Robert and Alison Interview on CNN

bigzepfan

Totally, completely, utterly new around here....and I normally wouldn't post a durned thing till I'd read back, forward, up, down...so I could post without sounding like a newbie, but....

Did anyone else catch that almost lost bit about them writing together? Oh my, I am a happy rose today :P

That was my point--that given the things they got up to, as jokes, it wasn't surprising they didn't win industry awards. Overall point being, he understood the question.

I wanted to see, Robert, if you know some of the Grammy committee or Grammy voters took a look at some of your past Grammy wins and noticed obviously a little vacancy. Do you think that they'd be making up for the fact that maybe your past work with Zeppelin did not get acknowledged? -Darrin Davis

The answer to that question is no.

So, maybe he was just offering background so the interviewer could better understand what happened with Zeppelin.

I can hear Darrin Davis pretty well. Alright there were a few quiet laughs over Robert Plant's subtle dramatic coathook moment indicating that he did not appreciate the question, followed by his predictable venting about the material on the radio. Allison Krauss is admirably patient and diplomatic throughout the ceremony.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Totally, completely, utterly new around here....and I normally wouldn't post a durned thing till I'd read back, forward, up, down...so I could post without sounding like a newbie, but....

Did anyone else catch that almost lost bit about them writing together? Oh my, I am a happy rose today :P

During that interview? I didn't hear anything about them writing together. I know Robert had mentioned in the past it would be interesting to see if they all could but I don't know if that materialised or not.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

During that interview? I didn't hear anything about them writing together. I know Robert had mentioned in the past it would be interesting to see if they all could but I don't know if that materialised or not.

Don't like CNN video - no time stamps to reference :slapface: , so I'll transcribe what I can hear....

Close to the end, and the last question call comes in the middle of the question and Robert's answer, btw.

Q "Are you writing together?" (With last question call almost drowning said question out)

Robert's Answer "Yeah, we've started to write; we're still going to pretend we come from Memphis."

Don't like CNN video - no time stamps to reference :slapface: , so I'll transcribe what I can hear....

Close to the end, and the last question call comes in the middle of the question and Robert's answer, btw.

Q "Are you writing together?" (With last question call almost drowning said question out)

Robert's Answer "Yeah, we've started to write; we're still going to pretend we come from Memphis."

Here's the CNN Interview so you can listen when it's available again.

The answer to that question is no.

So, maybe he was just offering background so the interviewer could better understand what happened with Zeppelin.

Yes, exactly.

I just listened again and our new member is correct, Robert was asked if they were writing together and said yes, they'd started writing together (without specifying who "they" was)--that is indeed excellent news! :)

That's great news!!! Thanks for clarifying :D

Archived