The "Wonder Band"

Bitcruncher

Ebay currently has an auction that I am interested in. It closes soon and I am wondering about the authenticity of the auction contents.

The auction is for a copy of the album "Stairway To Love" by The Wonder Band. What is compelling about this auction is that the cover appears to be signed by each of the original LZ members, thus dating the signing to before Bonhams death.

I don't believe the auction is particularly well researched, eg the seller believes this is a LZ album.

But I am curious, is it plausible that the 4 members of LZ would sign another bands album, albeit a band that is recording their music. Also recorded on Atlantic, so possibility of them at least being aware of each other exists.

The EBAY auction is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:X:AAQ:US:1123

Thanks

Don

Thats pretty well where I was at. I've asked the seller to post the COA. Only way I could see LZ signing this was if Wonder Band were in studio at same time and asked the band to do it. In which case this would be a real rarity.

The seller also has a Rolling Stones signed by all 4 Stones "in Silver metallic marker" ... well the Silver metallic markers didn't come in until after 2000, and he claims the signatures to include Bill Wyman who finished with the group in 1991 ... and also Ronnie Wood,k who replaced Wyman, but not Keith Richards who part from the odd attempt to play soccer with a coconut has been with the Stones forever ...

I think this EBAY seller is selling fakes.

It's a disco rendering of something or other (details are vague). Stairway To Love is so rare that nobody has ever heard of it! The seller claims to have 100% feedback, but only displays 95.5% at the top of the page. If he misrepresents this, what else lurks within? As for the authenticity of the autographs, I'd leave that to experts to decide: forgeries can be lucrative.

RB

Thats pretty well where I was at. I've asked the seller to post the COA. Only way I could see LZ signing this was if Wonder Band were in studio at same time and asked the band to do it. In which case this would be a real rarity.

The seller also has a Rolling Stones signed by all 4 Stones "in Silver metallic marker" ... well the Silver metallic markers didn't come in until after 2000, and he claims the signatures to include Bill Wyman who finished with the group in 1991 ... and also Ronnie Wood,k who replaced Wyman, but not Keith Richards who part from the odd attempt to play soccer with a coconut has been with the Stones forever ...

I think this EBAY seller is selling fakes.

Sounds to me like you've looked into things, you really have to do that in order to figure out fakes. If you do your homework, you can usually debunk a lot of ebay sellers.

Sounds to me like you've looked into things, you really have to do that in order to figure out fakes. If you do your homework, you can usually debunk a lot of ebay sellers.

Thanks for the responses. To my surprise both albums sold for over a $100 I think US$. I cannot see either of them being genuine which is unfortunate for the buyers but they should do homework rather than leap into it. There is I guess a chance with the LZ one, but I cannot see the Stones one as genuine at all.

btw -- Stairway to Love doesn't seem that rare, there are several on ebay and I found many more for sale on other auction sites.

Cheers

Don

No problem, glad to help out! There will be more signatures to come around, I've seen someo on ebay that I would say were real. Like I saw a signed copy of LZ 2, and the marker had faded and the signatures matched what the other ones were that I'd seen.

Archived