GRAMMY Results

SuperDave

Yes, that was Carrie Underwood, and she was the winner of American Idol Season 4 in 2005 (the first season I watched/then sadly got HOOKED on AI :( How embarrassing!! LOL!!!). The song she sang is called Last Name (not that I am a country fan AT ALL...sorry but for me it is like nails on a chalkboard...however, I am now an AI addict, and actually Carrie was my fave that season along with Bo Bice).

Sharon

I'm not a fan of American Idol at all but I do know Carrie Underwood just from the media and seeing bits of her video clips aired. I love country music (more old school) though :D The UK has their version (name escapes me at the moment) which produced Leona Lewis and I think she's great.

1)Taylor Swift

2)The Fray

3)Plant Krauss

Not as close as i thought it would be

GRAMMY SPIKES RUN SWIFT

Taylor Returns to the Top; India.Arie, Lily Allen, Bobby Valentino Bow; Plant/Krauss, Grammy Nominees, Coldplay, Adele Score Big

February 17, 2009

She may not have even been nominated, but Taylor Swift's performance on the Grammy Awards show and the Valentine's Day effect are enough to catapult Fearless back into the #1 position on the HITS Album sales chart.

Epic's The Fray, last week's leader, drops to #2, just ahead of multiple Grammy winner Plant/Krauss, whose Raising Sand album on Rounder is up nearly 700% to #3 with 73k.

A pair of newcomers round out the Top 5 in Universal Republic's India.Arie, with Testimony Vol. 2: Love and Politics at #4 and Capitol's Lily Allen, whose sophomore album It's Not Me, It's You lands at #5. The other Top 10 chart debut is registered by Capitol R&B crooner Bobby Valentino, using his namesake holiday to score #10 for his album Rebirth.

Rhino's Grammy Nominees 2009 compilation receives a boost from the telecast, up 170% at #6, followed by Capitol's Grammy winner Coldplay, up 255% at #7, Columbia's Bruce Springsteen at #8 and the label's Best New Artist winner Adele, up 198% at #9.

The Top 50's other newcomers include Universal Republic's Lonely Island, the comedy troupe featuring SNL's Andy Samberg, with such viral hits as "Jizz in My Pants" and "Dick in a Box," entering at #13, Provident/Reunion Christian heavy metal rockers Red (#20), and Casablanca/Universal Motown's Ryan Leslie (#37).

Other artists who receive a benefit from Grammy exposure include Atlantic's Jason Mraz (#16, +32%), Grand Hustle/Atlantic's T.I. (#17, +45%), Def Jam/IDJ's Ne-Yo (#23, +50%), Cash Money/University Motown's Lil Wayne (#27, +33%), Arista/RMG's Jennifer Hudson (#45-28, +123%), Mercury Nashville's Sugarland (#40-33, +88%), RCA/RMG's Kings of Leon (#34, +32%), Capitol's Katy Perry (#36, +27%), Big Machine country diva Swift's debut (#38, +31%), J/RMG's Leona Lewis (#42, +22%) and WB's Metallica (#43, +39%)

Next big releases on tap include the Jonas Brothers' Hollywood Records soundtrack to their upcoming 3-D movie on Feb. 24, Interscope's U2 and Def Jam/IDJ's The-Dream on March 3 and RCA/RMG's Kelly Clarkson streeting March 10.

Top Catalog Albums of the Soundscan era

BTW Swift sales in excess of 90,000

Hmm, seems Robert/Alison did get number 2.

Swift Back To No. 1 As Plant/Krauss, Coldplay Soar

In a chart week encompassing Grammy boosts and Valentine's Day sales, Taylor Swift's Big Machine effort "Fearless" returns to the top of The Billboard 200. The set moved 92,000 copies on a 44% sales jump, resulting in its nine non-consecutive weeks at No. 1. The last album spend more time at the top was Santana's "Supernatural," which enjoyed 12 weeks at No. 1 in 1999 and 2000.

Selling 77,000 on a whopping 715% increase, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss' "Raising Sand" (Rounder) zooms 69-2 following its album of the year win at the Grammys. The set debuted at No. 2 in late 2007 with 112,000 and has now sold 1.26 million to date.

Coldplay's "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends" (Capitol rebounds 31-8 with 62,000 (+271%); the album generated four Grammys, including song of the year for "Viva La Vida." Best new artist winner Adele's Columbia debut "19" climbs from 27-10 with 57,000 on 218% bump, and the "Grammy Nominees 2009" compilation posts a 114% increase to 61,000, resulting in a 12-9 jump.

Elsewhere on The Bilboard 2000, India.Arie's "Testimony: Vol. 2 -- Love & Politics" (Universal Republic) arrives at No. 3 with 76,000. The singer/songwriter's last release, 2006's "Testimony: Vol. 1 -- Life & Relationship," started at No. 1 with 161,000.

After topping the chart last week, the Fray's self-titled Epic album slips to No. 4 with 75,000 (-58%). Directly behind is Lily Allen's sophomore album, "It's Not Me, It's You" (Capitol), which starts with 70,000 at No. 5. The British singer's debut release, 2007's "Alright, Still...," bowed at No. 20 with 34,000.

billboard

YES!!!

:thumbsup::banana::chickeddance:

It would be even better, if they could sustain this for another week and move up another notch. Maybe, that's wishful thinking and that sales usually drop off after a week pertaining to the Grammys factor.

It sure would but even if it doesn't, still great news :D

I'm not a fan of American Idol at all but I do know Carrie Underwood just from the media and seeing bits of her video clips aired. I love country music (more old school) though :DThe UK has their version (name escapes me at the moment) which produced Leona Lewis and I think she's great.

The U.K's version was the original version, which was then exported to America.

Actually the whole current 't.v audition and search for a music star' began in New Zealand a decade ago. The New Zealand show was about finding a group. They found TrueBliss. The show was called 'Popstars'.

Britain took the idea off the New Zealand then Australian show and came up with it's own 'Popstars' show. Hear'Say were founded but they didn't last long. The next season Girls Aloud were founded and they are even now still the biggest girl group in Britain.

Shortly after, the format changed into 'Pop Idol' (which was then exported to America as 'American Idol' ) and now the format in Britain is called X Factor.

The U.K's version was the original version, which was then exported to America.

Actually the whole current 't.v audition and search for a music star' began in New Zealand a decade ago. The New Zealand show was about finding a group. They found TrueBliss. The show was called 'Popstars'.

Britain took the idea off the New Zealand then Australian show and came up with it's own 'Popstars' show. Hear'Say were founded but they didn't last long. The next season Girls Aloud were founded and they are even now still the biggest girl group in Britain.

Shortly after, the format changed into 'Pop Idol' (which was then exported to America as 'American Idol' ) and now the format in Britain is called X Factor.

X Factor :slapface: Thanks, totally spaced on that.

:lol:

Hi Fenix :wave: Nice to see you. Hope you are doing well :D

Nice to see you too. Not doing too bad at all thanks, been a very busy time hence my lack of postage/posting ha ha not sure which is correct.

Thought I'd pop in and see if the old place was still standing. Happy to see it still is, touch and go there for a while I thought.

How are things with you...good I trust.

Nice to see you too. Not doing too bad at all thanks, been a very busy time hence my lack of postage/posting ha ha not sure which is correct.

Thought I'd pop in and see if the old place was still standing. Happy to see it still is, touch and go there for a while I thought.

How are things with you...good I trust.

I am well thanks. Well I hope you get unbusy - I know pedalo training is intense but feel free to take some breaks and not be a stranger :DB)

Sorry folks - back to those Grammy wins <_<

Archived