GRAMMY Results

SuperDave

Here's the entire list of 110 categories in 31 fields, the nominee's and winners of the Grammy's.

I didn't realize there was so much volume, lot's of real surprises among the entree's and winner's.

http://content.grammy.com/grammy_awards/51st_show/list.aspx

Now I understand why Paul McCartney picked his 45 year old "I saw her standing there" to play,

From field 4, Rock,

2evg93n.jpg

I hope they will tour in smaller halls even if it means multiple dates in a city. I think the nature of the music works much better in that setting than a bigger arena.

Oh, absolutely and totally agree with you. With a resurgence of popularity, I just hope the promoters, management and venues don't try to push thyem into the larger halls.

Well, yesterday I said Raising Sand would probably receive a spike in sales. Well, it's already happening as I have checked. It's the current number one album on both iTunes and Amazon. That didn't take long. Gotta love this new exposure for the two of them.

Oh, absolutely and totally agree with you. With a resurgence of popularity, I just hope the promoters, management and venues don't try to push them into the larger halls.

Well, yesterday I said Raising Sand would probably receive a spike in sales. Well, it's already happening as I have checked. It's the current number one album on both iTunes and Amazon. That didn't take long. Gotta love this new exposure for the two of them.

I would think Robert and Alison would have some say as to the size of the venues they play in and my guess is neither are too interested in the huge arenas.

That's awesome about the sales :thumbsup: Good on them!

Oh, absolutely and totally agree with you. With a resurgence of popularity, I just hope the promoters, management and venues don't try to push thyem into the larger halls.

This is wonderful news! :cheer: I am waiting to see how they do on the Billboard charts also, but we will have to wait until next week.

They reentered the top 200 charts at #68 :D

Correct me if I'm wrong with the Billboard charts, but I think they end Saturday. So that increase in sales, could be due to the approaching Grammys and their five noms at the time. More important will be the next Billboard charts. That should tell you something.

I know Amazon's are done daily, but not sure about iTunes. Anyone have more info on this?

Correct me if I'm wrong with the Billboard charts, but I think they end Saturday. So that increase in sales, could be due to the approaching Grammys and their five noms at the time. More important will be the next Billboard charts. That should tell you something.

I know Amazon's are done daily, but not sure about iTunes. Anyone have more info on this?

I pretty sure it is weekly thing too. I dont undertand it as well. We have to wait for official billboard release not something from the manic nirvana website

Rounder Records was expecting a %1000 increase not at %256 increase. If it is the latter, which i doubt ,it is very disappointing. Herbie Hancock release made it to the Top 5 and that was a jazz album which was remarkable see below

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - Many artists dream of "packing out stadiums or selling a bazillion records," says Antonio "L.A." Reid, chairman of Island Def Jam Music Group. But to Reid there's a more important achievement. "I still hold the Grammys as the highest honor an artist can win."

On Sunday, Coldplay, Lil Wayne, Ne-Yo, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss and Radiohead will vie for the album of the year prize at the 51st annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.

As in years past, Grammy nominations can help boost artist awareness and album sales. Last year, in the days following his nomination for album of the year, Herbie Hancock's Joni Mitchell tribute River: The Joni Letters experienced an 80 per cent sales increase. A week after its surprise win, River exploded 967 per cent to 54,000 copies sold. It peaked at No. 5 on the Billboard 200, the jazz legend's best sales week since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking data in 1991.

Similarly, in the week following Plant & Krauss' nomination for Raising Sand, the Rounder release -- which also garnered nods in four other categories -- had an 88 per cent boost in sales. The duo's first collaborative album has now sold more than 1.1 million copies in the United States, according to SoundScan.

Rounder GM Sheri Sands doesn't expect the sales to stop there. "I anticipate when they win that we will see somewhere in the neighbourhood of a 1,000 per cent increase," Sands says. Last year Plant & Krauss received a best pop collaboration with vocals Grammy for the track "Gone Gone Gone."

Nick Gatfield, EMI Music president of A&R for the United Kingdom and North America, says Coldplay's nod for Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends (Capitol) could help expose additional material on the album. Its biggest-selling track, "Viva La Vida," has sold 2.7 million downloads, according to SoundScan.

"Sometimes when you have a song that big, it's very hard for the other material to push on through," Gatfield says. "This will give an opportunity to get more in-depth into the album and hear beyond just "Viva La Vida" about how great this record is."

Coldplay's set debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 and was the second-best seller of 2008, behind Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III, with 2.1 million copies. With seven nominations, Coldplay is also up for record of the year and best rock album. "What Coldplay have always delivered is songs that touch people in many territories, lyrically and musically," Parlophone president of A&R labels Miles Leonard says.

Then there's Lil Wayne, who leads the field with eight nominations stemming from Tha Carter III, which is at 2.8 million to date. The set sold slightly more than 1 million units in its first week of release last June.

"Not too many people get a chance to do it like that," Cash Money president/CEO Ronald "Slim" Williams says. "I always said that we would do million-plus records, and people would look at me like I was crazy."

Meanwhile, Ne-Yo's album of the year nomination for Year of the Gentleman will come in handy for future promotional efforts, according to Reid, but Def Jam is more focused on getting the slick-dressing R&B artist a performance slot on the awards show.

"That would be more important to me, because his fans draw from the emotional connection, and that's the driver that really sends people to the stores," Reid says. Year of the Gentleman, which has sold 731,000 copies, is also up for best contemporary R&B album.

TBD Records co-founder Phil Costello says label staffers were "picking up ourselves off the floor" after discovering that Radiohead's critically acclaimed In Rainbows had been nominated for album of the year. The British rock outfit astonished the music industry in October 2007 after announcing that it would allow fans to name their own price for the digital purchase of the set.

"I was afraid people would look at it as an old record, even though we didn't street it until Jan. 1, 2008," Costello says. "I was also wondering how the Recording Academy would view the way that the band delivered it, frankly." The physical release of In Rainbows has sold 654,000 U.

Good Evening:

I was reading today's issue of The Toronto Sun when I saw an article about a young man who won two Grammies for his engineering work on Raising Sand. He is a graduate of The Trebas Institute in Toronto that specializes in teaching music industry skills.

I was trying to find the same article in their on-line edition but I can't find it. He is not even mentioned in the list of all the winners. In the hard copy there's a pic of this guy in the studio with Robert.

Congratulations....

Good Evening:

I was reading today's issue of The Toronto Sun when I saw an article about a young man who won two Grammies for his engineering work on Raising Sand. He is a graduate of The Trebas Institute in Toronto that specializes in teaching music industry skills.

I was trying to find the same article in their on-line edition but I can't find it. He is not even mentioned in the list of all the winners. In the hard copy there's a pic of this guy in the studio with Robert.

Congratualtions....

In categories 92 and 93 (out of 110 !) of the grammy winners (non-classical production) there's no mention of anyone associated with Raising Sand. Unless the listing in the link I provided is incomplete, it must've been another type of award.

Good Evening:

Congratualtions....

Category 1

Record Of The Year

(Award to the Artist and to the Producer(s), Recording Engineer(s) and/or Mixer(s), if other than the artist.)

Please Read The Letter

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss

T Bone Burnett, producer; Mike Piersante, engineer/mixer

Track from: Raising Sand

[Rounder]

Category 2

Album Of The Year

(Award to the Artist(s) and to the Album Producer(s), Recording Engineer(s)/Mixer(s) & Mastering Engineer(s), if other than the artist.)

Raising Sand

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss

T Bone Burnett, producer; Mike Piersante, engineer/mixer; Gavin Lurssen, mastering engineer

[Rounder]

http://www.grammy.com/grammy_awards/51st_show/list.aspx#24

You could be right. I forget when their chart period is. I do agree it will be interesting to see what the next week's charts show. I'm also curious if radio or video play will increase again.

You could be right. I forget when their chart period is. I do agree it will be interesting to see what the next week's charts show. I'm also curious if radio or video play will increase again.

The Fray Topples Springsteen On Billboard 200

The Frayspacer.gifFebruary 11, 2009 11:11 AM ET spacer.gifKatie Hasty, N.Y.The Fray earns its first No. 1 on The Billboard 200 with its sophomore self-titled Epic album, which sold 179,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

The Denver-based rock act's previous album, "How To Save a Life," peaked at No. 14 and had its best sales week during Christmas 2006 with 150,000. It has sold 2.37 million to date.

Last week's No. 1, Bruce Springsteen's "Working on a Dream" (Columbia), slips to No. 2 in its second week with 102,000, a 55% sales hit.

Dierks Bentley's Capitol Nashville album "Feel That Fire" debuts at No. 3 on The Billboard 200 and No. 1 on Top Country Albums with 71,000 units. It's the singer's fourth straight top 10 on The Billboard 200 and third chart-topper on Country Albums. His last album, 2006's "Long Trip Alone," bowed at Nos. 5 and 1 on those charts with 82,000.

Bentley replaces Taylor Swift's "Fearless" (Big Machine) at the helm on the Country Albums tally, where it reigned supreme for the last 12 weeks. On The Billboard 200, "Fearless" slips 2-4 despite a 16% sales increase to 64,000. Beyonce's "I Am ... Sasha Fierce" (Music World/Columbia) has flat sales at 51,000, falling 3-5. With an 8% swell to 47,000 copies, Nickelback's "Dark Horse" (Roadrunner) descends 4-6.

At No. 7, "Kidz Bop 15" starts with 58,000. It's the ninth consecutive top 10 debut for the regular Razor & Tie "Bop" series, not counting its holiday and "Gold" titles. The collected "Kidz" albums -- including all of their assorted permutations -- have moved 9.3 million units in the U.S.

Jamie Foxx's "Intuition" (J) shifts 7-8 with 37,000 (+2%), while Kanye West's "808s & Heartbreak" (Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam) descends 5-9 with 33,000 (-15%). Keyshia Cole's "A Different Me" (Geffen) sold 34,000 (+8%), falling 8-10.

The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus' second major-label album, "Lonely Road" (Virgin), enters The Billboard 200 at No. 14 with 26,000. That outpaces the band's prior album, "Don't You Fake It," which debuted and peaked at No. 25 in 2006 with an opening frame of 25,000.

Victory rock act A Day To Remember opens at No. 21 with "Homesick," with 22,000 copies.

Though the Grammy awards ceremony was held on the evening of Sunday, Feb. 8 -- the last day of the tracking week reflected in today's Billboard 200 chart -- the CBS broadcast was a major cause of sales increases on this week's charts. Robert Plant and Alison Krauss' "Raising Sand," which won album of the year, re-enters at No. 68, on a 286% gain to 9,000.

Most gains come as a result of download purchases on Sunday night after the show. Another big winner, Adele and her Columbia debut "19," climb 56-27 on an 89% gain to 18,000. Of that increase of approximately 8,000 units, 82% was made up of downloads.

At 7.32 million units, sales are up 12.5% compared to the same total last week but are off by 13.1% compared to the same week in 2008.

Hi EL:

You should get an award for your prompt posting.....yes that's the person...

Bravo for Mike's skill in helping Robert, Alison and T-Bone...

Juliet :cheer::cheer::cheer:

PS I see Trebas Institute also has a campus in Montreal...

Hi:

I was checking out the Trebas website and there's a story about Mike and his Grammy achievements..

Here's the site http://www.trebas.com/ Click on Toronto then go to the link NEWS...

Looks like Raising Sand sales have increased in Canada dramatically,based on HMV report

HMV Canada: "Working on a Dream" by Bruce Springsteen tops CD sales list

21 hours ago

TORONTO — The following is HMV Canada's top 10 CDs based on national sales for the week ending Feb. 11.

CDs

1 Working on a Dream - Bruce Springsteen

2 Raising Sand - Robert Plant and Alison Krauss

3 Grammy Nominees 2009 - Various Artists

4 We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things - Jason Mraz

5 Its Not Me, It's You - Lily Allen

6 Only by Night - Kings of Leon

7 The Fray - The Fray

8 The Fame - Lady GaGa

9 Labryinthes - Malajube

10 19 - Adele

Country