An Open Letter To Jimmy, Robert, John Paul & Jason

Reggie29

Dear Sirs,

As you are no doubt aware of the tragedy that has befallen my countrymen and women in Victoria.

I was wondering if you would be interested in participating in a benefit which is being organised in both Melbourne and Sydney in the very near future.

Michael Gudinski in consultation with the Victorian Premier John Brumby will be announcing something in the next few days.

It would be wonderful if you could attend either in a group or individual capacity at the event, perhaps a satellite hookup might be possible.

It has been said that other one off shows were possible for the right reasons and I think that this would qualify.

Robert has family links in Australia and as a grateful admirer of the band and each of you it would make myself and all the fans immensely happy and be a massive morale booster for the victims.

After all they, the survivors are the reason for this in the first place.

It is going to take billions of dollars to rebuild the communities and many years for the area to get back to some kind of normality.

Please forgive me for my forwardness, but I am compelled to do something.

Yours Sincerely,

Reggie29.

PS, If there are any forum members who agree please offer up your support.

RW.

Dear Sirs,

As you are no doubt aware of the tragedy that has befallen my countrymen and women in Victoria.

I was wondering if you would be interested in participating in a benefit which is being organised in both Melbourne and Sydney in the very near future.

Michael Gudinski in consultation with the Victorian Premier John Brumby will be announcing something in the next few days.

It would be wonderful if you could attend either in a group or individual capacity at the event, perhaps a satellite hookup might be possible.

It has been said that other one off shows were possible for the right reasons and I think that this would qualify.

Robert has family links in Australia and as a grateful admirer of the band and each of you it would make myself and all the fans immensely happy and be a massive morale booster for the victims.

It is going to take billions of dollars to rebuild the communities and many years for the area to get back to some kind of normality.

Yours Sincerely,

Reggie29.

RW.

Now there's an idea. I just saw some of Jimmy Barnes at a benefit concert on Channel 9. Anyway they didn't reform for tsunamis, earthquakes or terrorism so I doubt they're coming over for something that's just a buzz in the news over there. It'd probably distract everyone from the bushfires and we'd never get anything done

Now there's an idea. I just saw some of Jimmy Barnes at a benefit concert on Channel 9. Anyway they didn't reform for tsunamis, earthquakes or terrorism so I doubt they're coming over for something that's just a buzz in the news over there. It'd probably distract everyone from the bushfires and we'd never get anything done

The bushfires are big news all over. I'm not saying that a one off will happen but the cause is certainly a worthy one. Good luck Reg :beer:

Dear Sirs,

Yours Sincerely,

Reggie29.

RW.

I support it as well, Reg. I wish you the best of luck with the rebuilding process regardless of the success of procuring a one off by Zep. It breaks my heart to see such senseless devastation.

I'll tell you what band would be a great one to contact is AC/DC.

They didn't do Live8 or Live Earth. What makes you think they would do this?

You do not know if you do not ask.

Jimmy's itching to go. just give him a reason.

Remember this:

Good people all around the world are hoping and praying for your family and neighbors.

They didn't do Live8 or Live Earth. What makes you think they would do this?

There have been exceptions like Live Aid and more recently RP & AK (for last years storms in the US), which only goes to show that the boy's hearts are definitely in the right place.

Thank you all for your kind words and support for the survivors of this ghastly disaster which threatens to erupt again this weekend.

We will get through this together thanks to the "firies" and all the military and civilian services on the ground.

Firefighters are enroute from the US, god bless 'em.

They are most welcome.

Regardless of the outcome of this plea my admiration for this band of musicians shall never wane.

"A new world rising from the shambles of the old."

Dear Sirs,

Yours Sincerely,

Reggie29.

RW.

Give it up. Although I have great sympathy for the victims, Australia is a boil on the butt of the earth and this is a pathetic self-serving gesture.

Give it up. Although I have great sympathy for the victims, Australia is a boil on the butt of the earth and this is a pathetic self-serving gesture.

Says you, I can only imagine where you come from.

Have a nice day mate.

Sympathy? Bullshit. You are a bastard if you think this is some pathetic attempt to get them back together.

Actually I am a bastard thank you, as I don't know who my Father is. I was born in Melbourne and have family burned out by this horrible mess. If the government had taken long-overdue actions much of this tragedy would have been prevented. However Australians have elected conservative fuckwits for far too long. If you want to help, donate to the Australian Red Cross:

http://www.redcross.org.au/vic/services_em...appeal-2009.htm

The last thing Australians need is a self serving wanker appealing to Led Zeppelin to bail them out. Get a grip and do something that might actually be useful. As for me I'll be flying back to deal with displaced relations while you post videos of Koalas and pine on for a rock band to play a benefit that will never happen. So piss off you condescending ass.

Archived