Zeppelin - best ever?

zepfan1

No offense to you zepfan, but...

That silly poll is everywhere. Is it really that important how this vote comes out?

"THIS IS THE FIRST EVER OFFICIAL VOTE BY THE PUBLIC"

Really? What makes it 'official'?!? :wacko:

No offense to you zepfan, but...

That silly poll is everywhere. Is it really that important how this vote comes out?

"THIS IS THE FIRST EVER OFFICIAL VOTE BY THE PUBLIC"

Really? What makes it 'official'?!? :wacko:

The fact that no one else has been dumb enough to claim so.

Where is this Queen vs. Zeppelin stuff coming from? As far as the debate is concerned. Seems like alot of you are not giving Queen the proper credit. As catchy as radio ga ga was ,that is not the extent of their lyrical content or musical composition. They are the ONLY band inducted into the Song writers hall of fame. Personally, no, they are not better then Zeppelin. But they are, to me at least, the only band that even has a shot at coming close.

Alright look at it this way, it is like standing outside a coffee shop and taking a poll to see how many people drink coffee (Queen), as compared to standing outside a regular grocery store and taking the poll. Of course the ratio will be higher in the coffee shop and more people would say Vote Coffee over Tea or something else.

well, if the poll is "everywhere", then I suggest we all vote for Zeppelin

If it is published somewhere afterwards and it says the public voted on this, how stupid do we look as fans? The Queen fans seems to be stepping up to the plate for heir band.

I am voting every day. They should win unless the Beatles do.

JMHO.

I don't think it's a Queen fan

If you look up foreign Queen forums or votenumber1, it is listed in about every one of them

think they just got the word out and fast too

we should do the same... any ideas outside of this forum or other zeppelin forums?

I mean, Queen should not win this and May not best guitarist by any means unless there really are more Queen fans right now but I doubt that

When in a poll Ritchie Sambora and the guy from Toto gets more votes than Jimmy Page, you can clearly say it's a fucking dumb poll!

Amen to that! Steve Lukather is top notch (can't eclipse Page though), but ritchie sambora? Samboring is one of the absolute CHEEEEESIEST poser hacks out there. The guy doesn't have an original lick in his repertoire, 2 cliched overused blues licks and 1 cheesy squeel does not make a guitar hero. He botched a recent unplugged so bad they had to toss him aside and have studio guys play and sing his parts after 3 failed attempts at one of their "hits" at the filming. Sambora is the biggest Jimmy Page wannabe out there, his playing is absolute souless, embarassing, phony garbage. Same goes for his gay band, bon jovi, talk about bad vocals and 4th grade lyrics! The guy's voice is nails on a chalkboard, and for some strange reason, they think they are cowboys, someone forgot to tell them they're from New Jersey(nothing to brag about). If it wasn't for dumb 16 year-old chicks and middle-aged housewives these guys would be mopping Jack-In-The-Box bathrooms. The fact that anybody pays to see or hear a note of their music is one of the biggest mysteries in modern music.

Yup, just another pathetic poll, we all know Led Zeppelin rules the roost.

That shit is rigged, look at who is leading best guitarist of all time after you vote.

It must be a Queen fan running that shit.

Has to be. Brian may is not recognized as some amazing virtuoso. He had to have Steve Howe come in the studio for Innuendo.

Has to be. Brian may is not recognized as some amazing virtuoso. He had to have Steve Howe come in the studio for Innuendo.

Dude, I love Zeppelin, but honestly Page over Lukather?

Different leagues my friend. Pages' leads were quite sloppy at times.

You want to see a guy kick everyone's arse including Eddie V, then I suggest you watch Luke on youtube

Sorry , but u are off on this one

ZEPP, YES, NOT PAGE AS THE GREATEST

Dude, I love Zeppelin, but honestly Page over Lukather?

Different leagues my friend. Pages' leads were quite sloppy at times.

You want to see a guy kick everyone's arse including Eddie V, then I suggest you watch Luke on youtube

Sorry , but u are off on this one

ZEPP, YES, NOT PAGE AS THE GREATEST

Page is actually one of Luke's hero's, and says Page pulled him aside once to tell him he's a fan of his too. Luke says Page is the one choice he would have if he could record with anybody, he also says Page is the nicest guy and a true genius in many respects, style, substance, production, showmanship, playing, pure tone, acoustic, alternate tunings, violin bow action, and songwriting. It's true Luke is one of the best ever, his discography is mind-blowing, he's played on everyone's records, and can out-shred the best of them, plus he's a good songwriter and co-writer. He co-wrote She's a Beauty and Talk To Ya Later by The Tubes, another one of my all-time favorite bands.

That being said, Page is still the all-around greatest/coolest/rockinest son of a bitch ever to hit a stage, or to make a record. Luke will tell you the same. But it is apples and oranges. It is true that Luke ain't your average axe-slinger, he's a badass, totally hard-core, versatile as hell, technically unstoppable (sort of like Trevor Rabin, another freak on guitar). But he didn't write at the level of Page and Zeppelin, no one did. That's one of the things that puts LZ at the top of the heap. Page wasn't about shred, he was about construction, dynamics, atmosphere, spontaneity, and pure power. Case in point..."Rain Song", "Ten Years Gone", "Kashmir", "Stairway", "The Song Remains The Same", "Bron-Y-Aur", "IMTOD", well you get the point. Page is different than the rest, he just is. But I get your angle completely, Lukather ain't your average shmo with a guitar, he's one of the worlds most sought-after session guitarists for a reason.

Page is actually one of Luke's hero's, and says Page pulled him aside once to tell him he's a fan of his too. Luke says Page is the one choice he would have if he could record with anybody, he also says Page is the nicest guy and a true genius in many respects, style, substance, production, showmanship, playing, pure tone, acoustic, alternate tunings, violin bow action, and songwriting. It's true Luke is one of the best ever, his discography is mind-blowing, he's played on everyone's records, and can out-shred the best of them, plus he's a good songwriter and co-writer. He co-wrote She's a Beauty and Talk To Ya Later by The Tubes, another one of my all-time favorite bands.

That being said, Page is still the all-around greatest/coolest/rockinest son of a bitch ever to hit a stage, or to make a record. Luke will tell you the same. But it is apples and oranges. It is true that Luke ain't your average axe-slinger, he's a badass, totally hard-core, versatile as hell, technically unstoppable (sort of like Trevor Rabin, another freak on guitar). But he didn't write at the level of Page and Zeppelin, no one did. That's one of the things that puts LZ at the top of the heap. Page wasn't about shred, he was about construction, dynamics, atmosphere, spontaneity, and pure power. Case in point..."Rain Song", "Ten Years Gone", "Kashmir", "Stairway", "The Song Remains The Same", "Bron-Y-Aur", "IMTOD", well you get the point. Page is different than the rest, he just is. But I get your angle completely, Lukather ain't your average shmo with a guitar, he's one if the worlds most sought-after session guitarists for a reason.

well, you said "the guy from Toto" so I'll let you slide on that :-)

You made some good points and all well-taken.

Page wrote some of the best songs ever...will not take that away from him.

He goes down as one of the best. I am sure Luke learned some shit from him too.

Anyway, fun to debate as long as no one is mud slinging at great musicians!

peace out man,,,I'm beat

well, you said "the guy from Toto" so I'll let you slide on that :-)

You made some good points and all well-taken.

Page wrote some of the best songs ever...will not take that away from him.

He goes down as one of the best. I am sure Luke learned some shit from him too.

Anyway, fun to debate as long as no one is mud slinging at great musicians!

peace out man,,,I'm beat

Actually that wasn't me who said "the guy from Toto", thats was poster "Charles Obscure" but that's cool, I'm beat too, time for bed..

How bout this...Zeppelin, yes the best ever. Jimmy Page, yes the best ever, Bonzo, yes the best ever, Jonsey & Robert...deff. two of the greatest of their crafts, and could argue they might be the best ever (i think pagey and bonzo have further seperation of power from other greats), but is there any other band that could even be possible for you to think they might all be one of if not the greatest in their fields? No. Led Zeppelin, the best.

Hi all,

In the past few weeks,I have seen more high school kids were Zep T-shirts,than ever! :)

Not a one Beatles...now I love the Beatles,but this IMVHO of who is the -best- well it's all in one's opinion,is it not? It sort of like,....well I never thought music was a sport,i.e a competion.

I think that Zep overall career,the many different styles of music they played,how they performed live and what they still mean to the world of music,27 years after Bozo's untimely death,......well just again MVHO!

KB

How bout this...Zeppelin, yes the best ever. Jimmy Page, yes the best ever, Bonzo, yes the best ever, Jonsey & Robert...deff. two of the greatest of their crafts, and could argue they might be the best ever (i think pagey and bonzo have further seperation of power from other greats), but is there any other band that could even be possible for you to think they might all be one of if not the greatest in their fields? No. Led Zeppelin, the best.

I like this theory the best.

• 2 weeks later...
I like this theory the best.

Zeppelin still trailing to Queen

think we could drum up some more support elsewhere, other forums?

Queen fans have this vote all over the net

Zeppelin should be winning this

Plant was nominated best rock singer of all time too so that should be a good one!

vote here

Archived