Krauss/Plant win more Grammys (5) than Led Zeppelin ever did (0)

dpat

What manderlyh said.

Great minds think alike. ;)

I'm glad to see that more people than I are irritated with the things said in this thread.

28 years ago, Led Zeppelin "broke up," not when Robert met Alison. :rolleyes:

I am quite pleased that they won Grammys for their album--I am pleased with the album--I've always been a fan of both Robert and Alison--and this partnership turned out to work very well. I went to a show last year and I wish I would have tried to make it to more. If the tour again, I'd be sure to make it to at least one more show.

I thought LZ won a lifetime achievement (grammy) award in 2005.

My bad; I should have prefaced it, "... more Grammys than when Led Zeppelin was still a band."

I didn't know they let the local pre-school kids post in threads. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with some of you people? Robert Plant, a person we're all supposed to love and respect, just won 5 Grammys for some very good work. Can't we be happy for him and Alison......or is that too much to ask?

Shit.

What brspled said.

Yes--exactly. I like Raising Sand and I'm happy that Robert and Alison have been able to work together.

Seriously, some of the comments in this thread are ridiculous. Things like this make me stay away from this place. Come on you guys...WTF?

:bravo::yesnod:

Did everyone watch the grammys and see Plant and Krauss perform. Is it just me or do the two just look akward on stage together. To me, it just looked akward and weird. Actually seeing Plant on stage with anyone but Zeppelin seems weird to me. And Plant and Krauss win album of the year for Raising Sand, which is just a cover album really. I find that to be pretty pathetic. But whatever. Congrats to Plant but the collaboration should end before they do a second album.

Did everyone watch the grammys and see Plant and Krauss perform. Is it just me or do the two just look akward on stage together. To me, it just looked akward and weird. Actually seeing Plant on stage with anyone but Zeppelin seems weird to me. And Plant and Krauss win album of the year for Raising Sand, which is just a cover album really. I find that to be pretty pathetic. But whatever. Congrats to Plant but the collaboration should end before they do a second album.

Not me, I was actually curious about seeing how the show would go this year, bad economy, new President etc. I've tuned in before but have never watched the entire broadcast. Since it ran late and I nearly gave up on seeing P&K, getting up for work on Mon is bad enough without being tired.

As for P&K looking awkward I don't see it. In fact I think the entire band looks and plays very comfortably together. But I don't look at just P&K, if I had my way Buddy and Jay would have their own cameras all the time and I'd just listen to the rest. However either you've been living under a rock or ignoring Robert Plant since he's been on more stages without Led Zep than with, his solo career has spanned many decades compared to Zep's relatively short time together.

Saw the Raising Sand concert in Madison Square Garden... I'm not a music dude but in my opinion it sucked. Yes, Plant can have fun. she is a nice piece of azz.. I'd bang Alison "Yoko" Too... Yeah it won grammy's and I wind up gettign married too.. Amazing how we men get throw off coarse.

Fuck off.

Here's a thought... alison and Robert have a little fight.. guess what Zep's back.. p u z z y wipped.

he ought to be ashamed of himself.. maybe she can put some depends on him..

Fuck off again.

I think Raising Sand is brilliant and amazing. Traveled from Milwaukee to St. Louis to see them. I'm so thrilled with their success. They and this album deserve it.

Agreed :D

I've never seen Robert with Zep but I think he's always looked happy and at home on stage whoever he's performing with. Don't forget the Grammy's aren't the same sort of live show as when they are on tour. Nevertheless I think they all have a great chemistry together and clearly enjoy working together.

Don't think the collaboration is ending as a second album is in the works.

Don't think the collaboration is ending as a second album is in the works.

I'm way too inept, and lazy, to search for this and I suspect you might know the answer. Will Buddy Miller be a part of the next album? What he brings to the stage would be awesome in the studio.

I'm way too inept, and lazy, to search for this and I suspect you might know the answer. Will Buddy Miller be a part of the next album? What he brings to the stage would be awesome in the studio.

I am assuming so but I unfortunately don't know. I thought I read somewhere it would be the same musicians as with Raising Sand. I sure hope Buddy is involved. He's amazing and I think added a real key element to the sound.

Archived