Adam Lambert American Idol

MightyZep

Did a very unique version of Smokey Robinson's, "Tracks Of My Tears". Basically an unplugged version that was really slowed down. Really well done. Never heard it done like this. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't win the whole competition.

I completely agree. I always appreciate it when an artist (I guess in this case "contestant") can bring it down like Adam did. I think his version of Smokey's song just proves his credibility as a well rounded talented musician.

I think Adam, Anoop (whatever the heck his name is), and the 16 year old that did "Papa Was a Rolling Stone" are the best contestants. Lil Round gets by....but everyone else is a joke.

Adam's performance reminded me of Chris Isaak.

I think Adam, Anoop (whatever the heck his name is), and the 16 year old that did "Papa Was a Rolling Stone" are the best contestants. Lil Round gets by....but everyone else is a joke.

Adam's performance reminded me of Chris Isaak.

The 3 A's again----Allison, Adam and Anoop. With Adam and Allison it seems they saved the best for last.

B)

Did a very unique version of Smokey Robinson's, "Tracks Of My Tears". Basically an unplugged version that was really slowed down. Really well done. Never heard it done like this. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't win the whole competition.

Exactly, he nailed it!! I think he is the one to beat. :D

The 3 A's again----Allison, Adam and Anoop. With Adam and Allison it seems they saved the best for last.

B)

Yep! :thumbsup:

In the 60's when I was 'black' I listened to nothing but Motown and soul music.

My friend Bob was into the Beach Boys and he hated it. :D

The Marvelletes

Mary Wells

Tamla

Holland, Dozier, Holland

And on and on.....

B)

In the 60's when I was 'black' I listened to nothing but Motown and soul music.

My friend Bob was into the Beach Boys and he hated it. :D

The Marvelletes

Mary Wells

Tamla

Holland, Dozier, Holland

And on and on.....

B)

You mean you're not anymore? So, did you have work done a la Michael Jackson to make that transformation?

Kris and Danny did really well tonight. I was disappointed that Matt and Alison weren't amazing. Like the judges said, I'd love to see Megan sing some Adele or maybe Norah Jones; her song choices have been horrible. I like her voice and keep hoping she'll finally pick a good song.

I would still love to see Adam sing some Queen; that might turn me into an Adam fan :)

Kris and Danny did really well tonight. I was disappointed that Matt and Alison weren't amazing. Like the judges said, I'd love to see Megan sing some Adele or maybe Norah Jones; her song choices have been horrible. I like her voice and keep hoping she'll finally pick a good song.

I would still love to see Adam sing some Queen; that might turn me into an Adam fan :)

Megan or Anoop will go tomorrow I think. Too bad too, I love Megan but has just been making all the wrong song choices. The other blond cutie with the pink hair should have stayed in instead...I think she'd be holding her own better.

Adam will probably win this but that cute guy that performed last tonight..what's his name? Best performance of the night in my book!

Yup! I'm a dedicated Idol geek too, LOL!

Here are some thoughts on songs I think they could do well and put their own spin on:

Megan: "Don't Know Why", Norah Jones

Alison: "Who Knew", Pink

Adam: "Killer Queen", Queen OR "Welcome to the Jungle", Guns & Roses

Lil: "Be Without You", Mary J Blige

Kris: "Cry Me a River"-stripped down-Justin Timberlake OR "Roxanne", the Police a la Secret Policemen style

Matt: "Harder to Breathe", Maroon 5

Scott: "Fire and Rain", James Taylor

Anoop: "I'm Yours", Jason Mraz

Danny: "Don't Stop Believing", Journey

P.S. Does anyone else think Kris looks like he could be Chris Daughtry's little brother? :unsure:

Megan or Anoop will go tomorrow I think. Too bad too, I love Megan but has just been making all the wrong song choices. The other blond cutie with the pink hair should have stayed in instead...I think she'd be holding her own better.

Adam will probably win this but that cute guy that performed last tonight..what's his name? Best performance of the night in my book!

Yup! I'm a dedicated Idol geek too, LOL!

:wave: Nice to see you! :)

You mean you're not anymore? So, did you have work done a la Michael Jackson to make that transformation?

Like Picasso's 'Blue Period' it was my 'Black Period'

B)

The clothes style I wore then was:

Starched high collar shirts with cuff links

Mohair sweaters

Sharkskin slacks

Black suede shoes

I must have looked like a damned fool.

:lol:

Here are some thoughts on songs I think they could do well and put their own spin on:

"Don't Stop Believing", Journey

P.S. Does anyone else think Kris looks like he could be Chris Daughtry's little brother? :unsure:

ironically it was only kris who did justice to that song! he sort of has the c thomas howell vibe

whats up with anoop, he looks like are you kidding you dont like my performance it's brilliant

my top three: adam who will win, kris and matt

the girl with pink hair is just like kelly clarkson and david cooke - poor copycats of already famous singers and should fade away in time

i wish david cooke will just stop copying the sound of Finger Eleven one of my fave bands -sick

i think american idol has produced really good star singers like carrie underwood, jennifer hudson, jordin sparks and reuben stoddard - who really has great voice too bad he's too heavy to walk, adam lambert will join them soon he's really got it to be a bigger star

adam lambert reminds me of the one and only time i ever watched dancing with the stars when mario lopez was a contestant, now it's just a bunch of losers there

Megan: "Don't Know Why", Norah Jones

Alison: "Who Knew", Pink

Adam: "Killer Queen", Queen OR "Welcome to the Jungle", Guns & Roses

Lil: "Be Without You", Mary J Blige

Kris: "Cry Me a River"-stripped down-Justin Timberlake OR "Roxanne", the Police a la Secret Policemen style

Matt: "Harder to Breathe", Maroon 5

Scott: "Fire and Rain", James Taylor

Anoop: "I'm Yours", Jason Mraz

Danny: "Don't Stop Believing", Journey

looks like you put a lot of thought into this...you are spot on!

adam singing "welcome to the jungle"...would be freakin' crazy!!!

I don't know if any of you saw American Idol last night but there is a contestant named Adam Lambert. He is PHENOMENAL. Seriously one of the best singers I maybe have ever heard. Since he started gathering more fame I keep hearing people say "He sounds like a young Robert Plant." or "He should sing some Led Zeppelin."

Now, I have always been one to scoff at the idea of rock singers attempting to take on Plant but this kid is INSANE. I'm not saying he IS Plant or IS at that level but I'm saying that he is easily the best contender for covering that stuff. Seriously. I don't care if you're not into American Idol, if you AT ALL appreciate that 60's -70's Plant style you should see this kid! It doesn't even feel like American Idol. I posting a youtube video of his performance. Once you get past the first minute it's like DAMN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EDic3tMJdg...feature=related

How's it going "MightyZep?" Up to this point of the American Idol Competition, Adam Lambert should win it all hands down. ROCK ON!

I still haven't warmed up to Adam, even though I agree he has a powerful voice. I'm seeing a lot of theatrics but not sensing much soul. :unsure: I thought his vocal last night was actually kind of creepy. But he seems to be the judges' chosen one.

Archived