GRAMMY Results

SuperDave

I was only comparing one on one.

Amazon vs. DeepDiscount.

If you decide to purchase the featured item, you can easily see there's no comparison.

I should have been clearer - I was thinking actual stores rather than online stores.

I got mine at Amazon for $9.99, free shipping because......

I also bought "Walking into Clarksdale" and Jimmy Page and The Black Crowes "Live at the Greek"!

:cheer:

I should have been clearer - I was thinking actual stores rather than online stores.

I generally buy my music at small independently owned music shops anyway and pay just a bit more than online prices, but the interaction, pleasure and socialbility of meeting other music fans more than make up for a few dollars.

I generally buy my music at small independently owned music shops anyway and pay just a bit more than online prices, but the interaction, pleasure and socialbility of meeting other music fans more than make up for a few dollars.

I have a soft spot for independent retailers,be it records,coffee,book stores, cos small business people are so important to the economy

I have a soft spot for independent retailers,be it records,coffee,book stores, cos small business people are so important to the economy

The economy part is secondary to me. The important thing is the real live human interaction, an intangible.

But no, not really. Real live human interaction is very tangible. B)

It's sad to see that happen.

And the record shops are not always zoned for living quarters.

Well now it's quality over quantity because some of the very best record shops ever still exist. Just like good music, you have to search for it. They don't always lay it right under your nose.

You can usually find one good one on Highway 61.

Well now it's quality over quantity because some of the very best record shops ever still exist. Just like good music, you have to search for it. They don't always lay it right under your nose.

I'm aware of that but you can't deny that many of them have fallen to hard times.

And the record shops are not always zoned for living quarters.

No they aren't but even those that are face competition from downloading or online places that are cheaper. Just a sad situation.

I'm aware of that but you can't deny that many of them have fallen to hard times.

No, of course not. But I was hoping you'd understand my "quality over quantity", and "some still exist" remark in that context. Seems clear to me, at least when reading between the lines. :rolleyes:

Compared to many other stores, 11.99 is a great price for a cd. If you buy something else and total 25 bucks, you get the free shipping.

That's what I always do. Plus if you collect your change and exchange it in one of those CoinStar machines you can get coupons for iTunes and Amazon among others. And they don't charge you a fee if you convert it to a certificate. I've also used that Deepdiscount.com as well. They're pretty good and service was quite fast. You can find some hard to get or out of print items.

On to other things to get back on track.

Now we wait with baited breath for Wednesday, when the new rankings for the Billboard 200 are released. Could be a number one for Robert and Alison! We'll see.

That's what I always do. Plus if you collect your change and exchange it in one of those CoinStar machines you can get coupons for iTunes and Amazon among others. And they don't charge you a fee if you convert it to a certificate. I've also used that Deepdiscount.com as well. They're pretty good and service was quite fast. You can find some hard to get or out of print items.

On to other things to get back on track.

Now we wait with baited breath for Wednesday, when the new rankings for the Billboard 200 are released. Could be a number one for Robert and Alison! We'll see.

Wednesday I hope will bring good news for them! Number one would be awesome. Fingers crossed.

I'd never heard of her. Another part that surprised me was the lead guitar parts that, I believe it was Keith Urban, was playing with Al Green. Was that right?

Overall the snippets I caught were surprisingly good for a Grammy presentation.

She sang her song Last Name.

Justin Timberlake sang with Al Green on Let's Stay Together. Keith Urban is playing guitar.

Feb. 9, 2009 — Keith Urban pulled double duty during the 51st annual Grammy Awards, performing twice during the celebration at the Staples Center in multi-artist events that played mix and match with genres.

Keith sat in on guitar as Al Green and Justin Timberlake teamed up on Al’s R&B classic "Let’s Stay Together," a performance that was added to the telecast at the last minute when two other stars — Chris Brown and Rihanna — cancelled their appearances. Keith later joined fellow guitarists B.B. King, Buddy Guy and John Mayer in a tribute to Bo Diddley, who died during 2008.

http://www.gactv.com/gac/nw_headlines/arti...940464_,00.html

I think she was saying Carrie Underwood sang the song "Last Name" but I'm not sure either. I'm not a big fan of hers to know any of her songs :lol:

Yes, that was Carrie Underwood, and she was the winner of American Idol Season 4 in 2005 (the first season I watched/then sadly got HOOKED on AI :( How embarrassing!! LOL!!!). The song she sang is called Last Name (not that I am a country fan AT ALL...sorry but for me it is like nails on a chalkboard...however, I am now an AI addict, and actually Carrie was my fave that season along with Bo Bice).

Sharon

Archived