The 81st Academy Awards

THE FIRST LEDZEP

A London (Ontario) tv station did a poll and 78% didn't watch the Oscars...I wasn't one of those polled but I didn't watch it...

I did look at three newspapers yesterday with pics of the gowns....The Toronto Star had a huge pic of Beyonce's gown...wow....I needed sunglasses for all those gold flowers on her dress...

Angelina's earrings....very groovy colour....can ya dig it?

I lost count of all the layers of chiffon on somebody else's dress...

John Mayer..combed his hair and wore a tux....nice....

RECESSION,EH?.....ECONOMIC CRISIS, EH?.......HMMMMM :flyakite:

I saw the Milk and loved it. I suspect you will too!

I have this policy:

I do not go to any films that have ex-spouses of Madonna in them . . . :D

-----------------------------------------------------------

NEW YORK – A preliminary measurement of the nation's biggest markets shows ratings for this year's Academy Awards went up 6 percent over last year, yet the telecast is still likely to be among the three least-watched Oscars ever.

Nielsen Media Research says its estimate of the Oscar audience's size will come later Monday. Last year's audience of 32 million was the smallest ever measured for an Oscar telecast.

Last year and in 2003, when "Chicago" won best picture before 33 million viewers, are the low-water marks for the annual show.

New York, Chicago and Los Angeles were the markets with the highest Oscar ratings Sunday.

(Yukon Cornelius @ Feb 24 2009, 04:07 PM) Great actor yes. As far as a role model he sucks. He has been in trouble too often. Ill never know what Robin Wright Penn saw in him. She is hot. He is not!

Looks aren't everything :)

Sounds like a familiar theme no! :rolleyes:

I hate Angelina. I heard her movie was a good one, but she drives me crazy.

They need to stop having babies, too. There's no way that any two people, no matter how much money they have, can raise 8 kids without neglecting the one-on-one time parents should give their kids. (sorry...rant..LOL)

I am just so sick of Brangelina!! The media acts as if they are the only couple to EVER adopt kids or DONATE to charity! Good for them, but give me a break! They are not the first and will not be the last to give to charity or adopt kids. They are overexposure to the hilt, IMO. I used to like Angelina and thought she was pretty cool because she was a bit different, "mysterious-like" than alot of the other actresses but Brad has never really done anything for me personally, although I like a couple of his film roles. Too bad some of these celebs love to have the media follow them around 24/7 and stay in their personal business, I think it makes them quite boring after a while. Thank goodness there are some celebs that don't get into that fake Hollywood crap!!

ill bet those lips have been filled more than my gas tank. Fill em up!

I am in love with Angelina's lips. And they are real too. :P

Brad made the right choice in dumping Aniston for her. Angelina has made his life better than it was before. Aniston is too high matinence, An ex boyfriend of hers said so. All she cares about are 5 star hotels and spas. Angelina is a lot deeper than that. And brad wanted kids. Aniston was more focused on career. For him it was the right choice. And besides, Angelina is way hotter.

I liked the Oscars except for the middle part when they got to all the techinical awards. No one cares about those.

I am happy Heath got the Oscar. Some people have said he won it for sentimental reasons. There may have been a few who voited for that reason but his performance was better than all of the others in the category. He deserved it alive or dead. There have been others who were nominated after they died and they didn't win it. So the Academy didn't just give it to him because he died. He earned it. Too bad he wasn't alive to be there for it.

I was also happy that Slumdog won. Out of all the ones in the best picture category i like that one best. I don't think it's overrated at all. I think some people can be affected by the hype though.

Sean Penn deserved the Oscar. He palyed someone the exact opposite of him and nailed it. Mickey played someone similar to himself. He had a easier job.

I can't believe Penelope Cruz won though. I think she is a terrible actress.

apoltergeist.jpg:rolleyes:

And just when we thought it was safe.

Out of the two, I prefer Jennifer. For all the good that Angelina does, I imagine she takes life very seriously. I like to think Jennifer seems a bit more friendly and easier to get on with. And it's not because she's 'hot' - I actually think Angelina's prettier, but there's something about her that doesn't make her seem approachable.

And just when we thought it was safe.

Out of the two, I prefer Jennifer. For all the good that Angelina does, I imagine she takes life very seriously. I like to think Jennifer seems a bit more friendly and easier to get on with. And it's not because she's 'hot' - I actually think Angelina's prettier, but there's something about her that doesn't make her seem approachable.

I agree there is this intimidating factor about Angelina and Jennifer seems more bubbly

but I can say that both her and Brad are more down to earth than one might think ;)

I am in love with Angelina's lips. And they are real too. :P

Brad made the right choice in dumping Aniston for her. Angelina has made his life better than it was before. Aniston is too high matinence, An ex boyfriend of hers said so. All she cares about are 5 star hotels and spas. Angelina is a lot deeper than that. And brad wanted kids. Aniston was more focused on career. For him it was the right choice. And besides, Angelina is way hotter.

Oh please :rolleyes: How can you make statements about people you don't know - based on what, People Magazine?

:slapface:

Sounds like a good deal!

So you haven't decided to replace the dead computer, eh?

I guess it saves a bit of time and money. ;)

Nah, I can't afford it and would HATE to go back to dial-up since the library has high speed.

My friend's laptop is dial-up (at her home, but WiFi at the library) and the other night it took 45 minutes to download a 2 minute song from You Tube.

:blink::slapface::lol:

Archived