What will the "new song" be?

In The Light

JPJ and Robert have always longed to do this song live. They were restricted with technology in the old days. This would be the perfect time....

Other possibilities...

Tea For One - Robert and Jimmie did it in Japan in the late 90's...

Fool In The Rain - Robert performed it with Pearl Jam once. Said it was the only time he ever had...

I'm Gonna Crawl

Have they ever done "Out on the Tiles" live? That would be my hope...dream...wish... and then please make a dvd for those of us who didn't get drawn in the ballot..............

Out on The Tiles was never performed live with lyrics (edit: after 1970), although the opening riffs were often used as an intro for Moby Dick throughout the '77 tour.

I agree that it's "In the Light", Page described the new unplayed song as "pretty intense" - which could be any of them - I would love to hear it. I only hope Jason Bonham uses a kit closer to his dad's sound. At the Atlantic concert his DW set sounded like every other drummer and didn't do justice to the Ludwig sweetness.

it was on the blueberry hill boot

It was played several times in 1970

Levee was played 3 times in 1975 to begin that tour. Twice in Chicago and in the warm up in Brussels.

Here's a list of songs never played live by Zeppelin

Zeppelin I

Your Time is Gonna Come is the only one.

Good Times was rarely played but usually as a medley with Communication Breakdown.

Zeppelin II

Livin Loving Maid

Full version of Ramble On. Ramble On has been played by Robert Plant and it was played with Page and Plant in the 90s. Never a full version by Zeppelin though just parts of it.

Zeppelin III

Hats off to Roy Harper is the only one.

Friends was only played one time that I know of. Rumor is that they had to add a song because Bonham fainted back stage after drinking. This was in Japan in 71.

Every song off IV was played live

Four Sticks was only played a couple of times.

HOH

D'yer M'Aker is really the only one.

The Crunge was played live in WLL medley's in 75 several times. Basically in a full capacity. Sometimes it left off a verse or a line or two.

PG

The Rover was never played in full. There is one from a rehearsal in the 70's(I want to say 73 but it could be 75)

Custard Pie was played by Plant sometimes in his solo tours. Never played by Zeppelin.

Houses of the Holy was never played live by Zeppelin

In The Light was never played live because the instrument JPJ used was so fragile they couldn't tour with it.

Down by the Seaside, Night Flight, and Boogie with Stu

Black Country was never really played in full.

Presence

It's easier to say the ones that were played live by Zepp

Nobody's Fault but Mine

Achilles Last Stand

Rest of the album wasn't played live.

Again it's easier to say the songs that were played live

In the Evening

Hot Dog

All My Love

Coda again like the last two only the songs that were played live.

We're Gonna Grove

I Can't Quit You Babe

White Summer/Black Mountain Side(depending on which version you got)

Perhaps they will please us all by playing a 4 hour marathon, including many of the songs anticapted here. There should be some interesting medleys to say the least. I only wish I were able to attend. If all goes well but no tour comes to light, I hope the band sees fit to share the entire performance with the rest of us in a nice DVD package...with all the extra trimmings.

Cheers Lads.

Here's a list of songs never played live by Zeppelin

Zeppelin I

Your Time is Gonna Come is the only one.

Black Country was never really played in full.

Your Time is Gonna Come was played in the WLL medley on the, 09/24/71 Tokyo show. Not completely done but was played.

They played a complete version of Black Country Woman on the, 06/19/72 Seattle show. Only known complete version.

Your Time is Gonna Come was played in the WLL medley on the, 09/24/71 Tokyo show. Not completely done but was played.

They played a complete version of Black Country Woman on the, 06/19/72 Seattle show. Only known complete version.

I've also heard rumors that they played YTIGC in the very first tour but since there's no setlists or boots from that tour there's no way to know for sure.

My guess is Levee or Ramble On. As far as I'm aware neither were ever played live. And Levee at least is fairly 'intense'.

Edit: Duh, didn't read the post above, sorry. Looks like it is For Your Life.

Levee was rehearsed for the '75 tour and according to Dave Lewis: Complete Guide, it was tried out at Rotterdam and Brussels warm up dates.

In The Light

JPJ and Robert have always longed to do this song live. They were restricted with technology in the old days. This would be the perfect time....

Other possibilities...

Tea For One - Robert and Jimmie did it in Japan in the late 90's...

Fool In The Rain - Robert performed it with Pearl Jam once. Said it was the only time he ever had...

I'm Gonna Crawl

According to JP in Guitar World magazine it will be For Your Life

Archived