Adam Lambert American Idol

MightyZep

while watching her dance, i did think that her injuries would be a major factor as to why she looked so stiff. i recently saw one of her old 80-90's videos on a jet blue flight and wow, she was just an awesome dancer back then. i really do like paula, i appreciate that she finds a way to give encouraging words to the contestants even when they have a bad night. but, that song was awful. the whole thing looked like a sad attempt to relive past glories. it just makes me wonder...who advised her on that whole idea or performing on the show? perhaps it would have been better if she did one of her hits from yesteryear...? i don't know.

Not that you're talking bad about Paula (nor am some defensive fan), but I sometimes feel that Paula gets alot of crap. Sure, half the time she's crazy as shit but let me give an example of what I mean by "alot of crap". Today, on msn I believe, one of the headlines was something like "Look At Paula's Horrible Routine, Holy Shit!" Sometimes I feel bad for her. That poor crazy looney. :( (just kidding about crazy looney) Though I do think she has some problems...

I know, but on the bright side, it'll probably work better for her, because she'll have more control over what she produces.

That's what I'm still puzzling over re: Adam...if he wins, how is AI going to brand him? (pop, rock, glam, emo, etc.)? :blink:

it's a real shame he will always have "idol" hanging over his head...

take a listen to his live versions side by side with his studio versions put out by idol and it is a travesty what they are doing...they are editing out his unique style and the manufactured crap they are putting out is just that...crap!

he's got a unique style and needs to break free before anybody (even slash) gets ahold of him and tries to mold him into something he's not...

on another note...was disappointed that the judges kept saying to kris and danny "we know rock is not your thing" as if they were making excuses for them...country was not adam's thing, but he still overcame it and made it his own with "ring of fire" and blew it through the roof!... there are plenty of rock songs that they could have rearranged or sang with a twang or whatever...no excuse!

it's a real shame he will always have "idol" hanging over his head...

take a listen to his live versions side by side with his studio versions put out by idol and it is a travesty what they are doing...they are editing out his unique style and the manufactured crap they are putting out is just that...crap!

he's got a unique style and needs to break free before anybody (even slash) gets ahold of him and tries to mold him into something he's not...

on another note...was disappointed that the judges kept saying to kris and danny "we know rock is not your thing" as if they were making excuses for them...country was not adam's thing, but he still overcame it and made it his own with "ring of fire" and blew it through the roof!... there are plenty of rock songs that they could have rearranged or sang with a twang or whatever...no excuse!

I was thinking about the Slash thing; wouldn't Adam be under contract through AI for a period of time before he would be free to pursue other interests?

I agree marolyn! B)

I really dont get what the big deal about Adam is..

Personally, I dont think he can sing, its all screach and scream..

The best way I could describe his singing, was as a pussy, really he doesnt sound like a man, he needs to be harder and heavier.. No way in hell could that guy be a rock god, wonder what Kara's on..(or whatever her name is).. He killed WLL, not in a good way. He's too dramatic, too theatrical, he needs to tone it down, be a man..

I agree-- America got it wrong--Allison should have stayed and Danny should have gone home. Haven't been much of a Danny fan all along.

Adam seems to me like he is going to win it all at this point, but you never know. They were practically handing the crown to David Archuletta last season especially at the finale performances, but then in the "upset", David Cook wins!! So...you just never know.

Sharon

PS--I will admit one of my guilty pleasures, besides American Idol, is David Cook. :D

I thought "One" was a horrible, ear splitting mess; he ruined a beautiful song. He totally lost the melody and the pitch. It's obvious he is the judges' chosen one though. <_<

To his credit I thought "Crying" was much more listenable, again only in the lower ranges though. No way I would ever pay money to see that guy live or buy any of his albums.

I am trying to vote for Danny.

I thought "One" was a horrible, ear splitting mess; he ruined a beautiful song. He totally lost the melody and the pitch. It's obvious he is the judges' chosen one though. <_<

To his credit I thought "Crying" was much more listenable, again only in the lower ranges though. No way I would ever pay money to see that guy live or buy any of his albums.

I am trying to vote for Danny.

Isn't that funny---because I actually really loved his performance of One, and not so much the Crying...well, I did like Crying as you said in the LOWER ranges. Don't like the screechy stuff with him and there was too much of it in Crying.

I actually think this is one of the most evenly matched AI final 3 or even 4 (including Allison last week) I may have ever seen. i liked other seasons contestants better, but as far as talent for talent, i think this season seems to me to be the most evenly matched. I mean, let's face it--at this time last year, we ALL knew it would be Syesha going home and leave the 2 David's in the finale. This year I can honestly say i have no idea, and don't think anyone else does either. I think all 3 guys had good nights tonight overall...so it will be interesting to see!!! :)

Sharon

Danny is not hip.... but he smoked everybody vocally tonight!

Kris was his usual hip self, but the least competent vocalist.

Adam is getting old fast! I find that when he sings in the middle of his range that it sounds great, but the lows and "very" highs sound like poop! Yeah he can hit high "z", but if there is no emotion or quality...who really cares?

I hope that Gokey and Kris stay. Adam will have a fabulous career as a Broadway Showgirl! :lol:

Adam is getting old fast! I find that when he sings in the middle of his range that it sounds great, but the lows and "very" highs sound like poop! Yeah he can hit high "z", but if there is no emotion or quality...who really cares?

I hope that Gokey and Kris stay. Adam will have a fabulous career as a Broadway Showgirl! :lol:

Exactly! Danny was awesome last night, and I finally got through on the phone line to vote for him (that was my one and only vote this season)

I agree that Adam sounds good in the middle of his range, but that screechiness in the high notes makes my ears hurt. :)

And ROFL!!!!!!! to having a fab career as a Broadway showgirl!!!! :D:D

i would much prefer the last men standing would be kris and danny

Your wish has come true. Adam vs Kris. I am very very happy about this. :D Honestly, I can't remember a better showdown. Both are talented. Just look at Kris's version of Heartless last night. Amazing! This is gonna be good.

Wah! :'(

I still think if Adam wins, he'll be difficult to package because he'll have to commit to a genre. Tthe judges always talk about "knowing who you are as an artist" and I don't think Adam has figured that out yet-I don't think he has enough genuine edge to be a true rocker-and a rocker coming out of AI isn't a real rocker anyway, IMO (David Cook? Kelly Clarkson?).

So, I don't really care who wins at this point.

Your wish has come true. Adam vs Kris. I am very very happy about this. :D Honestly, I can't remember a better showdown. Both are talented. Just look at Kris's version of Heartless last night. Amazing! This is gonna be good.

Yes, indeed! Should be a great finale! Adam is my favorite, but Kris has proven he is a force to be reckoned with also. I really liked his version of "Heartless" better than Kanye's! I got a little choked up when Danny was singing at the end last night, he did such a great job.

I think last year's showdown with the 2 David's was equally good, if not better.

But anyways, I agree it will be good. And interesting to see how it all shakes out. The funny thing to me is that I would think the judges/producers would PREFER to have Kris be the new Idol, as I think he would certainly fit their mold better. Yet clearly they want Adam....hmmm....almost doesn't make sense in a way.

Sharon

Archived