Valentines day ....

Pip

I am single and loving it, so I think I am going to buy myself some chocolates! :D

Heh. I had a HUGE box of Valentine's chocolates in my shopping cart at Target today, but then I put them back and bought a small bag of dark chocolate Dove pieces instead. I'm not single, but I know I'm not getting anything this year.

Valentines day has never really been a big day for me. I will be on my own again this year for. But even when i had a girlfriend i would just give them a card. I would not make a big deal about it.

Does anyone remember when they were kids in public school being forced to give every one of your classmates little valentines cards that you would buy in a store in a bag ? and then you would have to give even give them to girls you hated?

Yes, they still do that. My second grader just decorated her shoe box last night :)

Yesterday was also our anniversary but since it fell on a weeknight, we decided to postpone and do a family dinner out this coming weekend.

Blinded, if you're a dumbass and leave the wall switch on.

I got my shades on. B)

Actually I'm going to cook dinner for my beautiful wife.Maybe rent a movie.

Just kick back and enjoy each others company.I might put on an ascot and turn up the lava lamp.

Just to get things rolling along. :)

I got my shades on. B)

Just kick back and enjoy each others company.I might put on an ascot and turn up the lava lamp.

Awwww - I'm sure she will love that :)

Well maybe not the ascot <_<

:D

I don't do anything for Valentine's Day. I find it rather trite, to be honest. I don't need a Hallmark-created holiday to further remind me that at this point, no I don't have someone to buy me flowers and fattening chocolates.

If I want them, I'll buy them for myself. :)

I got my shades on. B)

A lava lamp too? Throw on some Pink Floyd and you're ready to make a little whoopee.

I think I'm going to see this band play in the twin cities area. I've never heard them, but this guy I know is totally obsessed with them. I guess his band played a couple gigs with them and was all in love. :D

Otherwise, I might go see another friend's band play in a different 'burb of the cities because I miss hanging out with the girls and being crazy. I guess we'll see.

The guy can join me if he feels like it, I guess.

I don't do anything for Valentine's Day. I find it rather trite, to be honest. I don't need a Hallmark-created holiday to further remind me that at this point, no I don't have someone to buy me flowers and fattening chocolates.

If I want them, I'll buy them for myself. :)

Good for you. More women should have your attitude Elizabeth. :yesnod:

We haven't gone out for dinner in almost a year, and have been saving for this weekend to go to an old favorite restaurant that recently changed hands to some fancy ass big city chef. It used to be known for it's duck, but now I see the menu on the internet describing a "duck tidbits" entree. What's the freakin' problem getting a lousy half a duck these days???

I'd do something romantic, but the problem is I might have to do all the work, or pay for the whole event. That, and she might expect me to go downtown later. That is, if she'd at least call me. :tears:

What exactly do you mean by going downtown? and whats wrong with going there?

although i am in a fairly new relationship and still in the "honeymoon" stage, i have told him to please not waste money on silly little, waste of money gifts. we will be together on the day, and that's enough for me. a nice dinner and a wine at home, with zep playing..... perfect night imo.

although i am in a fairly new relationship and still in the "honeymoon" stage, i have told him to please not waste money on silly little, waste of money gifts. we will be together on the day, and that's enough for me. a nice dinner and a wine at home, with zep playing..... perfect night imo.

You've got your priorities straight. Enjoy! :D

:D Sounds like a nice night!

I'm sending these hopes and wishes today...

I hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow.

If you do not have a loved one.

Or you have lost a loved one,

Or the one you wanted to love chose another,

Please don't despair.

I hope and wish that you will find true love again

Someday.

Juliet xo

I'm sending these hopes and wishes today...

I hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow.

If you do not have a loved one.

Or you have lost a loved one,

Or the one you wanted to love chose another,

Please don't despair.

I hope and wish that you will find true love again

Someday.

Juliet xo

Happy VD to you also

happy_valentines_day.jpg

Archived