Second Album started on Feb. 13

Vega

The Grammys were over by February 13.

I'm not sure where the confusion is. The article was written prior to the Grammy's in which Robert was talking about GOING to Los Angeles. The second album was discussed after the Grammy's. Really two different topics happening here.

The second album has nothing to do with Los Angeles.

Again, you are either trying to cause an argument or miss the point. The article talked about Los Angeles which was prior to the Grammys. No one's saying anything about the second album and Los Angeles.

The article talked about Los Angeles which was prior to the Grammys. No one's saying anything about the second album and Los Angeles.

I don't see what that article has to do with the second album, other than a vague reference to the Mississippi Delta and the Clinch Mountains.

But they do mention the second album in the following article.

CNN: Your collaboration has worked out so well that you're back in the studio in Nashville, working on a second album together.

Plant: We'd like to keep it going.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/...ef=mpstoryemail

I don't see what that article has to do with the second album, other than a vague reference to the Mississippi Delta and the Clinch Mountains.

But they do mention the second album in the following article.

no news on the new album on robert and alison's site or www.robertplant.com just yet. With Grammy and Feb. 13 issue above, Eternal Light. I just thought it was interesting that Robert was saying about "being musically" somewhere at about the time they got to recording the new album, so it was the simple statement of the fact that, yes, they seem to "keep it going", and of one of his great "plantations". Of course, it referred to being at Grammys, and only time will tell what the new record will be like, until then all we can do is discuss and assume. :)

Since we're talking about the new album, I just read this.

When Tandem reached him recently, he’d just been in the studio working on the second album by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, the superstar duo who triumphed at the recent Grammys. “It was nice to get a chance to do that, and to work with my friend T-Bone Burnett again,” says Linden. Burnett is the record producer behind the phenomenally successful O Brother Where Art Thou? soundtrack, one that Linden was involved in.

It's about the Canadian guitarist Colin Linden, you can read the whole article HERE

no news on the new album on robert and alison's site or www.robertplant.com just yet. With Grammy and Feb. 13 issue above, Eternal Light. I just thought it was interesting that Robert was saying about "being musically" somewhere at about the time they got to recording the new album, so it was the simple statement of the fact that, yes, they seem to "keep it going", and of one of his great "plantations". Of course, it referred to being at Grammys, and only time will tell what the new record will be like, until then all we can do is discuss and assume. :)

It will be the kind of music that comes from Nashville with some variations. And if they can't think of anything else to do, perhaps they will try to exhaust the Everly Brothers catalogue. There is a whole new generation who has not heard many of those songs and they will all be thrilled. Of course I have already heard them so it is much harder to impress me.

Now that they have begun recording their second album, is Buddy Miller playing on it as well? If, so then there could be a delay due to his recent heart attack. He is said to be recovering after surgery. He was recently touring with Emmy Lou Harris and Kathy Griffin.

More info can be found here: http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?showtopic=9953

Now that they have begun recording their second album, is Buddy Miller playing on it as well? If, so then there could be a delay due to his recent heart attack. He is said to be recovering after surgery. He was recently touring with Emmy Lou Harris and Kathy Griffin.

More info can be found here: http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?showtopic=9953

I don't know if he was playing on the second record or not given the fact he was going on tour. I hope he will but more importantly I hope he recovers soon and feels better.

I'm not amused.

I mentioned Who's on first because way the conversation seemed to be going, no insult intended. I like you both and enjoy reading your posts. :)

:hysterical::hysterical:

I like them both too, and humor is good for the soul. :D

I'm glad to hear Robert is hanging somewhere out in them thar hills. And I for one would welcome him to settle for a spell in Appalachia. If you really want a sense of the music that had it's roots there, you have to spend time there. (IMHO) Spending time in the really rural parts of those hills you get a true sense of the way people lived. Most very isolated, the main entertainment being...playing music. And singing songs about life as they knew it. When you've been isolated and yet you have an instrument, you'd be surprised what can come out of you. :)

I just watched a PBS show that featured in part Jakob Dylan, and he was talking about working with T-Bone, and how great it was. And rick rubin...but oops... :run:

I know...that has nothing to do with it! :yes2:

xx

...when Robert and Alison were on the Charlie Rose show last year, did not Robert describe himself as a Celt?

Juliet :wave:

Juliet, that's interesting. I once thought he is Welsh, and was corrected by Mangani :) but if Robert says he is a Celt... you kind of believe him. :D

:hysterical::hysterical:

I like them both too, and humor is good for the soul. :D

I'm glad to hear Robert is hanging somewhere out in them thar hills. And I for one would welcome him to settle for a spell in Appalachia. If you really want a sense of the music that had it's roots there, you have to spend time there. (IMHO) Spending time in the really rural parts of those hills you get a true sense of the way people lived. Most very isolated, the main entertainment being...playing music. And singing songs about life as they knew it. When you've been isolated and yet you have an instrument, you'd be surprised what can come out of you. :)

I just watched a PBS show that featured in part Jakob Dylan, and he was talking about working with T-Bone, and how great it was. And rick rubin...but oops... :run:

I know...that has nothing to do with it! :yes2:

xx

I would imagine Robert has done a lot of exploring in the Appalachia region. I'd like to go there myself some day and see what that area is like. I love the music and would be fascinating to get an idea of what life is like there and how things came to be.

Jakob Dylan - dang I missed that last night!

Archived