Second Album started on Feb. 13

Vega

An interesting analysis of Robert and Alison's cover of "Battle of Evermore" they did in June last year at Merriweather Post Pavilion: Lefsetz Letter

author's "sexual innuendos" aside, I am curious what that album of Led Zep covers by Robert and Alison could be like.... :coffee:

I don't see that happening (nor would I think it a good idea IMO) but I'd imagine how they covered the Zep tunes live would be similar to what they'd do.

I don't see that happening (nor would I think it a good idea IMO) but I'd imagine how they covered the Zep tunes live would be similar to what they'd do.

Still, the release of their most "fiery" live performances could be not such a bad ideat at all... to revoke that magic that so many people here claim to witness during the shows... some kind of "Raising Sand Live". Though personally I don't see this happening either, with all of them "done moved on" to their new agendas. B)

Still, the release of their most "fiery" live performances could be not such a bad ideat at all... to revoke that magic that so many people here claim to witness during the shows... some kind of "Raising Sand Live". Though personally I don't see this happening either, with all of them "done moved on" to their new agendas. B)

Oh I think an official live album would have been great but not just of the Zep tunes :)

I'm betting it was Robert's idea to include it--he's often talked about that album. (And of course he was Sandy's friend.) That song in its era was one of the early classics of folk rock, as the whole second half was the electric guitar solo.

I'm betting it was Robert's idea to include it--he's often talked about that album. (And of course he was Sandy's friend.) That song in its era was one of the early classics of folk rock, as the whole second half was the electric guitar solo.

When I bought that album in the 70's and listened to the whole thing,The Battle of Evermore was instantly my favorite.I will still listen to it to this day and get goosebumps!

So I guess no word on why the project wasn't coninued. I thought they had returned to the studio to begin recording the followup to RS and a small tour later in the year? Does this have anything to do with Buddy Miller's recent medical problems?

Good point! as RP has "leaned" on JP for every "bit" of success he ever had as a solo artist. At one time I admired RP. Not any more. I dont buy his personal public relations for a long time now. Robert Plant hasnt produced one ounce of music by himself that could be compared with the power or talent of Led Zeppelins even though on several occasions in the press he claimed he would and or could. This "new" project" with A/C is nothing more than a new version of the Honey Drippers...Lots of press, cute, novel and more than likely forgotten in a decade or less, as the Honey Drippers were.

Zero88

Maybe Robert will lean on his pal Jimmy Page once again to win Record of the Year!!

So I guess no word on why the project wasn't coninued. I thought they had returned to the studio to begin recording the followup to RS and a small tour later in the year? Does this have anything to do with Buddy Miller's recent medical problems?

I am not sure the project has been discontinued, I think it is on a different time frame than everyone expected. I have been hearing here in Nashville (and posting) that there will be no touring for the second phase of the project until 2010, and that Alison was rumored to be planning a Union Station tour and album for late Summer/Fall 2009. This was also consistent with Plant's official statement. Then, a member of this board had dinner with the CEO of Rounder in December and posted a more aggressive timeline, on this message board. I think we will just have to wait and see what happens. I think it is significant that Buddy and other members of the Raising Sand band are booking summer shows performing with other artists. I do not think Buddy's medical issues (which are resolving) have impacted the schedule, as he was planning to spend most of the Spring months promoting his new album that was released the first week of March.

I highly recommend that album, by the way.

Good point! as RP has "leaned" on JP for every "bit" of success he ever had as a solo artist. At one time I admired RP. Not any more. I dont buy his personal public relations for a long time now. Robert Plant hasnt produced one ounce of music by himself that could be compared with the power or talent of Led Zeppelins even though on several occasions in the press he claimed he would and or could. This "new" project" with A/C is nothing more than a new version of the Honey Drippers...Lots of press, cute, novel and more than likely forgotten in a decade or less, as the Honey Drippers were.

Zero88

I disagree that Raising Sand will be forgotten in 10 years. I think there are a lot of Music Row executives losing sleep at night trying to determine a way to emulate the project/idea. I am worried what we may see in the future......hopefully not Ozzy Osborne and Dolly Parton.

Of course they lost sleep over this projects sequel. Let me tell ya something, RP used to say in the press how much he hated the "status quo" music bizz. How they wanted him to make music that would sell and how much he "didnt like that" cause he was an artist. Well look now, hes doing EXACTLY what he claimed to hate about the bizz. Shame on you RP! Dont try and fool me again bro. I wont buy it, a man is only as good as his word.

Zero88

I disagree that Raising Sand will be forgotten in 10 years. I think there are a lot of Music Row executives losing sleep at night trying to determine a way to emulate the project/idea. I am worried what we may see in the future......hopefully not Ozzy Osborne and Dolly Parton.

Im not trying to pressure RP to do anything. I just ask the chap to be honest is all, which he aint (lied about doing something with the boys at the end of 08 tour with A/C). I have NO problem with the guy wanting to "do his own thing" (solo stuff or what ever), if its real and not some attempt to get back at someone, then its fake. Be real, knock off the hurt stuff and give at least a few more performances that shows what/who you really are, not the phoney clown you pretend to be. Damn you can can still do A/C (tour record) and also do shows and record with JP, JPJ, JB. What the hell?

Zero88

Robert Plant knows what he needs to do.

Pressuring him in the mistaken belief that you will influence his decisions will produce zero results.

He's not the robot type.

Yeah I know where that leads, no where fast. Nah screw it, do the M thing, the do A/C since it got you noticed for a bit solo, then do the thing with the boys. Theres enough space yet to achieve all that and have some crazy fun to boot.

Zero88

It all depends on his level of enthusiasm.

All the brow-beating in the world will get you nowhere unless he really wants to do it.

Otherwise it's back to

and you know where that leads.

Archived