Robert Plant Ignites His Own Fireworks

SteveAJones

My bad,my bad^

Thanks for posting this Mr Jones.In another thread I commented on Plant's Non Stop Go tour,supporting Now and Zen, how Plant yanked the mic from the stand and then slung the stand far behind him,like it was impeding the business at hand.Fabulous show.

If memory serves,Cheap Trick opened.

The encore of Communication Breakdown had Plant onstage sporting a guitar,doing the opening riff.Totally caught by suprise on that.

My bad,my bad^

Thanks for posting this Mr Jones.In another thread I commented on Plant's Non Stop Go tour,supporting Now and Zen, how Plant yanked the mic from the stand and then slung the stand far behind him,like it was impeding the business at hand.Fabulous show.

If memory serves,Cheap Trick opened.

The encore of Communication Breakdown had Plant onstage sporting a guitar,doing the opening riff.Totally caught by suprise on that.

I loved the 88 tour. Saw many shows along the way. Cheap Trick did indeed open for some of it. I don't remember Robert sporting a guitar on Communication Breakdown. Hmmm....I'll have to see if any of my dvds show it.

Glad to know that Plant and Company tore through Ship of Fools, a John Lee Hooker song that included a snatch of Heartbreaker. I would guess that the listener also heard Dimples in there http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1DlfRYK8eE.

Thanks for the links EL. Too bad the only original by JLH is a poor audio version. Always loved Robert's version. Seeing him do this in '88 was a great thrill with all the Zep bits thrown in with Heartbreaker and Dazed. I remember the crowd going nuts with this stuff.

It's too bad there isn't a lot of video clips Robert's solo concerts pre SS on YouTube. Hopefully, that will change. I would like to see a lot of this stuff.

Thanks for the links EL. Too bad the only original by JLH is a poor audio version. Always loved Robert's version. Seeing him do this in '88 was a great thrill with all the Zep bits thrown in with Heartbreaker and Dazed. I remember the crowd going nuts with this stuff.

I liked his version too and thought it was great to have him add it to the set list.

It's too bad there isn't a lot of video clips Robert's solo concerts pre SS on YouTube. Hopefully, that will change. I would like to see a lot of this stuff.

You're welcome, SuperDave. Here's a better audio for Dimples by John Lee Hooker. I don't remember if John Lee Hooker sang Dimples when I saw him or not, but I do recall him singing Crawling Kingsnake.

Steve,

I received your PM. How do you wish I respond to it, since your replies are turned off?

I was at this gig. It was my 2nd time seeing Plant and as I recall the first time seeing him playing Zep tunes. Great show, me and some friends went up to Red Rocks the night before to get a good spot in line. This is back in the day when Red Rocks was mostly, if not all, general admission. The bouncers would let us in around 11 am and it was a free for all to get a seat. If you were not in shape you would not make it. It is right in the foothills and the run was all uphill. We ended up getting within the first 10 rows or so. We partied all day long while they cranked music....Good times...Red Rocks is one of the greatest places on the planet to see a concert, I highly recommend it!

I was at this gig. It was my 2nd time seeing Plant and as I recall the first time seeing him playing Zep tunes. Great show, me and some friends went up to Red Rocks the night before to get a good spot in line. This is back in the day when Red Rocks was mostly, if not all, general admission. The bouncers would let us in around 11 am and it was a free for all to get a seat. If you were not in shape you would not make it. It is right in the foothills and the run was all uphill. We ended up getting within the first 10 rows or so. We partied all day long while they cranked music....Good times...Red Rocks is one of the greatest places on the planet to see a concert, I highly recommend it!

I have heard that about Red Rocks as well as having seen photos. Looks like a really beautiful place to be!

The writer refers to a "Talkin bout Love" in the set list. Naturally that had me wondering if he meant Trampled Underfoot. Did he?

edit: oh.. maybe he means "Eyes on you".. but that is from the next Plant LP, Manic N.

The writer refers to a "Talkin bout Love" in the set list. Naturally that had me wondering if he meant Trampled Underfoot. Did he?

edit: oh.. maybe he means "Eyes on you".. but that is from the next Plant LP, Manic N.

I saw Robert on his 1988 tour, also called the Non-Stop Go Tour and he did play Trampled Underfoot, at least on the first leg of the U.S. tour. I'm sure this is what the writer meant. He should have done his research first, before sending his piece to print. It wouldn't have taken long or much effort.

I saw Robert on his 1988 tour, also called the Non-Stop Go Tour and he did play Trampled Underfoot, at least on the first leg of the U.S. tour. I'm sure this is what the writer meant. He should have done his research first, before sending his piece to print. It wouldn't have taken long or much effort.

Yes he did. Don't think it was done on the 2nd leg and most definitely Hurting Kind didn't surface until the 1990 tour.

Archived