An Open Letter To Jimmy, Robert, John Paul & Jason

Reggie29

Actually I am a bastard thank you, as I don't know who my Father is. I was born in Melbourne and have family burned out by this horrible mess. If the government had taken long-overdue actions much of this tragedy would have been prevented. However Australians have elected conservative fuckwits for far too long. If you want to help, donate to the Australian Red Cross:

http://www.redcross.org.au/vic/services_em...appeal-2009.htm

The last thing Australians need is a self serving wanker appealing to Led Zeppelin to bail them out. Get a grip and do something that might actually be useful. As for me I'll be flying back to deal with displaced relations while you post videos of Koalas and pine on for a rock band to play a benefit that will never happen. So piss off you condescending ass.

Why is it not useful for bands to do a benefit concert to raise money. I don't get your really aggressive attitude.

It will take time but I'm sure many musicians will lend a hand in some sort of benefit.

As after the Katrina disaster Bono and the boys along with hundreds of other artists

lent their time and services to the communities.

I will agree about the Red Cross they were a godsend after for months and months and one of my own personal charities.

It's really hard to comprehend unless you've ever lost everything yourself. :(

Actually I am a bastard thank you, as I don't know who my Father is. I was born in Melbourne and have family burned out by this horrible mess. If the government had taken long-overdue actions much of this tragedy would have been prevented. However Australians have elected conservative fuckwits for far too long. If you want to help, donate to the Australian Red Cross:

The last thing Australians need is a self serving wanker appealing to Led Zeppelin to bail them out. Get a grip and do something that might actually be useful. As for me I'll be flying back to deal with displaced relations while you post videos of Koalas and pine on for a rock band to play a benefit that will never happen. So piss off you condescending ass.

The last thing Australians need is a self serving wanker exposing all his passive/aggressive feelings of abandonment rabble babble on a Led Zeppelin forum. The link to Red Cross is a thoughtful gesture though, you should leave it at that without all the editorializing.

Nice thread Reggie, I hear what you're saying and support how you're trying to help your fellow countrymen.

It will take time but I'm sure many musicians will lend a hand in some sort of benefit.

As after the Katrina disaster Bono and the boys along with hundreds of other artists

lent their time and services to the communities.

I will agree about the Red Cross they were a godsend after for months and months and one of my own personal charities.

It's really hard to comprehend unless you've ever lost everything yourself. :(

I think so too.

I really don't care about your personal misfortunes. You are the ass here, take your cute little pissy attitude somewhere else.

If you want to help, donate to the Australian Red Cross:

I hear you (strongly worded and all). I do commiserate with Reggie and victims of this tragic event but benefit concerts are not the answer to each and every national grief. Calling Led Zeppelin to sing for the victims what to console them, to raise money to rebuild their properties? Some of these victims may have their own insurances, some probably don't even care for Led Zeppelin or music at this very momente. Also there are government agencies in Australia who should would act upon it to alleviate the suffering of the victimsi. I do hope the criminal that brought this inferno is brought to justice but this is not Dalfour or Rwanda. I'm sure the likes of Brad Pitt or George Clooney or J Lo will jump at the chance but I'm not gonna drag Led Zep into this. Sorry Reggie I wish you and your people well.

Sir Bob Geldoff look what you've started.... :)

I hear you (strongly worded and all). I do commiserate with Reggie and victims of this tragic event but benefit concerts are not the answer to each and every national grief. Calling Led Zeppelin to sing for the victims what to console them, to raise money to rebuild their properties? Some of these victims may have their own insurances, some probably don't even care for Led Zeppelin or music at this very momente. Also there are government agencies in Australia who should would act upon it to alleviate the suffering of the victimsi. I do hope the criminal that brought this inferno is brought to justice but this is not Dalfour or Rwanda. I'm sure the likes of Brad Pitt or George Clooney or J Lo will jump at the chance but I'm not gonna drag Led Zep into this. Sorry Reggie I wish you and your people well.

I appreciate the thoughtful support. I just got back to the states from the fire zone and it is much worse than I had feared. The international media has left, so it is up to those that remain to sort this out. The government is hopeless. I encourage Australian Red Cross donations as they are actively providing aid.

Not sure they will do this, but wish you best luck, Reggie and your country, you'll go through it.

My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Oz. We know disaster as well here, and are with you in spirit if not in person. Our best to you and yours Reggie.

Didn't RP & AK do a benefit show for the victims of the US storms recently?

So much for that argument.

Purely for support, even if only to encourage people to donate to the Red Cross.

I wrote in the original post, "It would be wonderful if you could attend either in a group or individual capacity at the event, perhaps a satellite hookup might be possible."

Whilst it may have implied performing, I did not say that.

Page Maniac

The reason for the immense fire damage was not the fault of the federal government.

It was the local council whose "green" members banned controlled burning and all other precautionary clearing.

Their logic was to "eliminate the risk" to wildlife and trees caused by the above mentioned precautions.

Well their good intentions guaranteed the obliteration of over 1 million wild and domestic animals, not to mention the 208 deaths and lost properties of the local populations.

One of the fires was deliberate, "allegedly" started by a former volunteer firefighter whilst another was thought to be caused by fallen live power lines due to high winds.

The abuse and ill feeling that ensued was not called for, nor was it necessary.

You either agree or not.

I appreciate the thoughtful support. I just got back to the states from the fire zone and it is much worse than I had feared. The international media has left, so it is up to those that remain to sort this out. The government is hopeless. I encourage Australian Red Cross donations as they are actively providing aid.

Don't mention it. There is a fine line between calling attention to human suffering and making travesty of it. Otherwise celebs will be running to the nearest tire that backfires all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Sirs,

As you are no doubt aware of the tragedy that has befallen my countrymen and women in Victoria.

I was wondering if you would be interested in participating in a benefit which is being organised in both Melbourne and Sydney in the very near future.

Michael Gudinski in consultation with the Victorian Premier John Brumby will be announcing something in the next few days.

It would be wonderful if you could attend either in a group or individual capacity at the event, perhaps a satellite hookup might be possible.

It has been said that other one off shows were possible for the right reasons and I think that this would qualify.

Robert has family links in Australia and as a grateful admirer of the band and each of you it would make myself and all the fans immensely happy and be a massive morale booster for the victims.

After all they, the survivors are the reason for this in the first place.

It is going to take billions of dollars to rebuild the communities and many years for the area to get back to some kind of normality.

Please forgive me for my forwardness, but I am compelled to do something.

Yours Sincerely,

Reggie29.

PS, If there are any forum members who agree please offer up your support.

RW.

Hey-Up Reggie,

As I Lived in your country for 18mths, & thought I would have stayed there, I agree with what you ask for, As if you dont ask, you dont get!! Yes.

However, if we were to call on the Masters that are Led Zeppelin to raise the £££ or the $$$ for what is going on in the REAL WORLD, then they would be on a None-Stop World tour.

The ones that are the People in Office, World Leaders who only think of themselves, the FATCAT'S who make Millions out of Screwing the Tax payers in whatever Country, should really wake up & Smell the Coffee. The poeple who make the desicions for there own good, need to put there hand into the pockets of the Govenrments, stop walking around with Fat Cigars drinking large Brandy's & bail-out the Emergancy Service's & help the people of thier homeland.

I wish you well Reggie, good luck.

All the best,

Hang-man. :ph34r:

Hey-Up Reggie,

As I Lived in your country for 18mths, & thought I would have stayed there, I agree with what you ask for, As if you dont ask, you dont get!! Yes.

However, if we were to call on the Masters that are Led Zeppelin to raise the £££ or the $$$ for what is going on in the REAL WORLD, then they would be on a None-Stop World tour.

The ones that are the People in Office, World Leaders who only think of themselves, the FATCAT'S who make Millions out of Screwing the Tax payers in whatever Country, should really wake up & Smell the Coffee. The poeple who make the desicions for there own good, need to put there hand into the pockets of the Govenrments, stop walking around with Fat Cigars drinking large Brandy's & bail-out the Emergancy Service's & help the people of thier homeland.

I wish you well Reggie, good luck.

All the best,

Hang-man. :ph34r:

:goodpost:

Archived