Does anybody know where this is from?

theycallmethehunter

4-4.jpg

My friend said it was from a video, where Bonzo dances in it..

Does anyone have that video?? Please tell me!!!

I believe it is on the Double DVD ...at the end in Extras.I've seen it too.....under press conferences.

4-4.jpg

My friend said it was from a video, where Bonzo dances in it..

Does anyone have that video?? Please tell me!!!

I just found it on the end of the double DVD....It plays during the credits of the 2nd disc...It looks like it's from the interviews with the band "Down Under" 1972.

I just found it on the end of the double DVD....It plays during the credits of the 2nd disc...It looks like it's from the interviews with the band "Down Under" 1972.

Sebel Town House Hotel in Sydney Feb 22-23 1972

The Sebel Townhouse Hotel in Sydney's Elizabeth Bay was one of the world's great rock and roll hotels.

Built in 1963 by furniture salesman Harry Sebel, the Townhouse began as a small European style family hotel and was part of a glamorous tourist precinct in and around bohemian Kings Cross.

By the mid 1960s, the Sebel had gained an international reputation for its intimacy and attention. The hotel staff made a point of meeting any request, no matter how difficult, and their ability to turn a blind eye to the excesses and idiosyncracies of the guests made it a favourite haunt of entertainers.

Its tiny late night bar was a favourite haunt of musicians and TV personalities,

whose autographed photos lined the walls. During the day, throngs of teenagers

lined up across the road screaming for their idols.

During the 1970s and 1980s the Sebel Townhouse became the unofficial home of the Australian music industry. Australian artists rubbed shoulders with touring

guests like Elton John, David Bowie and Dire Straits.

By the 1990s, Kings Cross had become more sleazy and the Sebel's glamour had also begun to fade. New hotels had sprung up around Sydney, and the Sebel could no longer attract the same kind of clientele.

Now like more than a dozen hotels in the area, it's been converted into luxury

apartments, signalling the end of an era for Sydney's Kings Cross.

Archived