Songs LZ COULD have and SHOULD have played live...

ZepFanatic

They also played The Wanton Song in 75 but dropped it from their setlist. Don't know why. WTLB was terrible live.

I really liked The Wanton Song. I liked it when Jones played the keyboard instead of the bass. WTLB wasnt that bad live. But it was great. I personally like it.

^Not really...they played "Killing Floor" which it (bascially rips off) is based on, but that was well before LZII came out (see the 4/27/69 show) but otherwise they never played it as a stand-alone track after LZII came out...

^Not really...they played "Killing Floor" which it (bascially rips off) is based on, but that was well before LZII came out (see the 4/27/69 show) but otherwise they never played it as a stand-alone track after LZII came out...

Midway through 69 they pretty much played the Lemon Song even calling it that.

Four Sticks was played 1 time in 1971

"Your Time Is Gonna Come" would have been nice at some point. "In The Light", "Carouselambra", & "I'm Gonna Crawl" would've been great too. I guess I'm a JPJ fan lol :P , just noticed they all involve his keyboards.

They did play most of YTIGC in a medley in Japan of 71 I think

They did play most of YTIGC in a medley in Japan of 71 I think

Yes, but it's rather rough and really unfaithful, when I heard it it was basically Ramble On with different lyrics.

The show is 24/09/71 Tokyo, Japan Whole Lotta Love medley.

The Rover. If they could tease us with it for the intro to Sick Again, then they could have played the bloody thing all the way through. It's just cruel, otherwise.

Would've liked to have heard a nice stripped down version of Friends. It's far too complicated to have been emulated on stage, so some nice acoustics would've been good.

Wearing and Tearing. P+P played it at Knebworth '90 - they so could've done it earlier. Would've been classic if they'd done it at O2.

So because they played it before the album was released and not after means that they never played the song?

Killing Floor is identical to Lemon Song, its just a different name..

I always thought a great way to play In The Light would have been as a linkup with Dazed, have the bow solo merge into JPJ's keyboard solo then take it from there. I still love the first parts of dazed from 75 but the solo's afterwards had started to sound tired by then IMHO.

I always thought a great way to play In The Light would have been as a linkup with Dazed, have the bow solo merge into JPJ's keyboard solo then take it from there. I still love the first parts of dazed from 75 but the solo's afterwards had started to sound tired by then IMHO.

I concur. It would have fit perfectly but it wouldn't fit the part when there is a cresando. I.e. the part that got louder and louder with Bonzo's double bass beat and Jimmy's bow with wah.

• 2 weeks later...
I've always thought there were certain songs LZ could have and should have played live that they never did...below are some of the ones I've always thought of:

Custard Pie

Houses of the Holy

In the Light

Good Times Bad Times (as a true, full version)

The Rover

Hots on For Nowhere

Candy Store Rock

I could go on...what does anyone else think?

in the light was a song plant was eager to do but jpj vetoed the idea because it wouldnt have succeeded live in his opinion.. i do wish they would have.., such a beautiful song so uplifting

Would've liked to have heard a nice stripped down version of Friends. It's far too complicated to have been emulated on stage, so some nice acoustics would've been good.

They played it at Osaka 9-29-71

in the light was a song plant was eager to do but jpj vetoed the idea because it wouldnt have succeeded live in his opinion.. i do wish they would have.., such a beautiful song so uplifting

Robert's versions of the song are amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Tea for One, Hots on For Nowhere, The Rover, Custard Pie, and Houses of the Holy would have been really good live.

And I don't think anyone has mentioned South Bound Suarez yet. I think they should have played it at Knebworth and on the Europe 80 tour instead of Hot Dog. (Anything would have been better than Hot Dog!!!)

Archived