Songs LZ COULD have and SHOULD have played live...

ZepFanatic

You know I always found it really strange that they didn't do more tracks from Presence in '77, although they did bring the acoustic section back which was really great and they did Ten Years Gone which they didn't do in '75. Still. Also by the time they got to Knebworth, they were doing too many "expected" songs. In the Evening was cool but it would have been great for them to open with Wearing & Tearing - it was supposed to be released as a single that summer. Why not? Surprise everybody! Poor Tom would have been great...I can't believe they didn't even do All My Love at Knebworth...also Carouselambra, obviously. They should have dropped Since I've Been Loving You in favor of I'm Gonna Crawl for Knebby and '80. You will NOT find the best versions of SIBLY on Over Europe '80. I think this is the period where they were a bit too "out of it" to make good song selections.

I didn't have your info??Thanks......... Going on what Jason Bonham said that his Dad and his mates never played it , well I'm glad they did.

They played it at least twice in 1970. In Oakland and LA.

• 4 weeks later...

Night Flight (Soundchecks don't count)

Custard Pie

Down By the Seaside

Houses of the Holy

Your Time is Gonna Come

Tea For One

D'Yer Mak'er (As a whole thing)

For Your Life (Before O2)

Good Times, Bad Times (Before O2)

Candy Store Rock

The Rover (As a whole thing)

Carouselambra

Living Loving Maid

In the Light

The Wanton Song (Played but ought have been played more frequently)

It's a crime that they never played Custard Pie or The Rover in its entirety. Would have been nice to have a couple of short hard rockers instead of all the endless soloing on the 75' and 77' tours.

The Rover

In the light, it would have been amazing to hear that sony live, it has such atmosphere and I prefer it to NQ

Houses of the holy-I never understood why they didn't play that song.

How Many More Times

You shook Me-omg I feel like crying so much when I think that they didn't play that song. :(

Friends

When The Levee Breaks-I'm sure they could ahve found a way in playing the backwards bit

Down By the Seaside

Wearing And Tearing.

^ At least Jimmy and Robert played Wearing and Tearing in 1990. I wish they had too.

I'm Gonna Crawl

Houses of the Holy

Hey Hey What Can I Do

The rest of the songs from Presance could have been done live other than Nobody's Fault and ALS.

I have also wondered about You Shook Me.

Lurker since the O2 concert, thought I'd finally register.

They played I Can't Quit You Babe and Your Time is Gonna Come in Minneapolis (5/18/69).

Page played pedal steel on the 2nd half of the song and JPJ was on a B3. Plant even played

(reluctantly) rhythm guitar on the solo section of What is and What Should Never Be.

The show was over 2 1/2 hours and I was only 14. Still the best concert ever!

sjb

The Rover

In the light, it would have been amazing to hear that sony live, it has such atmosphere and I prefer it to NQ

How Many More Times

You shook Me-omg I feel like crying so much when I think that they didn't play that song. :(

Friends

When The Levee Breaks-I'm sure they could ahve found a way in playing the backwards bit

Down By the Seaside

Wearing And Tearing.

How Many More Times was played through 69, up until the Bath festival in 1970 as the set closer, then it made some rare appearances until 1975 when it was played again for a couple of dates because of Page's broken finger.

You shook me was commonly played in 1969, without organ though.

WTLB was done a couple of times on 1975, it didn't sound too good though, too thin.

Lurker since the O2 concert, thought I'd finally register.

They played I Can't Quit You Babe and Your Time is Gonna Come in Minneapolis (5/18/69).

Page played pedal steel on the 2nd half of the song and JPJ was on a B3. Plant even played

(reluctantly) rhythm guitar on the solo section of What is and What Should Never Be.

The show was over 2 1/2 hours and I was only 14. Still the best concert ever!

sjb

Now that is revelatory. I gotta keep my hopes up for a tape to surface.

Ohh, thanks. And welcome.

WTLB was played in 75, but Robert's voice was shot so it didn't sound too good.

Friends was played at least one time in 1971. I've heard rumors it was played more than once but there's only one tape of it.

You Shook Me and almost all of Zeppelin I, outside of GTBT, and YTIGC, was played a lot in 1969. I think Robert Plant said GTBT opened the shows in the Scandinavian Tour in 1968 but there's nothing to support or deny that outside of Robert's word.

WTLB was played in 75, but Robert's voice was shot so it didn't sound too good.

Friends was played at least one time in 1971. I've heard rumors it was played more than once but there's only one tape of it.

You Shook Me and almost all of Zeppelin I, outside of GTBT, and YTIGC, was played a lot in 1969. I think Robert Plant said GTBT opened the shows in the Scandinavian Tour in 1968 but there's nothing to support or deny that outside of Robert's word.

Sibh23 just said that....

Sibh23 just said that....

Well I said it sounded too thin. I don't think Robert's shot voice hampered the song too much, it was more of the thinness of the number. You just can't come close to matching the amazing guitar slide-overdub thing going on in the studio version. It is a very spaced out song and without all those overdubs filling it, it would've been very thin. And when played live that happened. It suffers too from the fact that it's one of their heaviest studio numbers.

Candy Store Rock

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Dancing Days

Wearing and Tearing

Both where commonly played live, you can even find them in official releases!

Seriously people, could you please do a little research before posting.

They didn't play alot of their best songs live, some ones i would like to have heard

Tea For One

For Your Life (In the 70s thats is)

Carouselambra

Custard Pie

Houses Of The Holy

Living Loving Maid

Dyer Maker

Good Times Bad Times

The Rover

How Many More Times

Friends

Down By the Seaside

Wearing And Tearing.

They did play You Shook Me live, it's on the BBC Sessions CD

They didn't play alot of their best songs live, some ones i would like to have heard

Tea For One

For Your Life (In the 70s thats is)

Carouselambra

Custard Pie

Houses Of The Holy

Living Loving Maid

Dyer Maker

Good Times Bad Times

They never played Living Loving Maid because it wasn't anyone's favorite song and they did play Good Times, Bad Times when they first started in 1968-69 and in 2007.

• 1 month later...

Archived