U2 booked for a week on 'Letterman'

The Pagemeister

I thought the perfomance and the song were terrible. The lyrics were awful. And i agree with what someone else wrote. Bono looks silly dressing like that at his age. Hell, Jim Morrison gave up the leather outfits in his twenties. :D

What YOU think is irrelevant, for obvious reasons. You have no business criticizing ANYONE. Shut the fuck up.

Bono has more class in his shit than you have in your entire body.

Oh...and back to the subject at hand... :lol:

Anyone else get the new CD yet? WOW. It's definitely a new direction for the band, but it's still unmistakably U2. Great album. And the "hit single" is the weakest song on there. It's one of their best.

Oh...and back to the subject at hand... :lol:

Anyone else get the new CD yet? WOW. It's definitely a new direction for the band, but it's still unmistakably U2. Great album. And the "hit single" is the weakest song on there. It's one of their best.

Excellent to hear! I'm going to pick it up this weekend. I've been dying to hear the rest of the album and if the single is the weakest song, I'm even more excited :D Does it have a Moroccan flavor to it (the rest of the album)?

Excellent to hear! I'm going to pick it up this weekend. I've been dying to hear the rest of the album and if the single is the weakest song, I'm even more excited :DDoes it have a Moroccan flavor to it (the rest of the album)?

Well...sort of. Not to the degree of Page/Plant's "Unledded". But the influence is subtly in there. This is a very atmospheric release. Sort of similar to The Unforgettable Fire, but more well structured and powerful. This is definitely another high water mark for U2!

Well...sort of. Not to the degree of Page/Plant's "Unledded". But the influence is subtly in there. This is a very atmospheric release. Sort of similar to The Unforgettable Fire, but more well structured and powerful. This is definitely another high water mark for U2!

Excellent - now I really can't wait to hear it!

I have seen the first three nights so far and they have it for sure!! I picked up the new disc, but haven't made it all the way through just yet. Can't wait for the tour - I agree with others in that their performances give an incredible high lasting for days. :thumbsup:

Bono, and the band as a whole, is certainly an inspiration for those of us who try to make this a better world for everyone - not just ourselves. :)

I have seen the first three nights so far and they have it for sure!! I picked up the new disc, but haven't made it all the way through just yet. Can't wait for the tour - I agree with others in that their performances give an incredible high lasting for days. :thumbsup:

Bono, and the band as a whole, is certainly an inspiration for those of us who try to make this a better world for everyone - not just ourselves. :)

I do have a lot of respect and admiration for Bono's commitment to the causes he's been supporting - I like the fact he really is involved with it beyond raising funds.

AMEN, brother. :thumbsup:

U2 have always been my second favorite band, behind the almighty Zep. Why there are so many U2 bashers is beyond me... :rolleyes:

AMEN, brother. :thumbsup:

U2 have always been my second favorite band, behind the almighty Zep. Why there are so many U2 bashers is beyond me... :rolleyes:

Did you catch Good Morning America? Great version of Beautiful Day...i am so looking forward to their tour!

Any time a band is so popular there will be many haters. But to bash Bono (as a person) when he is such a great humanitarian is purely ignorant. If i were Bono, i would be laying on my private beach on my private island being waited on hand and foot, lol...not working so hard! As it was said on GMA today, U2 are all about "their fans"... that is always evident when they perform.

Did you catch Good Morning America? Great version of Beautiful Day...i am so looking forward to their tour!

Any time a band is so popular there will be many haters. But to bash Bono (as a person) when he is such a great humanitarian is purely ignorant. If i were Bono, i would be laying on my private beach on my private island being waited on hand and foot, lol...not working so hard! As it was said on GMA today, U2 are all about "their fans"... that is always evident when they perform.

I missed the GMA segment as I had to go to work. I don't pay any mind to Bono haters. He's a great musician, great humanitarian and yes, they are a band very much connected to their fans. That's one of the great things about their shows - you really feel a bond with the audience and the rapport they have to him is pretty intense.

I guess I am one of those bashers.

I understand what they are, what Bono means, but they truly BORE me. They are not in my top bands, because they can't compare in talent. And most of their songs sound the same as the last.

I guess I am one of those bashers.

I understand what they are, what Bono means, but they truly BORE me. They are not in my top bands, because they can't compare in talent. And most of their songs sound the same as the last.

:o Kinda like Aerosmith Huh! ;)

I missed the GMA segment as I had to go to work. I don't pay any mind to Bono haters. He's a great musician, great humanitarian and yes, they are a band very much connected to their fans. That's one of the great things about their shows - you really feel a bond with the audience and the rapport they have to him is pretty intense.

The bond between these four men who have been together since their teens is also wonderful. Close to 30 years, 22 Grammy's and 145 million records sold (and counting)... U2 are ONE!

u2-100.jpg

16568213-16568215-large.jpg

u2.jpg

Personally I've always liked Aerosmith and I used to think U2 sucked, some bands are an aquired taste for me and I think the one that hooked me was when they performed

"Sunday bloody Sunday" at Red Rocks.

:huh: Does size really matter? ;):D

Personally I've always liked Aerosmith and I used to think U2 sucked, some bands are an aquired taste for me and I think the one that hooked me was when they performed

"Sunday bloody Sunday" at Red Rocks.

:huh: Does size really matter? ;):D

It helps. :D

Maybe I should give them another try.

Bono has a ten-er? wow. I would've never known.....by looking. :o

Archived