Adam Lambert American Idol

MightyZep

So I wonder what the format is for this week? Anyone know? Meaning, are they each singing 3 songs? and how are they being picked/etc.??

Still think Adam will be better off if he does NOT win Idol........

Sharon

Well, it should all be very interesting to see what happens..Adam and Kris both had good nights tonight!

Sharon

I agree Sharon, they both did very well last night. These two are SO different from each other performance wise. The finale should be interesting. I think whoever wins, it will be very close. :D

Oh god I hate American Idol.

Some things I was thinking about last night- the judges are morons, they never say anything relevant. Paula and whatsherface, honestly, SHUT UP!! They are so damn annoying, they just LOOVEE everybody. I mean, go have another Valium and rum! They need to get some judges on that show who actually know what they're talking about.

Adam is still just god awful to me, and Kris just sounds like one out of 1,000000 Justin Timberlake pop voices. They pretty much ruined all my favourite soul singers last night. Adam singing A Change is Gonna Come??! I literally almost cried! Kris' Aint No Sunshine was probably the most tolerable, but his voice isn't anything special; Danny is 382948324832 times better, don't understand why he is not there and Kris is!

But what could I expect from these shows really! Don't know why I care. :lol: I'll just go put on a Sam Cooke record and all will be right with the world... B)

Some things I was thinking about last night- the judges are morons, they never say anything relevant. Paula and whatsherface, honestly, SHUT UP!! They are so damn annoying, they just LOOVEE everybody. I mean, go have another Valium and rum! They need to get some judges on that show who actually know what they're talking about.

They need to save Allison.

:D

I'll just go put on a Sam Cooke record and all will be right with the world... B)

Darling, you send me!

B)

I swear I have a renewed faith in America after this one. I am so glad for Kris Allen. Yes! I always thought he was a pure and authentic talent. It makes sense to me really, I mean, I think Americans have had our fill of over the top, over indulged and over rated. That whole attitude is basically what sent us into financial crisis, in a way.

A little humility goes a long way....and, apparently it can take you all the way.

;)

I swear I have a renewed faith in America after this one. I am so glad for Kris Allen. Yes! I always thought he was a pure and authentic talent. It makes sense to me really, I mean, I think Americans have had our fill of over the top, over indulged and over rated. That whole attitude is basically what sent us into financial crisis, in a way.

A little humility goes a long way....and, apparently it can take you all the way.

;)

:huh: It is just a talent show. Not that important really, nothing that is going to change anyone's life (except for those who've appeared on the show of course) . I just enjoy watching and think there has been a lot of talent coming off the show whether they win or not. And yes, I do agree about humility; it certainly goes a long way. :D

:huh: It is just a talent show. Not that important really, nothing that is going to change anyone's life. I just enjoy watching and think there has been a lot of talent coming off the show whether they win or not. :D

I tend to talk with a little too much drama/sarcasm in my words (I can't help that, I'm from NY). Trust me, I won't be hugging stangers on the street tomorrow. I just feel that after nearly 100 million people vote, that says a little something about whom America views as an "Idol" (since the final contestants were so different in style, etc.). Again, I am happy for Kris. I love when the under dog wins one.

I tend to talk with a little too much drama/sarcasm in my words (I can't help that, I'm from NY). Trust me, I won't be hugging stangers on the street tomorrow. I just feel that after nearly 100 million people vote, that says a little something about whom America views as an "Idol" (since the final contestants were so different in style, etc.). Again, I am happy for Kris. I love when the under dog wins one.

I know, isn't that depressing/pathetic/terrifying?

Yay for Adam not winning. :D

I'm so glad Allen won. Lambert is just image, screaming, and nausea. Allen can play instruments, can SING, is understated, actually CARES about the music, and seems like a sweet, grounded dude. He's also cute as a flippin' button, mostly because of his modest demeanor.

To be honest, though, he's my number three behind Gokey and Iraheta.

;)

I completely agree. It was really almost shameful how much the show featured Adam last night, right up until the last minute. Everything Kris related was perfunctory, so I was so happy to see him win!

I admit though I enjoyed seeing Adam sing with Queen and Kiss though. Now that I've seen that I think he is way more suited to Kiss than Queen. :o

Now on to my favorite reality contest of them all tonight .... So You Think You Can Dance! :D This one is soooo much better!

I don't know if any of you saw American Idol last night but there is a contestant named Adam Lambert. He is PHENOMENAL. Seriously one of the best singers I maybe have ever heard. Since he started gathering more fame I keep hearing people say "He sounds like a young Robert Plant." or "He should sing some Led Zeppelin."

Now, I have always been one to scoff at the idea of rock singers attempting to take on Plant but this kid is INSANE. I'm not saying he IS Plant or IS at that level but I'm saying that he is easily the best contender for covering that stuff. Seriously. I don't care if you're not into American Idol, if you AT ALL appreciate that 60's -70's Plant style you should see this kid! It doesn't even feel like American Idol. I posting a youtube video of his performance. Once you get past the first minute it's like DAMN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EDic3tMJdg...feature=related

You can't be serious? PHENOMINAL?? This emo dude is crap...full stop...a Karaoke singer. And it was REALLY embarrasing seeing KISS perform with this punk...I cringed!! KISS, how could they get so low. I'm dumbstruck and embarrased. God help us if this kid is the future of music. No wonder I am still living in the '70's!!

Last night proved that America cares about one thing. Looks

Both Danny and Allison are better singers than Kris. How he ended up beating both of them is beyond me.

Oh well, that's it for me and this show. Time and time again it continues to disappoint.

You can't be serious? PHENOMINAL?? This emo dude is crap...full stop...a Karaoke singer. And it was REALLY embarrasing seeing KISS perform with this punk...I cringed!! KISS, how could they get so low. I'm dumbstruck and embarrased. God help us if this kid is the future of music. No wonder I am still living in the '70's!!

Actually I was quite serious when I wrote that. Adam has great potential if he could tone it down a little. I wrote that when he first came onto the show and had no idea he was going to be as theatrical as he was. But, I still like Adam. That's how I see it. Let me know when you catch up to the 80's. I think you're a little behind... :rolleyes:

I completely agree. It was really almost shameful how much the show featured Adam last night, right up until the last minute. Everything Kris related was perfunctory, so I was so happy to see him win!

I admit though I enjoyed seeing Adam sing with Queen and Kiss though. Now that I've seen that I think he is way more suited to Kiss than Queen. :o

Now on to my favorite reality contest of them all tonight .... So You Think You Can Dance! :D This one is soooo much better!

Hi Virginia!

i also LOVE So You Think You Can Dance!!!!!!! :)

I also admit to being a complete Idol addict. :) Still have mixed feelings about the outcome last night...but ultimately, i think Adam will do better without the Idol harness on him. Now he can go do whatever he wants..sing with Queen/make his own album/go back to Broadway but as a lead...whatever his heart desires... which may be all of the above! LOL!! Will be interesting to see what he does first.

Sure did enjoy the whole finale show, though..very entertaining!! I think my fave of the whole night was Adam and Kiss..loved Adam's outfit. LOL!! Second fave for me was David Cook's performance of Permanent. Very emotional....

Sharon

Sharon

:lol: My parents used to say almost the same thing... in the '70's about Led Zeppelin, Kiss and RocknRoll in general

American Idol, imo, has lost all credibility, no wonder Simon Cowell sat there looking like a kid who had his toy taken away. How are they going to market this although nice quiet humble kid, Kris Allen, who is boring mundane mediocre, and have a star like Adam Lambert slip through their fingers? Adam Lambert is amazing! I am surprised by all the hate. Is it jealosy? Homophopia? Who cares? there is no denying this guy can sing. Long after Kris Allen is a footnote Lambert will be a superstar. In a sea of medioccrity, I think were ready to see more artists who can get out there and take chances.

American Idol, imo, has lost all credibility, no wonder Simon Cowell sat there looking like a kid who had his toy taken away. How are they going to market this although nice quiet humble kid, Kris Allen, who is boring mundane mediocre, and have a star like Adam Lambert slip through their fingers? Adam Lambert is amazing! I am surprised by all the hate. Is it jealosy? Homophopia? Who cares? there is no denying this guy can sing. Long after Kris Allen is a footnote Lambert will be a superstar. In a sea of medioccrity, I think were ready to see more artists who can get out there and take chances.

Kris Allen seems to market himself.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris_allen

LOL!!!!!!!! about Simon looking like a kid who had his toy taken away. That was EXACTLY what I thought when I was watching the other night. :D

It will be interesting to see who has more longevity/longer career. Right now I am guessing Adam....

Sharon

Kris Allen seems to market himself.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris_allen

thanks for posting this, eternal light. reading about kr is' musical accomplishments, song writing and international charity work just reinforced what i already knew....kris allen is truly an authentic and original artist. i just don't buy the whole over-theatrical, "put on" performance of adam lambert.

Archived