 15 minutes of the grammys were just kind of blah, yes other than Robert and Allisons performance, it was almost like the grammys needed a higher energy song to finish, or maybe after Robert and Allison finished the acceptance speech a high energy performance by Stevie or another. Does anyone else understand what I am saying?

I think the problem is that the show is just too long, way too many commercials, so by the end, it's like "hurry up already". They do this with alot of the awards shows too. The biggest prize given at the very end, so sometimes sitting through everything in between when you are waiting on a specific thing can get a little irritating, I must agree. However, I thought last night's show was really good. It had been years since I watched in its entirety. Stevie Wonder did close out the show with a great song though. It was all well worth the wait with Robert and Alison winning everything! :D

CONGRATULATIONS on the 5 Grammy awards in 2009! I grew up with Led Zeppelin on vinyl, 8 track, cassette, and CD! I have Led Zeppelin (Stairway to Heaven) and Houses of the Holy on all four recording technologies! I love that you received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Grammy's in 2005, but you deserved Grammy's long before now!! I also love Alison Krauss. As soon as I saw the movie Oh Brother, Where Art Thou, I immediately went to buy the soundtrack! You ALL are the best!

Funny story - when my daughter was 16 (in 1993), we went to the music store in Austin, Texas to get some CDs because she made all A's and B's in school. I was browsing and she was buying. When she was finished paying for her CDs, we were walking to the car and she said, "Mom, I just got the greatest CD you will ever hear; I want you to listen to it in the car." I said, "OK, what is it?" She replied, "A great rock and roll band called Led Zeppelin and the CD is Houses of the Holy."

HAAHAA - !!!! She didn't know that her over the hill Mom was a HUGE Led Zeppelin fan when I was her age! I decided to wait until she put the CD into the car player and then I proceeded to sing every word to every song. SURPRISE! She couldn't believe it. It was a true Mother Daughter bonding moment. Thanks for all those wonderful years, Zep! We look forward to more of your great talent in the coming years.

CONGRATULATIONS on the 5 Grammy awards in 2009! I grew up with Led Zeppelin on vinyl, 8 track, cassette, and CD! I have Led Zeppelin (Stairway to Heaven) and Houses of the Holy on all four recording technologies! I love that you received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Grammy's in 2005, but you deserved Grammy's long before now!! I also love Alison Krauss. As soon as I saw the movie Oh Brother, Where Art Thou, I immediately went to buy the soundtrack! You ALL are the best!

Funny story - when my daughter was 16 (in 1993), we went to the music store in Austin, Texas to get some CDs because she made all A's and B's in school. I was browsing and she was buying. When she was finished paying for her CDs, we were walking to the car and she said, "Mom, I just got the greatest CD you will ever hear; I want you to listen to it in the car." I said, "OK, what is it?" She replied, "A great rock and roll band called Led Zeppelin and the CD is Houses of the Holy."

HAAHAA - !!!! She didn't know that her over the hill Mom was a HUGE Led Zeppelin fan when I was her age! I decided to wait until she put the CD into the car player and then I proceeded to sing every word to every song. SURPRISE! She couldn't believe it. It was a true Mother Daughter bonding moment. Thanks for all those wonderful years, Zep! We look forward to more of your great talent in the coming years.

Great story and welcome to the board Aly! :wave: Your daughter has great taste!! Time to crank up some Raising Sand now. :)

im glad they won all those grammys cause i think it's the best thing that could happen to try to get the group to tour! i jus dont think jp will standby idle whilst rp gets the spot light! with or without rp i think we will hear something sooner than later! jus my opinion,,, we will see!

I have just logged on so please excuse me if this has already been posted. It is in today's Toronto Sun.

TONGUE PLANT-ED FIRMLY IN HIS CHEEK: Robert Plant, who won five Grammys including best album for Raising Sand, with Alison Krauss and producer T-Bone Burnett, was initially evasive when asked if they were working on a follow-up record although Burnett did eventually confirm it.

The only clue Plant would give about the new songs were comical: “Some songs in E. Get ready for the new TV show, ‘cause if you think this is sad, there’s lots coming, we’re going to go to TV.”

Plant now has seven Grammys, one last year with Krauss, and an earlier win with Jimmy Page, after years of Led Zeppelin being ignored by the Grammys and derided by critics.

“Well, we threw some Grammys, but they weren’t ours, out of the window,” he said of Zep’s early days. “It was a different time, I mean the blokes who were turning us down and were trying to bury us were running the Rolling Stone magazine and saying that were insignificant philanderers, and they couldn’t have been more right,” he deadpanned.

But, whatever you do, just don’t ask Plant about hooking up with Led Zeppelin again as one older male music critic did backstage.

“Look, I don’t know how old you are pal, but you look older than me, try doing Communication Breakdown with some tight jeans on!”

Wow, 23 pages, I'm late to the party on this one, but I do just have to say Congrats to Robert! I'm thrilled that he had such a good evening. I would think it feels pretty good to finally have some of the recognition he deserves.

It does make me sad that this type of recognition and love never came to him during the Zep years. I, of course, think the work he did then was vastly superior to this record with AK. I've tried to like it, I really have, but it's just not the kind of music I listen to. That aside, it is fabulous to see him on stage happy and satisfied with the work that he is doing.

Also, like many others, I appreciated the fact that he mentions writing the one winning song with JP.

Congrats Robert!!!

:banana::cheer:

Congratulations to robert and alison on your grammy awards. I saw them play in the summer in toronto and the concert was amazing!! great album and great musicianship. this will never be like offenburg 1973 but you cannot deny it is solid music made by solid musicians.

Archived