Adam Lambert American Idol

MightyZep

I thought last night's show was pretty cool. 13 finalists this year instead of the normal 12. So glad Anoop, Jasmine and Megan made it but glad Tatiana didn't! What a drama queen she was! Very talented group they are. Should be a very exciting season. :D

Oh yeah? What was the last music wave out of Detroit? My thoughts go back to Motown in the late 70's. Almost 40 years ago. New York, New Orleans, L.A., Atlanta, Seattle, Miami, San Francisco have had some hot times since then...maybe you can refresh my memory. I've been wrong before.... :)

By the way..... I think that American music is great! :D

Well, I wouldn't call it a "wave", they've just put out some good artists pretty consistently over time... and I didn't mean to imply that Detroit was the only/best city for good music... just that it should be included or acknowledged. Personally, Seattle is my favorite.

To name a short few:

White Stripes

Iggy & the Stooges

Grand Funk Railroad

The MC5

Alice Cooper

Eminem

Madonna

Bob Segar

<insert motown artist here>

<insert electronic music artist here>

There's plenty more too, but it really depends on your music palette...

Well, I wouldn't call it a "wave", they've just put out some good artists pretty consistently over time... and I didn't mean to imply that Detroit was the only/best city for good music... just that it should be included or acknowledged. Personally, Seattle is my favorite.

To name a short few:

White Stripes

Iggy & the Stooges

Grand Funk Railroad

The MC5

Alice Cooper

Eminem

Madonna

Bob Segar

...or food! <_< spent a week in Dearborn and the closests thing to decent food was the cafeteria at the Ford training center. The headquarters building and Ford's residence was pretty cool though B)

To name a short few:

White Stripes

Iggy & the Stooges

Grand Funk Railroad

The MC5

Alice Cooper

Eminem

Madonna

Bob Segar

I've not been to Detroit but no denying how much great music came from there.

...or food! <_< spent a week in Dearborn and the closests thing to decent food was the cafeteria at the Ford training center. The headquarters building and Ford's residence was pretty cool though B)

Yea, bummer for you... all you can find in Dearborn is middle-eastern shit (not racist.., just HATE the food), so Dearborn in no way represents Detroit. You should've went to Greektown or Mexicantown instead - some great eats there...

Agreed though, the food is unremarkable compared to other cities.

Yea, bummer for you... all you can find in Dearborn is middle-eastern shit (not racist.., just HATE the food), so Dearborn in no way represents Detroit. You should've went to Greektown or Mexicantown instead - some great eats there...

Agreed though, the food is unremarkable compared to other cities.

Well I would love the middle eastern restaurants and the Greek restaurants :D

I don't know if any of you saw American Idol last night but there is a contestant named Adam Lambert. He is PHENOMENAL. Seriously one of the best singers I maybe have ever heard. Since he started gathering more fame I keep hearing people say "He sounds like a young Robert Plant." or "He should sing some Led Zeppelin."

Now, I have always been one to scoff at the idea of rock singers attempting to take on Plant but this kid is INSANE. I'm not saying he IS Plant or IS at that level but I'm saying that he is easily the best contender for covering that stuff. Seriously. I don't care if you're not into American Idol, if you AT ALL appreciate that 60's -70's Plant style you should see this kid! It doesn't even feel like American Idol. I posting a youtube video of his performance. Once you get past the first minute it's like DAMN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EDic3tMJdg...feature=related

How's it going "MightyZep?" I saw American Idol tonight at the local pub and let me say that Adam Lambert can easily front a hard rock band. In my opinion, Lambert sounds a lot like Dan McCafferty (NAZARETH) and Axl Rose. In case some of you are not aware, Axl Rose copied a lot of his vocal trademarks from NAZARETH'S frontman Dan McCafferty. (Listen to the NAZARETH classic song from 1975 entitled "Hair Of The Dog.") ROCK ON!

How's it going "MightyZep?" I saw American Idol tonight at the local pub and let me say that Adam Lambert can easily front a hard rock band. In my opinion, Lambert sounds a lot like Dan McCafferty (NAZARETH) and Axl Rose. In case some of you are not aware, Axl Rose copied a lot of his vocal trademarks from NAZARETH'S frontman Dan McCafferty. (Listen to the NAZARETH classic song from 1975 entitled "Hair Of The Dog.") ROCK ON!

Haha I'm doing good, enjoying the year. Yeah I can definitely hear some Dan McCafferty in his voice. It would be very interesting to hear him sing Hair of the Dog or Nazareth's cover of Love Hurts. I really hope that Adam wins and puts out some great rock material. Hopefully he knows how to write a song or two as well. He put on a good show tonight.

Oh, Yes she rocked it and so did Adam!! I got the feeling they will be the two finalists, at least that is what I am hoping! :D

LOL, my husband is gaga over Alexis Grace :) In his mind there's nobody else in the competition :lol: She is really good; I hope being #13 doesn't do her in regarding the telephone number.

LOL, my husband is gaga over Alexis Grace :) In his mind there's nobody else in the competition :lol: She is really good; I hope being #13 doesn't do her in regarding the telephone number.

Allison, Adam, Alexis

Maybe it'll be a 'Triple A' final.

B)

Alexis is cool too, I love her bluesy vibe!! Danny Gockey is wonderful too. Glad to see they all made it through and this season, the judges will be able to save someone if they get voted off too soon. I like that because in the past several of them who could have easily won, got voted off too quickly.

Alexis is cool too, I love her bluesy vibe!! Danny Gockey is wonderful too. Glad to see they all made it through and this season, the judges will be able to save someone if they get voted off too soon. I like that because in the past several of them who could have easily won, got voted off too quickly.

I like him too, and I really like Matt too; when he's on, he's awesome! (but forget the Coldplay stuff..ugh).

My other favorite is Megan, she's different sounding. I'd love to hear her sing some Adele or Duffy stuff. :)

I like him too, and I really like Matt too; when he's on, he's awesome! (but forget the Coldplay stuff..ugh).

My other favorite is Megan, she's different sounding. I'd love to hear her sing some Adele or Duffy stuff. :)

I agree about Matt and Megan. I love her quirky style. :)

What did ya'll think about Adam's rendition of Ring of Fire? I though it was cool but REALLy different. Thought it was funny when Paula said, "Hmm. Sounds like Kashmir by Led Zeppelin". Allison did really good tonight too I thought. So did Anoop. Great Willie Nelson song. B)

Just saw tonight's episode; what did you all think about Adam and the Kashmir comparison? :unsure: I thought "ugh, no way". I agree he can sing, but I personally just don't care for his voice and it did not sound Kashmir-y to me at all, although it was neat to hear Zeppelin mentioned. I just don't know how they would market him as a singer post-Idol; ego's too big to be part of a band, and I also don't think he'd be very marketable to the younger demographic as a solo artist like JT, Rihanna, Kanye etc, since he's more of a Celine Dion type of performer (as in over the top, Vegas-y) :unsure:

I thought Matt, Allison, Danny (goosebumps!) were awesome and I still like Megan :)

Just saw tonight's episode; what did you all think about Adam and the Kashmir comparison? :unsure: I thought "ugh, no way". I agree he can sing, but I personally just don't care for his voice and it did not sound Kashmir-y to me at all, although it was neat to hear Zeppelin mentioned. I just don't know how they would market him as a singer post-Idol; ego's too big to be part of a band, and I also don't think he'd be very marketable to the younger demographic as a solo artist like JT, Rihanna, Kanye etc, since he's more of a Celine Dion type of performer (as in over the top, Vegas-y) :unsure:

I thought Matt, Allison, Danny (goosebumps!) were awesome and I still like Megan :)

Really? See I tend to agree with Randy that Adam is the most "current" artist the show's ever had. I agree though it did not sound like Kashmir but it was cool to hear the reference. I would like to see him front a rock band and I hope his ego wouldn't get in the way. Indeed, he does have one. :rolleyes:

PS But come on, Adam fits right in lol. Led Zeppelin is one of the most egotistical, dramatic, over the top bands in the world.And I love them for it!

Really? See I tend to agree with Randy that Adam is the most "current" artist the show's ever had. I agree though it did not sound like Kashmir but it was cool to hear the reference. I would like to see him front a rock band and I hope his ego wouldn't get in the way. Indeed, he does have one. :rolleyes:

PS But come on, Adam fits right in lol. Led Zeppelin is one of the most egotistical, dramatic, over the top bands in the world.And I love them for it!

:) I just don't see him as a rock singer or as current; but that's what makes Idol fun; all the different opinions :) Randy Travis seems like such a gentleman too!

Archived