Valentines day ....

Pip

If you go to a lot of movies and are a AAA member, you can buy discounted tickets (sort of in bulk, though). We don't do this because we don't go often enough. If the 5 of us go to a movie it's easily close to $100 with snacks. We go maybe once a year, plus once or twice to the drive-in in the summer (double features). :)

2 tickets if you have to pay for her and two combos. Each combo comes to around 10 to 12 bucks. Hell a small popcorn costs 5 bucks on it's own.

It's a good thing you don't like girls. Makes going to the movies so much cheaper and less aggravating for you. :rolleyes:

It's 12.50 up here. Then you add on food. Good lord. I pity the dude that has to take a date out to the movie and has to pay for it. It will come to almost 50 bucks.

Don't you just about pity any 'dude' that has to take a date out?

:rolleyes:

And tickets in England cost about 7 squid - unless you have a Student card and then it's around a fiver. There's an independant cinema that I love that only charges £4/5.

Last time I went to the movies, it cost me under $20 for the ticket, large drink and large popcorn.

Sometimes I splurge and get a Dippin' Dots later in the movie.

How long ago was this? 10 years ago????? :o It's not possible to go to a mainstream theatre today and get a ticket, a large pop and large popcorn for under 20 dollars. :o Seriously. How much do tickets and food cost each where you go?

I do go to a rep theatre and you can see a movie and get a popcorn and drink for around 10 to 12 dollars.

The last time I went to the movies was about 2 months ago. My ticket was $6.25, the popcorn was $4.75 and the large Diet Coke was $4.25.

$6.25

$4.25

+$4.75

______

$15.25

Look at that.....under $20!

That can't be one of the big time theatres Elizabeth. Was it a half price matinee show? Was it famous players? amc? Those are like independant cinema prices.

Thank-you Spats....

I've been reviewing my original post and the way I spelled my name...Juleit instead of Juliet.....I should be shot....no more lemon pie for me...

Juliet

PS A million apologies Will....

It's okay. I type too fast sometimes and make spelling mistakes and then have to go back and edit and try and correct them. :D

2 tickets if you have to pay for her and two combos. Each combo comes to around 10 to 12 bucks. Hell a small popcorn costs 5 bucks on it's own.

You're also assuming your date is going to a) order food (I don't at movies) and B) supersize it all.

And really, if that's your attitude about having to shell out some money for a date, don't date and problem solved.

You're also assuming your date is going to a) order food (I don't at movies) and B) supersize it all.

And really, if that's your attitude about having to shell out some money for a date, don't date and problem solved.

:unsure: Not really, he's like a rubik's cube with some odd colors mixed in :lol:

Thank-you Spats....

I've been reviewing my original post and the way I spelled my name...Juleit instead of Juliet.....I should be shot....no more lemon pie for me...

Juliet

PS A million apologies Will....

:hidinginwall: Will is spats' real name?

And I think "Juleit" is kind of cool....ya know, sounds like jewel-it......and I like jewels. :D

Do those $1.00 cinema's still exist? After a movie had it's initial run, they'd go to these multiplex's that showed them for $1.00, all shows!

Come to think of it, I think they went to the wayside when netflicks came out.

The instant DVD on demand in one day pushed the $1.00 theaters the way of the telephone booth. Plus I don't believe Fandango would let them list on their site.

11gsq2q.jpg

Then again, those theaters might have met their demise for other reasons.

2gtw6es.jpg

We generally just go for a new Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Batman, Pirates of the Caribbean; that sort of thing. Everything else we wait for the DVD or HBO. I think the last movie I saw in the theater without kids was Titanic.

And I think "Juleit" is kind of cool....ya know, sounds like jewel-it......and I like jewels. :D

I think she was making a reference to Shakespeare, actually. I don't think Spats has a real name.

We generally just go for a new Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Batman, Pirates of the Caribbean; that sort of thing. Everything else we wait for the DVD or HBO. I think the last movie I saw in the theater without kids was Titanic.

I saw that movie in the theaters about 50 times before it was released on VHS. I shit you not.

Hi Angel:

Thanks for the compliment....I was refering to William Shakespeare...I don't know Spats' name

I have not eaten popcorn at a show since I was a kid....p'corn now gives me gas, stomach pains, diarehea...or all of the above....I will not go into the details if I drink too much pop..don't want to gross ya out...I just watch the movie....

I think she was making a reference to Shakespeare, actually. I don't think Spats has a real name.

Hi Angel:

Thanks for the compliment....I was refering to William Shakespeare...I don't know Spats' name

Oh yeah, I see what you mean. Guess it was just wishful thinking on my part, trying to credit spats with a little humanity. ;)

Archived