What will the "new song" be?

I agree that it's "In the Light", Page described the new unplayed song as "pretty intense" - which could be any of them - I would love to hear it. I only hope Jason Bonham uses a kit closer to his dad's sound. At the Atlantic concert his DW set sounded like every other drummer and didn't do justice to the Ludwig sweetness.

You'll find a visual answer to your drumkit question here after scrolling about halfway down the page:

http://www.rosshalfin.co.uk/diary/november...vember-2007.php

Looking good! :)

My guess is Levee or Ramble On. As far as I'm aware neither were ever played live. And Levee at least is fairly 'intense'.

Edit: Duh, didn't read the post above, sorry. Looks like it is For Your Life.

Ramble On was played in the Whole Lotta Love Medley from the Montreux show on 1971.08.07. Not a complete version of it though. Also, played in the How Many More Times medley in Memphis on 1970.04.17.

Not besides the actual recording of it, from what i know. That would be tricky for jason to play.

I expect that's applicable to more than just Travelling Riverside Blues!

I do hope they knock out all the classics, but obviously Robert Plant's voice is no longer the wailing falsetto of his 70's heyday. Perhaps they would be better off playing some of the later Physical Graffiti/Presence era tunes. Watching the footage of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction, you can hear Plant suggesting to Page that they perform Night Flight, before the eventually go on to do Bring It On Home....

I agree that it's "In the Light", Page described the new unplayed song as "pretty intense" - which could be any of them - I would love to hear it. I only hope Jason Bonham uses a kit closer to his dad's sound. At the Atlantic concert his DW set sounded like every other drummer and didn't do justice to the Ludwig sweetness.

Jason is now a Ludwig endorser!! :) There was an ad in Modern Drummer magazine with a pic of his dad's set, Jaosn, and Jason's set (a clear Ludwig vistalite). The caption read: The drums.... remain the same!!!

personally, I think that kicks ass. (I hate DWs)

Jason is now a Ludwig endorser!! :) There was an ad in Modern Drummer magazine with a pic of his dad's set, Jaosn, and Jason's set (a clear Ludwig vistalite). The caption read: The drums.... remain the same!!!

personally, I think that kicks ass. (I hate DWs)

MMMMmmm....it seems things are looking up. Jason Bonham on a Ludwig.....what about the kettle drums and the gong? Single kick pedal? Maybe too much to ask for.

In the video clip of Page talking about one song that they've never played before, he says something about "you can't start counting from the beginning to the end"....which makes me think of Carouselambra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Vew-YcMZo...ewsitemID=85343

thanks for the post...

I am not 100% sure it is For Your Life... I'm pretty sure that could have been taken out of context... I bet they are running through alot of the unplayed classics and For Your Life is the one that he mentioned...

They have also mentioned Night Flight, In the Light, Houses of the Holy...

This is all just speculation anyway...

For what it's worth, I really hope it's In The Light

Archived