GRAMMY Results

SuperDave

I'm quite happy for Robert last night as well as Allison. At least he did give a nod to JP on the co-writing of Please Read the Letter. He obviously is enjoying working with Burnett and Krauss and it certainly sounds like they will continue on that collaboration for a while longer. As much as we all would like to see LZ do something again, it seems Plant is more into creating a different vibe with Krauss.

I have never been a fan of the Grammys as I see it as a crock of crap and the only reason I watched it this year is due to Robert. My guess is that he thought it mostly was a crock as well but they were up for so many awards he was obligated to be there. Too me he seemed a bit outta place on stage accepting those awards but his nods to the past & Wolverhampton were cool. Congrats to Robert and best wishes on his future endeavors.

I have just logged on so please excuse me if this has already been posted. It is in today's Toronto Sun.

TONGUE PLANT-ED FIRMLY IN HIS CHEEK: Robert Plant, who won five Grammys including best album for Raising Sand, with Alison Krauss and producer T-Bone Burnett, was initially evasive when asked if they were working on a follow-up record although Burnett did eventually confirm it.

The only clue Plant would give about the new songs were comical: "Some songs in E. Get ready for the new TV show, 'cause if you think this is sad, there's lots coming, we're going to go to TV."

Plant now has seven Grammys, one last year with Krauss, and an earlier win with Jimmy Page, after years of Led Zeppelin being ignored by the Grammys and derided by critics.

"Well, we threw some Grammys, but they weren't ours, out of the window," he said of Zep's early days. "It was a different time, I mean the blokes who were turning us down and were trying to bury us were running the Rolling Stone magazine and saying that were insignificant philanderers, and they couldn't have been more right," he deadpanned.

But, whatever you do, just don't ask Plant about hooking up with Led Zeppelin again as one older male music critic did backstage.

"Look, I don't know how old you are pal, but you look older than me, try doing Communication Breakdown with some tight jeans on!"

Pretty funny - I'm going to have to pick up a copy today.

Oh okay, wondering where the hell I read that, thanks a lot for the info.

Actually, it was probably me who posted this last night on this thread somewhere. I was referring to the five they won this year and one last year, all for Raising Sand. I think you can handle the math. Just winning six for one album.

Actually, it was probably me who posted this last night on this thread somewhere. I was referring to the five they won this year and one last year, all for Raising Sand. I think you can handle the math. Just winning six for one album.

Last year they won a Grammy for Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals for the song Gone, Gone, Gone from Raising Sand.

I'm not much of a fan of this project, but I say good for Plant. He looked really pleased to be a big winner. Maybe some fans of that disc will go out and buy a few Zeppelin disc's and check out his past work. And I think that's cool.

I have to be brutally honest. They are terrible. They stand up there singing exactly the same thing, no give & take, no tricks, no low or high notes; just monotone flat. The music is boring, and T-Bone may be a great producer, but lead guitar on stage with Plant? Come on.

Bottom line: They won what they won because Bobby is (or was) in Led Zeppelin. Without that, they wouldn't even win a karaoke contest in Denver. She would be better without him, which makes her a complete sell-out.

As far as old Percy is concerned, he dumped a solid re-union with the best band ever to chase this broad's tail. What a crime..... Like when he cheated on his Wife with her Sister.

Please Robert, for the love of God ! You've no doubt hit it by now (or never will), and you got best phony album and two other ego awards.

There are three great musicians ready to turn on studio lights and let you hear some new music. Man up and get real again.

Oh.... and you'll make alot more money and see lots of pretty girls too....

I have to be brutally honest. They are terrible. They stand up there singing exactly the same thing, no give & take, no tricks, no low or high notes; just monotone flat. The music is boring, and T-Bone may be a great producer, but lead guitar on stage with Plant? Come on.

Bottom line: They won what they won because Bobby is (or was) in Led Zeppelin. Without that, they wouldn't even win a karaoke contest in Denver. She would be better without him, which makes her a complete sell-out.

As far as old Percy is concerned, he dumped a solid re-union with the best band ever to chase this broad's tail. What a crime..... Like when he cheated on his Wife with her Sister.

Please Robert, for the love of God ! You've no doubt hit it by now (or never will), and you got best phony album and two other ego awards.

There are three great musicians ready to turn on studio lights and let you hear some new music. Man up and get real again.

WTF!!!!!!! This makes absolutely NO sense. :wacko::rolleyes:

You are trying to tempt Robert Plant, all the while neglecting to note that Robert thrives on praise and appreciation.

You can't push Robert around because he's not that stupid. He gets what he wants on his terms, and he knows what he wants and what he doesn't want.

It's interesting how you try to use the guilt factor to manipulate him to extract profit. Yes, he adores women, but that is no reason to try to ruin him.

True, Led Zeppelin got ripped off once in New York City, but I hope they learned something from that so the past does not repeat itself.

I'm not much of a fan of this project, but I say good for Plant. He looked really pleased to be a big winner. Maybe some fans of that disc will go out and buy a few Zeppelin disc's and check out his past work. And I think that's cool.

It'd be nice if they checked out some of his solo stuff too :D

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Front Page of the Toronto Star newspaper's Entertainment section today:

2mewtx0.jpg

Great pic! I was saying in the other thread about the Grammys, it is a shame about Chris Brown and Rhianna. Puts a little damper on things because this is the thing the media seems to be highly focused on.

Great pic! I was saying in the other thread about the Grammys, it is a shame about Chris Brown and Rhianna. Puts a little damper on things because this is the thing the media seems to be highly focused on.

You're right - the media is all over the Chris Brown/Rhianna story.

Not to get too OT (maybe there should be a separate thread on this), but I was really surprised. From what I've seen of Chris Brown he seemed like a really sweet kid. And I thought they were a cute couple. It just seemed like a such a strange thing to read about him.

Not to get too OT (maybe there should be a separate thread on this), but I was really surprised. From what I've seen of Chris Brown he seemed like a really sweet kid. And I thought they were a cute couple. It just seemed like a such a strange thing to read about him.

The shocking thing for me was that they had JUST been interviewed I think on E! maybe that day or the day before and both were happy and excited for being a part of the Grammy's. The whole thing seemed to come out of left field so to speak.

As far as old Percy is concerned, he dumped a solid re-union with the best band ever to chase this broad's tail.

I hate how people keep on referring to Alison Krauss as "that chick" or "Yoko" who's 'preventing' Led Zeppelin from reuniting. I find it kind of sexist, actually. That "broad" is actually one of the most talented women in music and anyone who didn't have their head stuck up their narrow-minded ass would respect that.

Seriously people, get the fuck over it already.

I hate how people keep on referring to Alison Krauss as "that chick" or "Yoko" who's 'preventing' Led Zeppelin from reuniting. I find it kind of sexist, actually. That "broad" is actually one of the most talented women in music and anyone who didn't have their head stuck up their narrow-minded ass would respect that.

Absolutely!

What an idiot get a clue!

I know, I didn't expect this type of behavior to come from him. I think he is very talented. Hope he gets his stuff together.

Amen sister!! :D:thumbsup:

Archived