Krauss/Plant win more Grammys (5) than Led Zeppelin ever did (0)

dpat

The mightly Led Zeppelin won 0 (zero) Grammys. Granted, in their time they were considered "too hard" for the music industry. Not squeaky clean like Helen Reddy and John Denver, et. al.

They did get nominated (but did not win) for Best Album Package for In Through the Out Door.

Congrats to Mr. Plant, Burnett & Ms. Krauss, but the album (in my untrained ears) comes off as lazy hillbilly music with a few spats of rockabilly thrown in.

Krauss's tracks on the O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack sound MUCH MORE inspired than those on Raising Sand.

Oh well, the Grammy's were never that intelligent in who they selected.

Saw the Raising Sand concert in Madison Square Garden... I'm not a music dude but in my opinion it sucked. Yes, Plant can have fun. she is a nice piece of azz.. I'd bang Alison "Yoko" Too... Yeah it won grammy's and I wind up gettign married too.. Amazing how we men get throw off coarse.

Saw the Raising Sand concert in Madison Square Garden... I'm not a music dude but in my opinion it sucked. Yes, Plant can have fun. she is a nice piece of azz.. I'd bang Alison "Yoko" Too... Yeah it won grammy's and I wind up gettign married too.. Amazing how we men get throw off coarse.

Show some respect.

"In the old days we would have called this selling out," joked a bearded and long-haired Plant, dressed in a white T-shirt and black leather jacket, as he collected the award for Best Album, his producer T Bone Burnett beside him.

Wow! Who really cares about the Grammies

I sure pregnant chick was the highlight.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/entertainment/m...636.html#toggle

Intelligent post. Thanks for sharing.

A completely unintelligent post. Wish you had not shared it.

I often wonder if the LZ fans who hate this album/collaboration hate it on musical grounds or if it's "Yoko Ono" to them in the sense that it is "keeping" Robert from doing the LZ reunion he obviously DOES NOT WANT TO DO...

I don't like it on musical grounds. Find it very bland. And that's not from any dislike of country music or whatever, which I often enjoy. Well, stuff like Gram Parsons, J J Cale, The Band... you know, that sort of thing. It's a fine line I suppose.

I do think it's genuinely tragic that Jimmy Page isn't out there performing when he was on such magnificent form at the reunion, but I don't directly connect that with Raising Sand. Robert's stance is perfectly understandable, but it's incredible and unbelievably sad that it should seemingly cripple Jimmy in this way.

Here's a thought... alison and Robert have a little fight.. guess what Zep's back.. p u z z y wipped.

he ought to be ashamed of himself.. maybe she can put some depends on him..

Guess what Zep disbanded in 1980 not 2007. Alison has nothing to do with Zep other than collaborating with Zep's FORMER vocalist.

"In the old days we would have called this selling out," joked a bearded and long-haired Plant, dressed in a white T-shirt and black leather jacket, as he collected the award for Best Album, his producer T Bone Burnett beside him.

In the old days, we would have called this selling out, but I think it's a good way to spend a Sunday.

Robert Plant has every right to be proud of himself and no reason at all to be ashamed.

I think Raising Sand is very good and congratulate RP and AK. :)

I am disappointed that LZ decided to call it quits. :(

However, after watching an aged Neil Diamond singing his 40 year-old hit last night, I can understand the cause for concern. B)

WHAT A JERK!

I do think it's genuinely tragic that Jimmy Page isn't out there performing when he was on such magnificent form at the reunion, but I don't directly connect that with Raising Sand. Robert's stance is perfectly understandable, but it's incredible and unbelievably sad that it should seemingly cripple Jimmy in this way.

I've read some infantile posts from some people over recent months, but this takes the biscuit!

If Page wants to get out there, then he can; he doesn't need Plant to hold his hand. There is nothing stopping former members of Led Zeppelin from assembling bands, recording and touring if they so wish. Nothing. I fully support Robert Plant and his decisions - good luck to the man. His recent statement makes sense, to me, at least. Deal with it.

RB

Isnt it interesting the song the won for, other than the album......Please Read the letter, written W/ JIMMY PAGE!!!!!!

Please Read The Letter is credited to Page, Plant, Jones and Lee on Walking Into Clarksdale, so if anything, they should all take a share.

RB

I've read some infantile posts from some people over recent months, but this takes the biscuit!

If Page wants to get out there, then he can; he doesn't need Plant to hold his hand. There is nothing stopping former members of Led Zeppelin from assembling bands, recording and touring if they so wish. Nothing. I fully support Robert Plant and his decisions - good luck to the man. His recent statement makes sense, to me, at least. Deal with it.

RB

Yet it all came to a screeching halt when Robert said "no"...

If this wasn't the case, wouldn't JPJ and Jimmy be making noise, since it's more than a fucking year later?

Fuck off.

What brspled said.

Guess what Zep disbanded in 1980 not 2007. Alison has nothing to do with Zep other than collaborating with Zep's FORMER vocalist.

Yes--exactly. I like Raising Sand and I'm happy that Robert and Alison have been able to work together.

Seriously, some of the comments in this thread are ridiculous. Things like this make me stay away from this place. Come on you guys...WTF?

Archived