dammit Robert. You got the Grammys....

LedZeppagain

....now give the World what we need! One more Led Zeppelin tour!!!!! I mean the honeydrippers, Alison Krauss...cmon man. I waited 17 years to see Van Halen come back as close to original form as possible, and Id give that back in a heartbeat to witness Zeppelin with my Son. PLEASE!!! Ive heard about some of the possible "replacements", and they all sukk. Not even worth it. Please guys. Im begging you. ONE MORE TOUR. We in the U.S. are in a recession, and Id pay whatever ridiculous amount of money it would cost to see the masters at work. Pretty please. I hate modern rock. I need you. Humanity needs you. After that. you can go back and clap your lilhands with Alison Krauss all you want. Great music with her by the way, but nothing can compare with the greatest band of all time. Thanks.For everything.

....now give the World what we need! One more Led Zeppelin tour!!!!! I mean the honeydrippers, Alison Krauss...cmon man. I waited 17 years to see Van Halen come back as close to original form as possible, and Id give that back in a heartbeat to witness Zeppelin with my Son. PLEASE!!! Ive heard about some of the possible "replacements", and they all sukk. Not even worth it. Please guys. Im begging you. ONE MORE TOUR. We in the U.S. are in a recession, and Id pay whatever ridiculous amount of money it would cost to see the masters at work. Pretty please. I hate modern rock. I need you. Humanity needs you. After that. you can go back and clap your lilhands with Alison Krauss all you want. Great music with her by the way, but nothing can compare with the greatest band of all time. Thanks.For everything.

No way it's gonna end. We shall wait until he gets curious again about "What happened to the children of the Sun". Nice story, btw. :)

This part was good! :)

*sigh* Welcome to the board and whattnot but try and cruise around and read some posts and get the feel for the joint before you post things like this. I suggest this to you mainly because you are 1,987,342nd person to say this.

Nice guilt trip by the way but somehow I don't think it will work.

:baby:

Why are people so caught up in them touring again?? like who cares? really!! I'd much rather continue collecting bootlegs of the band when they were a band, then have them try and reproduce something they did thirty years ago without one of the original member.Plant is no longer into it....good for him...who cares? bring on another 1973 German bootleg or some more 1969 silent film footage....I'll take that any day of the week over three members forcing false interest.

plant has always done well on his own and continues to do well with alison....leave it at that.

cheers

you waited 17 years for Van Halen?

:beer: come on guys , what is the matter with some of you ?

stop having a dig at someone just for wanting to see their all-time favs.

It is NOT emotional blackmail, nor is it laying a guilt trip. Get a clue.

For various reasons, you can not get a more ardent fan of Robert than me - and I will always support him in whichever direction he goes, BUT I WILL NOT REST IN PEACE UNTIL I SEE THE WORDS "LED ZEPPELIN" ON A TICKET STUB AGAIN.

:beer: come on guys , what is the matter with some of you ?stop having a dig at someone just for wanting to see their all-time favs.

It is NOT emotional blackmail, nor is it laying a guilt trip. Get a clue.

For various reasons, you can not get a more ardent fan of Robert than me - and I will always support him in whichever direction he goes, BUT I WILL NOT REST IN PEACE UNTIL I SEE THE WORDS "LED ZEPPELIN" ON A TICKET STUB AGAIN.

Welcome!

I guess it's mainly about people being in different stages in their grieving process', and there are also many threads about your topic on this forum, so starting new ones may be unnecessary.

Welcome!

I guess it's mainly about people being in different stages in their grieving process', and there are also many threads about your topic on this forum, so starting new ones may be unnecessary.

:beer: thanks, and welcome yourself. :wave:

I got over grieving in the mid 80s, BTW - but not completely, it does surface now and then.

And thats a good thing, IMO - I hope I will always be able to grieve (now and again) for the loss of Zeppelin, or if not, I know I am finished for sure.

I'd love to see Zep again too, but . . oh hell, I've said it 12,376,872 times too!

So I'll just say that I don't quite see how reuniting with JP and co. is some sort of trade-off for getting the Grammies. Alison got them too, does she have to join Zeppelin now? :D (RHETORICAL QUESTION, DO NOT ANSWER, DO NOT REFER TO HER AS YOKO, DO NOT PASS GO, etc.)

:beer: thanks, and welcome yourself. :wave:

I got over grieving in the mid 80s, BTW - but not completely, it does surface now and then.

And thats a good thing, IMO - I hope I will always be able to grieve (now and again) for the loss of Zeppelin, or if not, I know I am finished for sure.

Lol, I wasn't paying much attention and thought I was answering to LedZeppagain! Drinking just tea now... :D

wow. I honestly didnt think my post would get this much attention. Anyways, sorry If Im repeating thoughts that have been expressed thousands of times. I just found this board about 2 weeks ago, and checked it once. When I did, all I really saw was one thread about possible Robert Plant replacements after throwing up in my a little bit, I couldnt return until my Son had us watch old Zeppelin footage as well as the last couple of shows they did. We were both impressed beyond belief, and I pray for the day that him and I are blessed to see them live. It wasnt until after I posted this that I saw the thread explaining that the tour was cancelled. Its probobly better that way If Plant isnt involved. All the other singers pale in comparison, whether called Led Zeppelin or any other name.I personally feel that since Bonzo cant be there, his Son would be an honorable sit-in. Im a 33 year old single father who was a HUGE fan of Van Halen when they broke up, and waited all those years to see them,and it was worth the wait to see it with my boy. It was even cooler to see Wolfgang playing with his Dad. Not to compare VH with Zepp, but you get the point. The chance to see a guitar God with the original line-up is something I dont take lightly. Seeing Zeppelin, showing me and my Son how it should be done would be epic. Again, forgive my lack of knowledge of previous discussions. It was late and I was tired. But I meant what I said. I love Zeppelin and nothing could top seeing them live. Peace.

wow. I honestly didnt think my post would get this much attention. Anyways, sorry If Im repeating thoughts that have been expressed thousands of times. I just found this board about 2 weeks ago, and checked it once. When I did, all I really saw was one thread about possible Robert Plant replacements and honestly, I couldnt return until my Son had us watch old Zeppelin footage as well as the last couple of shows they did. We were both impressed beyond belief, and I pray for the day that him and I are blessed to see them live. It wasnt until after I posted this that I saw the thread explaining that the tour was cancelled. Its probobly better that way If Plant isnt involved. All the other singers pale in comparison, whether called Led Zeppelin or any other name.I personally feel that since Bonzo cant be there, his Son would be an honorable sit-in. Im a 33 year old single father who was a HUGE fan of Van Halen when they broke up, and waited all those years to see them,and it was worth the wait to see it with my boy. It was even cooler to see Wolfgang playing with his Dad. Not to compare VH with Zepp, but you get the point. The chance to see a guitar God with the original line-up is something I dont take lightly. Seeing Zeppelin, and showing me and my Son how it should be done would be epic. Again, forgive my lack of knowledge of previous discussions. It was late and I was tired. But I meant what I said. I love Zeppelin and nothing could top seeing them live. Peace.

Welcome to the Forum!

There is a wealth of info in the main forum, news, and newbie threads. Lots of neat videos, book recommendations, audio clips, etc. Take some time and go back through them. You will learn a lot. The people here are more than willing to collaborate with their immense knowledge of Led Zeppelin. That is how I learned about the band.

Just a little tip: The cardinal rule is "don't bash any members of the band". :lol:

Looking forward to your contributions to the forum.

Archived