Krauss/Plant win more Grammys (5) than Led Zeppelin ever did (0)

dpat

I'm very happy that Robert & Alison were big winners last night- congrats to them both!!

Yes I second that - congratulations Robert & Alison! Nice going!

I have not been a huge fan of this collaboration, but I have to admit that I really thoroughly enjoyed their performance last night. What I think I enjoyed the most was seeing how much Robert was enjoying himself with what he is doing & that's enough for me!

:bravo::yesnod:

Did everyone watch the grammys and see Plant and Krauss perform. Is it just me or do the two just look akward on stage together. To me, it just looked akward and weird. Actually seeing Plant on stage with anyone but Zeppelin seems weird to me. And Plant and Krauss win album of the year for Raising Sand, which is just a cover album really. I find that to be pretty pathetic. But whatever. Congrats to Plant but the collaboration should end before they do a second album.

I find your attitude to be pretty pathetic. And they're doing a second album, sorry to have to ruin your day with that news.

God, some of you people need to get over it. Robert Plant has moved on in his career, it's time for you to move on too.

I have given away all the copies I have bought and currently don't have one. Every time I've played it the person listening asked me to give it to them. So I did.

Well aren't you sweet. :) It never occurred to me to ask someone to give me a cd. I'm going to try that. Unfortunately, my friends have terrible taste in music so I've never really been tempted. Maybe I need new friends.

Well aren't you sweet. :) It never occurred to me to ask someone to give me a cd. I'm going to try that. Unfortunately, my friends have terrible taste in music so I've never really been tempted. Maybe I need new friends.

I'm not trying to win friend of the year or anything, it's usually because they have such crummy taste that I oblige. I figure it's my chance to save them from the dark side.

Robert Plant and Allison Krauss created a beautiful album. Of course us Zeppelin fans will never be satisfied with anything but the intense-bluesy story telling that went down for a little over a decade. But what Krauss and Plant did was very nice, the word pleasent comes to mind.

Anyway, i think their winning those 5 grammys is a mixture of a couple things. First, who wouldnt vote for a rock god that can still perform today? ( did anybody see McCartney last night? :huh: ) Second, the grammy people were looking to give awards away last night to real musicians, and of course they wanted to see Robert up on stage to hear what he had to say. And last, their album was very good. It had multiple elements working for it.

I was as giddy as a school girl last night watching them march up to the stage multiple times for their acceptance speech's. And although i would've loved to see Robert rock out on stage i still hold a place in my heart for his music today and appreciate it very much. So good job Robert Plant, and job well done Allison Krauss, I can't wait to see what they produce for their next album.

PS: T-bone is such a camera hog haha

I have given away all the copies I have bought and currently don't have one. Every time I've played it the person listening asked me to give it to them. So I did.

:D That's very cool of you to do!

Robert Plant and Allison Krauss created a beautiful album. Of course us Zeppelin fans will never be satisfied with anything but the intense-bluesy story telling that went down for a little over a decade. But what Krauss and Plant did was very nice, the word pleasent comes to mind.

Anyway, i think their winning those 5 grammys is a mixture of a couple things. First, who wouldnt vote for a rock god that can still perform today? ( did anybody see McCartney last night? :huh: ) Second, the grammy people were looking to give awards away last night to real musicians, and of course they wanted to see Robert up on stage to hear what he had to say. And last, their album was very good. It had multiple elements working for it.

I was as giddy as a school girl last night watching them march up to the stage multiple times for their acceptance speech's. And although i would've loved to see Robert rock out on stage i still hold a place in my heart for his music today and appreciate it very much. So good job Robert Plant, and job well done Allison Krauss, I can't wait to see what they produce for their next album.

PS: T-bone is such a camera hog haha

Well I'm a Zeppelin fan and I'm quite satisfied with all the things Robert has done post Zep that may not be bluesy. I think they won because the album was critically acclaimed and so unique, and for a change the Grammy's decided to honor talent over sales (even though RS has gone platinum).

It was great to see them march to the stage multiple times :D

:huh:

Robert gave Jimmy credit, as in "This was a song I wrote with Jimmy Page." What more do you want?? This was a performance category, not a songwriting category.

Good. I'm glad. I didn't actually see. I heard on the radio this morning.

I'm not trying to win friend of the year or anything, it's usually because they have such crummy taste that I oblige. I figure it's my chance to save them from the dark side.

It's wayyy too late to save my friends. Let me put it this way, if they were to give me their favorite new cd, I'd be going home with Kelly Clarkson or God forbid, the Jonas Bros. I don't know why I hang out with them.

:D That's very cool of you to do!

Well I'm a Zeppelin fan and I'm quite satisfied with all the things Robert has done post Zep that may not be bluesy. I think they won because the album was critically acclaimed and so unique, and for a change the Grammy's decided to honor talent over sales (even though RS has gone platinum).

It was great to see them march to the stage multiple times :D

I totally agree with you! :)

I was so happy for them! The awards were well deserved. I am glad that he is obviously so happy and fullflilled.

I am surprised that they are not getting the press that they deserve. For example, USA Today barely mentions them. No pictures of Alison's dress, nor of either of them, for that matter. Just pictures of the young, hip, and now crowd: The rappers, Katy Perry, Jonas Bros, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus. They did have a picture of Bono and Sir Paul. Only one short paragraph about P & K:

"Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, who had been nominated for five Grammys, won them all, including album of the year for Raising Sand and record of the year for Please Read the Letter. Krauss, who entered the evening as the most-honored female performer with 21 Grammys, raised her total to 26."

I didn't hear them mentioned on ET or Inside Edition either. Maybe I missed it if it was just a brief little blurb mentioning them.

I would think that Robert doesn't seek out or desire this media attention, but it would be nice to see them being appreciated for what they did. I guess that winning five Grammys speaks for itself and it doesn't matter what the media thinks.

Has anyone seen them lauded in the press?

Come on now, someone's musical taste shouldn't decide if you're friends with them. One of my closest friends thinks Britney Spears is actually a good singer. I happen to disagree. Doesn't mean we can't be friends.

At least she loves Pink Floyd. LOL

Yeah... I've been friends with them for 20+ years so they must have some good qualities. My one friend called me today to see if I was happy that my "boy" won so many awards. She's the same one who asked me last year if any of the members of Led Zeppelin were still alive. :blink:

I still would love to see Robert work with Jimmy again, have a different sound for Led Zeppelin and have Led Zeppelin go to the Grammy's. Led Zeppelin needs a Grammy in 2009 or 2010. Led Zeppelin needs this goal! :D:D

I know some may not agree, but since Robert has won 5 Grammy awards - he should go for it, even if that means bring T-Bone into the picture or some other producer to get Led Zeppelin the recognition they deserve. Led needs a Grammy!

I still would love to see Robert work with Jimmy again, have a different sound for Led Zeppelin and have Led Zeppelin go to the Grammy's. Led Zeppelin needs a Grammy in 2009 or 2010. Led Zeppelin needs this goal! :D:D

I know some may not agree, but since Robert has won 5 Grammy awards - he should go for it, even if that means bring T-Bone into the picture or some other producer to get Led Zeppelin the recognition they deserve. Led needs a Grammy!

They don't need a grammy for Gods sake (even though they were given a token one). They were the best rock band on the planet ever, and no fucking golden trophy is going to make any difference.

They don't need a grammy for Gods sake (even though they were given a token one). They were the best rock band on the planet ever, and no fucking golden trophy is going to make any difference.

Absolutely! And technically they did get a Grammy - Lifetime Achievement :D

Archived