Zep Songs covered by other famous bands

audioservant

:yesnod: :yesnod:

I don't remember seeing Primus on the Zoo TV tour :unsure: but maybe I arrived to the arena late.

I saw them at Yankee and Giants Stadium playing a bit of Kashmir. On the Winter/Spring leg of their tour, when they played just arenas someone else opened, but can't remember who.

I saw them at Yankee and Giants Stadium playing a bit of Kashmir. On the Winter/Spring leg of their tour, when they played just arenas someone else opened, but can't remember who.

I'll have to see if I can find my ticket stubs for the shows I attended. I saw a few on that tour but I suspect I bagged the opener and just showed up for U2.

Last night, our local PBS station aired their "Soundstage" show with Stevie Nicks.

Her final song of the concert was:

Rock and Roll! :)

I thought that it was well played and performed.

I really like Stevie's voice. A nice alto. Goes well with Zepp songs!

stevie nicks - rock and roll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQoHVx70vZc

This the No Quarter version of Tool

like it even more than Zeppelins studio version I think (nothing better than zeps live version though)

thers must be a part 2 because the song lasts over 11 min and it's cut off here due to the upload limit...

Hmmm - I'll have to listen a few times. I love Tool but maybe it's because No Quarter is one of my favorite Zep tunes, especially live that I'm a bit unsure about.

There's also the Enconium album to throw out there for discussion. Thoughts?

I really think that Stone Temple Pilots did a great job of "Dancin' Days". I heard it on one of my local radio stations the other day while I was at work. :) I haven't heard the rest of the album in quite a while though. I do remember enjoying Duran Duran's version of "Thank You".

I really think that Stone Temple Pilots did a great job of "Dancin' Days". I heard it on one of my local radio stations the other day while I was at work. :) I haven't heard the rest of the album in quite a while though. I do remember enjoying Duran Duran's version of "Thank You".

There's a couple of interesting versions but I can't say overall, I'm that enamoured with the album.

There's a couple of interesting versions but I can't say overall, I'm that enamoured with the album.

One day on You Tube, I listened to Tori Amos' version of "Down By the Seaside" and thought it was very strange! She certainly put her own spin on it! Also, Sheryl Crow's "D'yer Mak'er" was ok. I may order it on Amazon one day just to re-listen to it again.

One day on You Tube, I listened to Tori Amos' version of "Down By the Seaside" and thought it was very strange! She certainly put her own spin on it! Also, Sheryl Crow's "D'yer Mak'er" was ok. I may order it on Amazon one day just to re-listen to it again.

I can't say I love that version of Down By the Seaside on it, even with Robert on vocals and guitar. I like Henry Rollins' take on Four Sticks :D

One day on You Tube, I listened to Tori Amos' version of "Down By the Seaside" and thought it was very strange! She certainly put her own spin on it!

I'm not a huge fan of that one either, although I do love Tori. She's done some amazing covers, though. Some of my faves were her versions of The Stones' "Angie," Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and Eminem's "'97 Bonnie & Clyde." That last one was a real surprise, and she made it downright creepy.

I know there was a band from South America that did Fool In The Rain for the album, but was left off the American versions of this album. I think it was put on a video of the Encomium album. Anyone have more info on this? I'm not quite sure about this, but remember seeing a snippet of that version somewhere.

I know there was a band from South America that did Fool In The Rain for the album, but was left off the American versions of this album. I think it was put on a video of the Encomium album. Anyone have more info on this? I'm not quite sure about this, but remember seeing a snippet of that version somewhere.

I hadn't heard that. Would be interesting to hear what their version was. I saw the video once but in truth I can't remember much of it.

Are you referring to the band called Mana. On the copy of Encomium I have they are the first track with Fool In The Rain. It's not in english (spanish maybe, I don't remember and I don't have the CD sleeve anymore) but the song is very good, much more upbeat and faster than the original.

Are you referring to the band called Mana. On the copy of Encomium I have they are the first track with Fool In The Rain. It's not in english (spanish maybe, I don't remember and I don't have the CD sleeve anymore) but the song is very good, much more upbeat and faster than the original.

Definitely not the English version but I would be quite curious to hear it.

Joshua Redman, a jazz sax player, covered The Crunge and it is very funky. I think I like it better than the original because (sorry to say) it lacks the nausea-inducing synth "horn section" and the screechy vocals that Zeppelin's had and which I hate. Love Zep and pretty much everything else they did, but I call that song "The Cringe" . :P

Listen to Redman's version (for free, wow) here...

http://www.imeem.com/jazzfrisson/music/2dv...man_the_crunge/

Archived