If Robert Plant can rejuvenate his career in Nashville, who's next?

kdh

Interesting article. I'm not sure I'd say Robert has peaked now. I think he's had many successes post Zep, this being one of them. But it will be interesting to see if there becomes more of a trend for artists to collaborate with country/bluegrass/Americana artists. It doesn't surprise me at all Robert has found creative inspiration in Nashville at all given how diverse his musical tastes are and his desire for exploration.

I hope they will release an official copy of Crossroads on DVD - especially if they're getting all sorts of queries about it :D

Edited by ninelives

Yeah I don't know. I think Nashville may be patting themselves in the back for no reason. Robert has been dabbling in folk, blues and country his entire career. Nashville was late in embracing that type of cross pollination. Now that emulating Gram Parsons has become hip all of sudden they are trying to take credit for something they shunned 35 years ago? Typical music biz bandwagon jumping.

That appeared as part of Rhino Records "Nuggets" collection some years back. It also featured a rousing version of Lucy and the Sky With Diamonds by Leonard Nimoy :blink:

Is Rousing the description you really want to use? Perhaps, just a bit of sarcasm there?

The men don't know but the little girls understand. Meanwhile back at the Ryman...

Oh mama, can this really be the end, to be Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again.

Thanks. Always loved that Dylan song. It's amazing scrolling down the different Jonas Bros. songs. One of them has over 67 million views. Incredible! I'm sure the same little girls have watched these hundreds of times.