Background chatter/noises

LZFord

Okay there are some obvious ones like on "Black Country Woman" and the end of "Boogie with Stu" and the counting before the "Immigrant Song" but I found another one at 1:45 of "You Shook Me" you can hear someone laughing in the background.

What have you found?

How about in Babe I'm Gonna Leave you, about a couple of minutes into the song and you here what sounds like a baby crying? It's right before the line "I can here you calling me the way you used to do".

I've never noticed that before :o I'll have to take a listen now :D

I heard it i don't think any of the band members had children at the time though, wolfman, do you know at what time the snorts are in for your life? It's a 6 minute song and honestly It's never been my favorite song on Presence.

EDIT: found another one listen from about 0:31 to 0:37 in Living Loving Maid, kinda sounds like tires screeching in the background I wonder if that was an added effect since "She's runnin' 'round town in her aged Cadillac"

How about in Babe I'm Gonna Leave you, about a couple of minutes into the song and you here what sounds like a baby crying? It's right before the line "I can here you calling me the way you used to do".

It sounds like cross-talk to me.

RB

I read that the tape they used to record the first disc could not be completely erased, so some things bled through. You can hear background noise during other songs from Led Zep I as well.

I heard it i don't think any of the band members had children at the time though, wolfman, do you know at what time the snorts are in for your life? It's a 6 minute song and honestly It's never been my favorite song on Presence.

EDIT: found another one listen from about 0:31 to 0:37 in Living Loving Maid, kinda sounds like tires screeching in the background I wonder if that was an added effect since "She's runnin' 'round town in her aged Cadillac"

I'll take a listen tonight but to be honest, listen to it with headphones. Zeppelin's music sounds best on headphones since you can hear all the separate layers.

Okay there are some obvious ones like on "Black Country Woman" and the end of "Boogie with Stu" and the counting before the "Immigrant Song" but I found another one at 1:45 of "You Shook Me" you can hear someone laughing in the background.

What have you found?

Other than the Infrequently Murmured List (so far the best Zeppelin encyclopedia available) ... after "The Ocean" phone-type sound, you can fainly hear someone say "f---" and maybe 5 seconds later, "keep it." Maybe the band had a good groove going and wanted to play through the infamous phone sound.

Just before the last of the two final plays of the main riff to close "Royal Orleans," it faintly sounds like Plant saying, "I seen you!" as a funny dig at Jonesy?

At the very end of "Sick Again" a faint cough is heard (maybe same person--Bonzo?--as in IMTOD?).

I read that the tape they used to record the first disc could not be completely erased, so some things bled through. You can hear background noise during other songs from Led Zep I as well.

Never heard that before, but might make sense of a lot of this. Who knows?

Never heard that before, but might make sense of a lot of this. Who knows?

I'll try to find where I read it tonight. I think it was actually in the Peter Grant book that I read over the summer. Again, I'll try to find it again tonight.

Whole Lotta Love has the most vocal bleed through. So much in fact JP and Eddie Kramer added reverb to it to make it sound as though it was supposed to be there.

I must have a really lousy system or my hearing is shot. I hear none or almost none of what you've mentioned above :blink:

A lot of times I don't hear that stuff as I am doing other stuff while listening to Zep. If you just sat or lay down, with or without out headphones, you would hear this stuff...unless like you said, your hearing is shot :D

I find that when I listen intently, without distractions, I remember the lyrics to the songs.

Edited for spelling...as usual

A lot of times I don't hear that stuff as I am doing other stuff while listening to Zep. If you just sat or lay down, with or without out headphones, you would hear this stuff...unless like you said, your hearing is shot :D

I find that when I listen intently, without distractions, I remember the lyrics to the songs.

Edited for spelling...as usual

I shall have to try that :D

Archived