FAITH NO MORE Reunion 'Confirmed'

The Pagemeister

According to Idolator.com, former FAITH NO MORE singer Mike Patton's publicist has confirmed that the hugely infuential '90s alt-metal band will reunite for a summer tour. At the moment, it appears that the group will only perform in Europe and there are absolutely no plans to tour the States.

Although Kerrang! magazine reported in November that a number of U.K. concert venues had been placed on hold for FAITH NO MORE dates next spring, bassist Billy Gould downplayed the speculation, saying, "If anything like this were to happen, it would have to come from the band, and I haven't spoken with any of them in over a year."

Meanwhile, U.K. promoter Andy Copping also said FAITH NO MORE's return this year was unlikely, telling Metal Hammer, "FAITH NO MORE haven't managed to get that PR machine together ... All of the band members haven't agreed to do it."

Martin left FAITH NO MORE in 1993 due to "internal conflicts" and was replaced by FNM singer Mike Patton's MR. BUNGLE bandmate Trey Spruance. Trey also exited soon after recording 1995's "King for a Day... Fool for a Lifetime", just before the band was to begin a world tour. Spruance was replaced by Dean Menta, the band's guitar roadie. FAITH NO MORE's final studio CD, "Album of the Year", was released in 1997 and featured yet another new guitarist, Jon Hudson, who was a former roommate of Billy Gould.

I thought they were great 'early' on. Saw them a couple of times in the late 80's early 90's.

I never saw them live. I tried to get into their music but never quite got there. I kept feeling there was something wrong with me that I was missing out on them but I dunno, just never connected with them.

This is what annoys me about music, when peoplpe throw in terms like 'hip - hop' and different genres of rock or dance or rap. #

I'm h\ving a real Led Zeppelin session and appreciating rock, country, blues, god knows what from the Out Door era, but i LOVE IT

fAITH nO mORE, were different at the time and should stay there

This is what annoys me about music, when peoplpe throw in terms like 'hip - hop' and different genres of rock or dance or rap. #

I'm h\ving a real Led Zeppelin session and appreciating rock, country, blues, god knows what from the Out Door era, but i LOVE IT

fAITH nO mORE, were different at the time and should stay there

I'm not sure I follow your statement about being annoyed at the term hip hop thrown in or the fact musicians mixed genres - I don't mind that happening at all and that wasn't what annoyed me about Faith No More. I can't really put my finger on it.

Steve I will check those songs out and see how they fare.

I saw them in the early 90's opening for GnR and Metallica and they sucked large! Metallica and GnR were excellent. Playing your "Hit" song twice in your set is a killer for me IMO. B)

i saw them open for robert plant in st. louis and they were smoking! i have also seen mr. bungle many times in chicago and i'm a big mike patton fan. too bad the original guitar player won't be included and there aren't any dates for the states.....yet.

• 10 years later...
  • 1 month later...