Jimmy and Jack in '08

nirvana

Jimmy can get Jack White on the phone, set a rehearsal date, bring in Jason and John Paul, call a booking agent and sell out every f'n date anywhere they want.

Let Robert go for God's sake! Give him the freedom he wants!

Jack White can hang with the boys...and he can sing high notes that will mesh with Jimmy's guitar.

Better yet, he can play rhythem guitar while Jimmy plays lead.

Don't forget Jack White ALREADY did the country blues thing with Loretta Lynn a couple of years ago and it kicked ass!! And she's in her seventies! Did everyone forget he beat Robert to the punch - and with the grand dame of country music. Loretta can sing rings around Alison and Alison would be the first to admit it.

Jimmy and Jack in '08! Rock it!

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/sk...ur65-760064.jpg

Jimmy can get Jack White on the phone, set a rehearsal date, bring in Jason and John Paul, call a booking agent and sell out every f'n date anywhere they want.

Let Robert go for God's sake! Give him the freedom he wants!

Jack White can hang with the boys...and he can sing high notes that will mesh with Jimmy's guitar.

Better yet, he can play rhythem guitar while Jimmy plays lead.

Don't forget Jack White ALREADY did the country blues thing with Loretta Lynn a couple of years ago and it kicked ass!! And she's in her seventies! Did everyone forget he beat Robert to the punch - and with the grand dame of country music. Loretta can sing rings around Alison and Alison would be the first to admit it.

Jimmy and Jack in '08! Rock it!

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/sk...ur65-760064.jpg

I was wracking my brain to think of a suitable writing partner/voice...Jack White...duh.

Excellent lyrics, voice, the whole thing. I make money to spend it on that.

I really really really like Jack White

...BUT!

there's not way he's suited to sing Led Zeppelin tunes.

Page on lead and White on rythm?

it reminds me of Van Halen on lead and Hagar on rythm...

the only difference is that White and Page have a huge age difference and likely a huge indifference.

oh and he'll hit the high notes, which are great for his songs, but they won't translate to Led Zeppelin with out a tune-up

No thanks. :(

This is just my opinion, but to me Jack is.......well , too white! (no pun intended) Sure he's got the catchy riffs and the retro sounding guitar and the stripped down production, but IMO what allows the White Stripes music to breath and Jack to shine is the fact that it is only guitar and drums. But still, it IMO lacks a real funk and soul and comes across as stiff and regimented. I saw them prettu close up at the WHFStival in DC and was not impressed at all. He's cool and all.....for now. We'll have to see if he was or was'nt the flavor of the month 10 yrs from now. Kind of like how not that long ago Beck was supposed to be the most original innovative talented guy out there that'll keep pumping out brilliance.........well, in a way he kind of still is......but is anyone still listening?

Archived