Actors who got robbed at the Academy Awards in the past.

Wolfman

I think Mickey Rourke got robbed last night (even though Sean Penn was worthy). What are some former actors or movies who got "robbed" in your opinion?

ROBBED: Al Pacino in "And Justice For All"

WINNER: Dustin Hoffman in "Kramer vs. Kramer" (also a great performance)

-I was going to go with Peter Sellers for "Being There" but this was one of Al's greatest performances

ROBBED: "Raging Bull" (my favorite movie ever...DeNiro is God in this flick)

WINNER: "Ordinary People" (good movie but a speck compared to the Bull)

ROBBED: Ellen Burstyn in "Requiem for a Dream" (her performance haunted me for days)

WINNER: Julia Roberts for "Erin Brockovich" (she plays the same role everytime....just with an occasional accent. Never got the fascination with this her)

Others?

I think Mickey Rourke got robbed last night (even though Sean Penn was worthy). What are some former actors or movies who got "robbed" in your opinion?

ROBBED: Al Pacino in "And Justice For All"

WINNER: Dustin Hoffman in "Kramer vs. Kramer" (also a great performance)

-I was going to go with Peter Sellers for "Being There" but this was one of Al's greatest performances

ROBBED: "Raging Bull" (my favorite movie ever...DeNiro is God in this flick)

WINNER: "Ordinary People" (good movie but a speck compared to the Bull)

ROBBED: Ellen Burstyn in "Requiem for a Dream" (her performance haunted me for days)

WINNER: Julia Roberts for "Erin Brockovich" (she plays the same role everytime....just with an occasional accent. Never got the fascination with this her)

Others?

Since i haven't seen a new movie in a couple of years i can't comment on this year's awards. I gotta get out more :)

I did see Requiem of a Dream, weird movie...watched it because of Jared Leto (did he win an award?)

The last time i was excited over movie awards was when "The English Patient" and "Bridges of Madison County" were nominated/won...

Marty for Raging Bull (1980) and Goodfellas (1990), although Dances With Wolves (1990) is a masterpiece and Costner deserved what he got.

Saving Private Ryan (1998) by Shakespeare in Love??? <_<

Lost In Translation (2003) by LOTR: ROTK

The Untouchables (1987) from being nominated.

Tom Berenger in Platoon (1986)

Roy Scheider in All That Jazz (1979)

Robert Duvall in Apocalypse Now (1979)

Paul Newman in The Hustler (1961)

Not really. Try this site.....

http://www.filmsite.org/oscars70.html

Bob Fosse beat Francis Ford Coppola as best director in 1972??

Coppola was robbed!! (But he got it in '74)

B)

In 1936 not a mention of 'Petrified Forest' that starred Bette Davis, Leslie Howard and Humphrey Bogart. I think Bogey could have gotten best supporting actor playing the menacing killer 'Duke Mantee.' He was robbed! But Walter Brennan got the oscar for best supporting actor and nothin' wrong with that.

B)

Archived