Krauss/Plant win more Grammys (5) than Led Zeppelin ever did (0)

dpat

I rarely watch SNL anymore unless there's a musical guest I want to see. I haven't found the cast funny in years (with rare exceptions).

I think it has gotten a lot better very recently. I stopped watching it too, because you're right, it just was not very funny anymore. But I've been watching it lately and have actually found it pretty funny!

So what categories did they win in? I watched some of the show and only saw 3 that they won. I have the CD (my son got it for me when it first came out) but I'm so sorry, I just can't get into that music. They sing great together, but need to get much better (material) songs. Glad he actually mentioned Jimmy for helping write that song. Maybe if they dump the Bluegrass/Country sound and do something a little more upbeat I would like it better!

So what categories did they win in? I watched some of the show and only saw 3 that they won. I have the CD (my son got it for me when it first came out) but I'm so sorry, I just can't get into that music. They sing great together, but need to get much better (material) songs. Glad he actually mentioned Jimmy for helping write that song. Maybe if they dump the Bluegrass/Country sound and do something a little more upbeat I would like it better!

You do understand that bluegrass/country IS what Alison Krauss does, right?

On February 8, 2009, the album won all five awards for which it was nominated at the 51st Grammy Awards: Album of the Year; Best Contemporary Folk/Americana Album; Record of the Year (for "Please Read the Letter"); Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals (for "Rich Woman"); and Best Country Collaboration with Vocals (for "Killing the Blues").

You don't think Fortune Teller is upbeat? I like the song selection - it's varied and not "obvious" ones to pick. I'll be quite curious what the songs will be for the next cd :D

I still would love to see Robert work with Jimmy again, have a different sound for Led Zeppelin and have Led Zeppelin go to the Grammy's. Led Zeppelin needs a Grammy in 2009 or 2010. Led Zeppelin needs this goal! :D:D

I know some may not agree, but since Robert has won 5 Grammy awards - he should go for it, even if that means bring T-Bone into the picture or some other producer to get Led Zeppelin the recognition they deserve. Led needs a Grammy!

Hi for all. I'm new here and very glad to be posting by the first time!

I think PennyLane just touched the point when said that "would love to see Robert work with Jimmy again, have a different sound for Led Zeppelin". I agree on this point and I think they are arranging the scenario for that. In my opinion they should produce new music, togheter (RP, JP and JPJ), among other invited musicians and without the name Led Zeppelin. LZ will always be the greatest and never will be surpassed. I think these Grammies, Plant saying about de difficulties of four steps to climb to stage, JP and JPJ serching for another frontman - and it was not founded -, and also they said they want to produce loud music and Plant is against it... All these, IMO, shows there is something in the air. It all shows changes in the format are necessaire. New sounds should be embryoned. I think they all love, more than us, the LZ thing, and can't leave without it, and the facts are: Plant can't sing the way he did in the past, John Bonham was a catalyst in the group and a kind of fuel for them all and it's been 28 years since he has gone... They should bring a new form of music that respects all the glorious past, make justice, but it can not be, today, the same kind of music of past. I think they will put an album togheter, with other musicians, not under the LZ name, and they will do some shows and, in the middle of it all, they could feel free to perform as a four piece band, with Jason, perhaps... These are my dreams!

Love you all,

Hundertwasser

I think Chris is very talented and I have been reading alot of stories on the internet that the backlash on him has begun. Such a shame.

Just as I expected, the latest seems to be that Jay-Z is NOT happy with Chris Brown (to put it mildly). Apparently now there is some fake picture of Rhianna circulating showing her injuries. That's sick that someone would do that.

I was watching ET Canada prior to the show (a day or so after AK/RP were first announced to perform). It listed all performers, including AK but did not mention RP. This also happened on our local evening news show (I'm assuming it was taken from ET Canada).

I watched ET Canada as well. A few brief mentions and that's it. I was hoping they would replay the moments their names were announced for each category they won. "And the winner is Robert Plant & Alison Krauss", "And the winner is Robert Plant & Alison Krauss", "And the winner is Robert Plant & Alison Krauss". B)

it's because the grammys have changed, and become more commercial. please shut the fuck up.

They've become MORE commercial??!! Take away the past several years, when haven't they been commercial? Their list of winning songs from the 1960s to the early 2000s looks like a list of the Greatest Soft Pop Songs. They've been selecting more "edgier" songs (Amy Winehouse, Green Day) of late just to try and stay relevant.

with all due respect to Plant and Krauss, the competition was alot tougher back then. Ive got nothing against the music. I havent heard the album, but the song they performed at the Grammys was kinda nice. Imjust glad Lil Wayne didnt win to be honest. Led Zeppelin doesnt need Grammy's. Shit Weird Al won a Grammy. :slapface:

with all due respect to Plant and Krauss, the competition was alot tougher back then. Ive got nothing against the music. I havent heard the album, but the song they performed at the Grammys was kinda nice. Imjust glad Lil Wayne didnt win to be honest. Led Zeppelin doesnt need Grammy's. Shit Weird Al won a Grammy. :slapface:

I think they had some tough competition especially given the fact the Grammy's often award artists based more on popularity/sales rather than talent.

This thread is a bit of a laugh isn't it?

NO.1 Led Zeppelin have won a Grammy (I know that's already been pointed out)

NO.2 Robert Plant & Alison Krauss as a duo have won more than five so that's wrong too (I believe it's six in total but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and laugh at the blatant hypocrisy!!)

NO.3 To the moron who posted about Plant/Krauss being "together" and it preventing a Zep Reunion blah blah blah, they are not "together" in any sense other than a musical one. Idiot.

NO.4 Why on earth do Led Zeppelin, one of the most influential and greatest bands in the history of all things musical...need...a Grammy. Haha.

Also, Can't wait for the new album!! More fresh ideas. Yay :)

This thread is a bit of a laugh isn't it?

NO.1 Led Zeppelin have won a Grammy (I know that's already been pointed out)

NO.2 Robert Plant & Alison Krauss as a duo have won more than five so that's wrong too (I believe it's six in total but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and laugh at the blatant hypocrisy!!)

NO.3 To the moron who posted about Plant/Krauss being "together" and it preventing a Zep Reunion blah blah blah, they are not "together" in any sense other than a musical one. Idiot.

NO.4 Why on earth do Led Zeppelin, one of the most influential and greatest bands in the history of all things musical...need...a Grammy. Haha.

Also, Can't wait for the new album!! More fresh ideas. Yay :)

Robert and Alison have won six but why is that wrong or are you summing up all the issues people have? Sorry I'm confused again :lol:

Led Zeppelin has not won a Grammy. Now, that's a true fact. This was pointed out on "E" prior to the Grammy's last Sunday night. Additionally, one can google grammy losers and Led Zeppelin is listed there.

They won a Lifetime Achievement Award in 2005 given out by the Grammy's.

To me that still counts as a Grammy and sorry for the confusion Nine Lives, I meant the guy who started the thread got that wrong too as he said they'd won five. I know it's picky but god, some of the things said on here make me want to smash my head against the screen....or open a can, sit back and listen to Rich Woman :)

To me that still counts as a Grammy and sorry for the confusion Nine Lives, I meant the guy who started the thread got that wrong too as he said they'd won five. I know it's picky but god, some of the things said on here make me want to smash my head against the screen....or open a can, sit back and listen to Rich Woman :)

No worries :)

Don't smash your head against the screen, they don't deserve that LOL just for a thread like this. B)

I managed not to. Instead I bought a Townes Van Zandt album.

Another great thing about Robert's work, it leads you to so many great places.

Tim Buckley is another fantastic artist I came to appreciate at the age of 16 :)

Who knows whether I'd have even found him if not for Robert!!

I managed not to. Instead I bought a Townes Van Zandt album.

Another great thing about Robert's work, it leads you to so many great places.

Tim Buckley is another fantastic artist I came to appreciate at the age of 16 :)

Who knows whether I'd have even found him if not for Robert!!

:o The same here. Raising Sand has led me to Townes Van Zandt.

Tim and Jeff Buckley are both wonderful artists. :)

:o The same here. Raising Sand has led me to Townes Van Zandt.

Tim and Jeff Buckley are both wonderful artists. :)

Jeff Buckley I was already a fan of but Tim Buckley and Townes Van Zandt were definitely from Robert! As was Tinariwen and a whole host of other artists :D

Archived