Second Album started on Feb. 13

Vega

Of course they lost sleep over this projects sequel. Let me tell ya something, RP used to say in the press how much he hated the "status quo" music bizz. How they wanted him to make music that would sell and how much he "didnt like that" cause he was an artist. Well look now, hes doing EXACTLY what he claimed to hate about the bizz. Shame on you RP! Dont try and fool me again bro. I wont buy it, a man is only as good as his word.

Zero88

:rolleyes:

I don't think anyone anticipated the level of success this record garnered. Further to that, if Robert did the "status quo", making a record with Alison Krauss which everyone kept referring to as an unlikely combination (even though I disagree with that), would not be what he would have done.

Im not trying to pressure RP to do anything. I just ask the chap to be honest is all, which he aint (lied about doing something with the boys at the end of 08 tour with A/C). I have NO problem with the guy wanting to "do his own thing" (solo stuff or what ever), if its real and not some attempt to get back at someone, then its fake. Be real, knock off the hurt stuff and give at least a few more performances that shows what/who you really are, not the phoney clown you pretend to be. Damn you can can still do A/C (tour record) and also do shows and record with JP, JPJ, JB. What the hell?

Zero88

Zero88, I understand your feelings about Robert Plant....lots of fans have their expectations, but Robert has his "own" self-fulfillment, I am not sure Robert Plant "lied"...perhaps there are legal issues that are far too complex and create conflicts...(I think Robert has been quoted in press that complex Legal issues to certain extent did prevent him from reuniting, what that is,I don't know). I think Robert just want to choose one career path that is emotionally satisfying and relatively easy. And he really does believe in what he says in public...(at this "age", he will not take another step, if it won't go with him and it looks like, A.C. is a great company for him.

Just want to add one more thing about "lied"...IMO, I don't think Robert's conscious allows him to say NO to Jimmy Page/L.Z, literally. He knows that public is not ready for this, and for himself, How he can possibly say NO to L.Z.....I have learned to read Robert more 'In Between Lines".....on this issue...

Zero88...just like you millions of fans have same feelings, but Robert is also in a very difficult position, as much as he is enjoying his new career....It must be very difficult for him not think about Led Zeppelin....

Take Care, Peace :D :D :D

:D

Sorry to interrupt again, but when did Robert say anything "about doing something with the boys at the end of 08 tour with A/C)"?

And someone seems to have a logical thinking breakdown.

Im not trying to pressure RP to do anything.

Zero88

Nah screw it, do the M thing, the do A/C since it got you noticed for a bit solo, then do the thing with the boys.

Zero88

Now are you or are you not asking him to do things which he apparently doesn't want?

And oh, his working partner's name is Alison Krauss, you can write it as AK.

Sorry to interrupt again, but when did Robert say anything "about doing something with the boys at the end of 08 tour with A/C)"?

I do not recall him saying anything about that.

Anyone who cares to tell me, who is A/C?

A/C is a part of AC/DC, only with a line between the A and the C.

Zero88, I understand your feelings about Robert Plant....lots of fans have their expectations, but Robert has his "own" self-fulfillment, I am not sure Robert Plant "lied"

That may be a reference to the last time he told everyone that he would be back soon. Actually, it's true, he will be back soon, somewhere, when he's ready.

Good point! as RP has "leaned" on JP for every "bit" of success he ever had as a solo artist.

How is that so? Page played on the Honeydrippers EP and one cut on Now and Zen, beyond that Page hasn't contributed to any of Plant's solo records, at least to my knowledge. Even going by the contributions I mentioned I wouldn't define either of them as Plant "leaning" on Page. More accurately they were collaborations by two guys that used to be in a band together. Judging by your comments you make it sound like Plant owes the success of his entire solo career to Jimmy Page when in fact he's made it clear from the very beginning that he wanted to make his own type of music and not be in the shadow of Zeppelin's legacy.

At one time I admired RP. Not any more. I dont buy his personal public relations for a long time now. Robert Plant hasnt produced one ounce of music by himself that could be compared with the power or talent of Led Zeppelins even though on several occasions in the press he claimed he would and or could.

I don't think any of the surviving members of Zeppelin have done anything that holds up to Zeppelin's legacy, that's because it would be pointless to do so and quite honestly it's unfair to hold their respective solo careers to what they did in Zeppelin. Plus, as I mentioned before, Plant's aim was to not sound like Zeppelin. I've never once heard him claim in an interview that he had outdone Zeppelin or had any intentions to during any time in his solo career.

This "new" project" with A/C is nothing more than a new version of the Honey Drippers...Lots of press, cute, novel and more than likely forgotten in a decade or less, as the Honey Drippers were.

I, for one, haven't forgotten the Honeydrippers. I also still hear their songs (particularly Sea of Love) played on the radio so it appears they haven't been forgotten by the general music listening public either. They were even supposed to do a Volume 2 and would have if not for the untimely death of Ahmet Ertegun. It doesn't sound like they are too "forgotten" to me. How many people remember the Willie and the Poor Boys record Page participated in that was of a very similar groove to the Honeydrippers EP? And, who is this "A/C" you keep referring to?

Im not trying to pressure RP to do anything. I just ask the chap to be honest is all, which he aint (lied about doing something with the boys at the end of 08 tour with A/C). I have NO problem with the guy wanting to "do his own thing" (solo stuff or what ever), if its real and not some attempt to get back at someone, then its fake. Be real, knock off the hurt stuff and give at least a few more performances that shows what/who you really are, not the phoney clown you pretend to be.

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

ya know, when you see a new poster, but recognize a familiar tone and point of view, you can always choose not to engage.

As a matter of fact, this particular poster was making statements that were entirely new to me, and that shouldn't go uncommented IMHO. ;)

Well, I suppose this is a bit entertaining, but that's about it. This thread may boldly go where many have gone before. :beat::hidinginwall:

hey, there's nothing wrong with the thread! :lol: Have we closed all the threads in which any of Led Zep were accused of being "selfish", "clownish" or whatever, there would be no ledzeppelin.com, no?

How they wanted him to make music that would sell and how much he "didnt like that" cause he was an artist. Well look now, hes doing EXACTLY what he claimed to hate about the bizz. Shame on you RP! Dont try and fool me again bro. I wont buy it, a man is only as good as his word.

Surely Robert's doing his own thing, Zero88, and the fact that he likes doing the music that "sells" does not mean that he's doing what he used to hate. Anyone dared to call RP a King of Pop yet? :wacko: The fact that he presented this music that so many of you guys know like, well ABC, whatever, in such a graceful manner speaks for itself, IMHO.

I doubt very seriously Plant, Krauss or T Bone went into the Raising Sand project knowing it would take off like it did. If there was a known formula for success everyone that wished to make a buck in the music business would be tapping into it. If anything, they went into Raising Sand not knowing at all how successful (or unsuccessful) it would turn out to be. From my listening experience it sounds like it was an album they both undertook sheerly for their love of the music within, no more, no less. Not everyone has dollar signs in their eyes when it comes to making music.

I doubt very seriously Plant, Krauss or T Bone went into the Raising Sand project knowing it would take off like it did. If there was a known formula for success everyone that wished to make a buck in the music business would be tapping into it. If anything, they went into Raising Sand not knowing at all how successful (or unsuccessful) it would turn out to be. From my listening experience it sounds like it was an album they both undertook sheerly for their love of the music within, no more, no less. Not everyone has dollar signs in their eyes when it comes to making music.

:goodpost:

It's like what T-bone has said, that they were coming into the studio with nothing on their mind but courage, love and freedom.

Well said - I would say Robert is someone making music for the sheer love of doing so rather than for the money or his career would have gone in a very different path IMO.

I meant A/K, the country singer plant is working with at the moment. Now go back to sighing over the Robert Plant photo's you have on your desk.

Anyone who cares to tell me, who is A/C? I've never heard that Robert was/is working with someone called like that.

:rolleyes:

Its really funny how Robert Plant fans just cant get so pissy when someone points out something that may seem unfavorable towards him. let me say one more time I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THIS ARTIST DOING HIS OWN THING!!!!. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH HIM NOT DOING LED ZEPPELIN.!!! I THINK HIS BEST SOLO MATERIAL HAS BEEN PRODUCED WHEN HE HAS TRULLY ATTEMPTED TO STAY AWAY FROM REMAKING ZEPPELIN SUCH AS "FATE OF NATIONS AND MIGHTY REARRANGER. I simply pointed out the fact that he has USED Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Page and Zep fans to further his own agenda. When I say the man lied about saying he would like to do Led Zeppelin again one day, its not something Im pulling out of thin air, its something he has said directly to the music press (rolling stone interview in that case). When I say he would hate to do anything that became a corporate success (like the honey drippers) to long because it would bother his artistic sensibilities its because its what HE SAID. The man is not god people, he has a career and he wants to protect it, and he'll lie to do so. And has

Zero88

Well said - I would say Robert is someone making music for the sheer love of doing so rather than for the money or his career would have gone in a very different path IMO.

Its really funny how Robert Plant fans just cant get so pissy when someone points out something that may seem unfavorable towards him. let me say one more time I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THIS ARTIST DOING HIS OWN THING!!!!. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH HIM NOT DOING LED ZEPPELIN.!!! I THINK HIS BEST SOLO MATERIAL HAS BEEN PRODUCED WHEN HE HAS TRULLY ATTEMPTED TO STAY AWAY FROM REMAKING ZEPPELIN SUCH AS "FATE OF NATIONS AND MIGHTY REARRANGER. I simply pointed out the fact that he has USED Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Page and Zep fans to further his own agenda. When I say the man lied about saying he would like to do Led Zeppelin again one day, its not something Im pulling out of thin air, its something he has said directly to the music press (rolling stone interview in that case). When I say he would hate to do anything that became a corporate success (like the honey drippers) to long because it would bother his artistic sensibilities its because its what HE SAID. The man is not god people, he has a career and he wants to protect it, and he'll lie to do so. And has

Zero88

Your posts sound really familiar - like someone who was here and banned. I just can't think who. But the same circular arguments - I like Plant but... :rolleyes:

Anyways, it's simply not true that Robert used Zep or Page to further his own agenda. How can you say that when he decided to venture out on his own, he completely separated himself from the past in order to start over? He can't erase the fact he was in the band and they were so successful.

The Honeydrippers was done out of a love for that music and a bond he shared with the late Ahmet Ertegun who produced it. There was no motivation behind it. The fact it was successful was a surprise.

I don't think Robert is a God or any musician for that matter. I love what he's done post Zep and have a lot of respect for him not resting on his laurels. That doesn't mean I think the man is infallible because he's not.

I simply pointed out the fact that he has USED Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Page and Zep fans to further his own agenda. When I say the man lied about saying he would like to do Led Zeppelin again one day, its not something Im pulling out of thin air, its something he has said directly to the music press (rolling stone interview in that case). When I say he would hate to do anything that became a corporate success (like the honey drippers) to long because it would bother his artistic sensibilities its because its what HE SAID. The man is not god people, he has a career and he wants to protect it, and he'll lie to do so. And has

Zero88

Use Jimmy Page? Huh? How?

And Zep fans? He forced the fans to buy his solo albums?

And you missed his point totally when he said he would like to do Led Zeppelin again one day. He just meant there could be more one-off gigs if there would be good reasons. (Don't forget why they did the O2.) He was not lying and you were not making things up, it's only you were simply drawing the wrong assumption.

And I'm a Robert Plant fan, so what? You claim to be a Led Zeppelin fan and you hate Robert Plant?

Archived