GRAMMY Results

SuperDave

CONGRATULATIONS ROBERT and CREW ! ! ! ! !

5...FIVE !! !! !

:cheer::banana::bravo::hurrah:

I was thrilled for them. How sweet!

Robert seems to eye lil Taylor quite a bit. :D

Thought it was funny when Rev. Al outsung that punk...Justin....what a fem.

Then, so funny when that other douche, Kid Rock came on...seriously...what a strange brew there, first I was like...cool, they have a Muppet for a drummer and Count Chocula on Bass! :blink:

When they finally took a close shot I could see the drummer was ...well, human anyway. :hysterical:

Had it on mute for a lot of the rapcrap. Preggers M.I.A. was so freakin cute shakin her bambino around...on her Due Date!! Wow! Way to go girl.

Coldplay...meh.

Right On R&K and TB...!

What a fabulous.."way to spend a Sunday." As Robert said.

Oh....and he got new boots too! Did ya notice? I know some of us wimmen notice all that stuff. :mellow:

If, as I gather, the Al Green/Justin Timberlake Let's Stay Together at the beginning was to fill in for them, I'd say we lucked out. :) The Rev. Al was fab.

Indeed he was and Keith Urban's guitaring was funky, I'm not a huge fan or anything but he killed.

I have to be brutally honest. They are terrible. They stand up there singing exactly the same thing, no give & take, no tricks, no low or high notes; just monotone flat. The music is boring, and T-Bone may be a great producer, but lead guitar on stage with Plant? Come on.

Bottom line: They won what they won because Bobby is (or was) in Led Zeppelin. Without that, they wouldn't even win a karaoke contest in Denver. She would be better without him, which makes her a complete sell-out.

As far as old Percy is concerned, he dumped a solid re-union with the best band ever to chase this broad's tail. What a crime..... Like when he cheated on his Wife with her Sister.

Please Robert, for the love of God ! You've no doubt hit it by now (or never will), and you got best phony album and two other ego awards.

There are three great musicians ready to turn on studio lights and let you hear some new music. Man up and get real again.

Oh.... and you'll make alot more money and see lots of pretty girls too....

This was your first post on this board? Really? God, that sucked. Why don't you re-register under a new name and try again.

With the pre-show under way and the main show 2 1/2 hours away, please feel free to post results for the categories Robert and Alison are nominated in as well as commenting on the results, red carpet appearance, interviews and performances on the show. Hopefully, it will be a big night for them.

So far none of their categories have beeen awarded yet, but probably a couple of them will be in the pre-show.

BEST OF LUCK, ROBERT AND ALISON!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ROBERT AND ALISON!

Excellent tour, hope to see you again.

I'll even dance next time, no matter how embarrising it will be for all of us :)

J

If, as I gather, the Al Green/Justin Timberlake Let's Stay Together at the beginning was to fill in for them, I'd say we lucked out. :) The Rev. Al was fab.

I agree. I have to say too that Justin has grown on me; I think he's gotten better, and has a great sense of humor (if you saw his SNL skit) :)

The shocking thing for me was that they had JUST been interviewed I think on E! maybe that day or the day before and both were happy and excited for being a part of the Grammy's. The whole thing seemed to come out of left field so to speak.

Really? Wow, I'm really curious what happened after the Clive Davis party.

I agree. I have to say too that Justin has grown on me; I think he's gotten better, and has a great sense of humor (if you saw his SNL skit) :)

Yes he really does. I wouldn't really say I'm a fan, but I do really like a couple of his songs. I do think he's a talented guy and is good at what he does. I think the best thing he did was become a solo artist rather than stay in a boy band.

The Rock was absolutely terrible. Laughably terrible.

Whitney Houston proved she's still got it...and will consume more of it when she walks offstage.

I was happy Plant/Krauss won. I've had the album since it was released Christmas time of 2007, but I was disappointed they cut "Gone Gone Gone" short. It's their best song.

I have to be brutally honest. They are terrible. They stand up there singing exactly the same thing, no give & take, no tricks, no low or high notes; just monotone flat. The music is boring, and T-Bone may be a great producer, but lead guitar on stage with Plant? Come on.

Bottom line: They won what they won because Bobby is (or was) in Led Zeppelin. Without that, they wouldn't even win a karaoke contest in Denver. She would be better without him, which makes her a complete sell-out.

As far as old Percy is concerned, he dumped a solid re-union with the best band ever to chase this broad's tail. What a crime..... Like when he cheated on his Wife with her Sister.

Please Robert, for the love of God ! You've no doubt hit it by now (or never will), and you got best phony album and two other ego awards.

There are three great musicians ready to turn on studio lights and let you hear some new music. Man up and get real again.

Oh.... and you'll make alot more money and see lots of pretty girls too....

free-sexy-smileys-944.gif Brutally honest

This was your first post on this board? Really? God, that sucked. Why don't you re-register under a new name and try again.

:lol: :lol:

I thought he was a hoot on SNL - I love the skit he did with Jimmy Fallon I think it was - they were the Bee Gees?

This is the first time I've watched the Grammy's in years. I was really surprised Plant and Krauss won 5.

Most of those people I never even heard of but I did like the female vocalists and was hoping to hear Leona Lewis. But I'm sure that all of L.A. was 'dissed' because the rappers didn't take it all. haha.

B)

I hate how people keep on referring to Alison Krauss as "that chick" or "Yoko" who's 'preventing' Led Zeppelin from reuniting. I find it kind of sexist, actually. That "broad" is actually one of the most talented women in music and anyone who didn't have their head stuck up their narrow-minded ass would respect that.

Seriously people, get the fuck over it already.

Thanks, songbird. That's exactly how I feel.

People who are ripping on Alison are forgetting that she's also quite the accomplished musician. It's not like she put some hocus-pocus sexual spell on Robert to convince him to work with her--like she was totally unknown prior to this project.

Alison Kraus has been building her career for most of her life--her first album was out in 1985, I believe, and she has won 26 Grammys (which has broken records), 8 CMA awards, 15 International Bluegrass Music Association Awards, and two Gospel Music Association Awards during her career, according to Wikipedia. Wikipedia link here

...so whether you like Alison is up to you, but judging by the vast amount of recognition she's recieved from the music community, she's definately well-respected and talented.

Thanks, songbird. That's exactly how I feel.

People who are ripping on Alison are forgetting that she's also quite the accomplished musician. It's not like she put some hocus-pocus sexual spell on Robert to convince him to work with her--like she was totally unknown prior to this project.

Alison Kraus has been building her career for most of her life--her first album was out in 1985, I believe, and she has won 26 Grammys (which has broken records), 8 CMA awards, 15 International Bluegrass Music Association Awards, and two Gospel Music Association Awards during her career, according to Wikipedia. Wikipedia link here

...so whether you like Alison is up to you, but judging by the vast amount of recognition she's recieved from the music community, she's definately well-respected and talented.

Right on manderlyh!! I discovered Alison's music through her work with Robert (although I had heard her name for years) and boy am I glad I have! I think some people are being mean just because he has chosen to work with her instead of getting back with the 3 J's. I find it quite sad, but hey more for me and the rest of us who have supported this project to enjoy!! :D

That first time poster Lord Krom might have been just trying to get noticed, with a post like this. Looks like an ass.

I'm sure with the five Grammys, gives Alison and Robert a lot of deserved recognition and exposure. I would think this will give RS, a significant sales spike. How much, we'll see. You could check Amazon as their sales figures are usually fairly current.

Their new project could be quite popular due to all of this and what kind of touring they do remains to be seen. Whether they play the smaller halls with all this recognition could be a tough ticket.

That first time poster Lord Krom might have been just trying to get noticed, with a post like this. Looks like an ass.

I'm sure with the five Grammys, gives Alison and Robert a lot of deserved recognition and exposure. I would think this will give RS, a significant sales spike. How much, we'll see. You could check Amazon as their sales figures are usually fairly current.

Their new project could be quite popular due to all of this and what kind of touring they do remains to be seen. Whether they play the smaller halls with all this recognition could be a tough ticket.

I hope they will tour in smaller halls even if it means multiple dates in a city. I think the nature of the music works much better in that setting than a bigger arena.

I hope they will tour in smaller halls even if it means multiple dates in a city. I think the nature of the music works much better in that setting than a bigger arena.

I agree. It definitely works better in a theater type venue. Would love to see them do multiple nights rather than one big amphitheater show. I wonder now since the Grammy win if the small 15 date tour that is supposedly planned this year will be extended?

Archived