Adam Lambert American Idol

MightyZep

I'm with you on both counts. I just don't buy Adam as a rocker; too much (shrieky) vibratto and it seems like he is in rocker costume; I don't buy it as authentic with him. (I was yelling at the tv; "It's horrible! I hate it!", lol)

I love Allison though!

I thought Kris was the weakest link tonight.

I agree with you on all counts also! I thought Danny's performance was a bit unfortunate, Aerosmith did not suit him AT ALL. That last note was pretty bad, like Simon said....he could have picked a different song that would have been way better for him. Something more ballad-y, maybe. And yeah right away I knew Kris' performance would be weak, because Come Together just isn't that interesting vocally. There's not really a lot there for a singer to be able to showcase their stuff on. He too coulda picked a better one!

I agree with you on all counts also! I thought Danny's performance was a bit unfortunate, Aerosmith did not suit him AT ALL. That last note was pretty bad, like Simon said....he could have picked a different song that would have been way better for him. Something more ballad-y, maybe. And yeah right away I knew Kris' performance would be weak, because Come Together just isn't that interesting vocally. There's not really a lot there for a singer to be able to showcase their stuff on. He too coulda picked a better one!

Yeah, Danny was like struggling to reach those notes. The performance made me cringe.

I would have to bring a barf bag to the show. :(

OMG--I would have to bring a barf bag to the show too!! LOL!!!!! Not because I despise Adam (I don't), but because I don't see that as a fit at ALL!!! :) Just my opinion of course.... :)

Overall I thought his WLL was OK...just OK. But I know it is too hard to hear it through biased ears to be fair to him.

LOVED the duet with Allison, though....WAAAAAAY better than Danny and Kris' duet!!!!!!!!

Sharon

Just dropping in to see if the whole board was losing their minds about Adam's performance tonight :lol: I thought he did a great job. And....don't you all think that the band really is rocking. Week after week they really come through for all the contestants.

I can't believe no one mentioned SLASH!! I was SO excited to watch tonight knowing he was going to be the mentor (and it was GREAT to see him!) and then when I heard Adam was going to do Zep I was even more excited!

I agree with everyone, it was a good solid performance from Adam. WHY were they so hard on Allison! I got goosebumps when she started. Stellar in my book. Chris...I love his voice, he just doesn't have the power of the others, rock night was not his night though I enjoyed his version of Come Together. Danny......as Slash said...it came down to the moment and he failed terribly on the last note. Rock isn't his genre either and I give him kudos for trying but...I would have liked to hear Adam kill that last note. He would have nailed it!

Agree....Adam and Allison rocked it!! Way. I hope it comes down to those 2. Of course...they are all 'winners' at this point.

BTW...proud of you guys...I kinda thought someone might have burned the board down in protest, ahahahaha!!!

I don't know if any of you saw American Idol last night but there is a contestant named Adam Lambert. He is PHENOMENAL. Seriously one of the best singers I maybe have ever heard. Since he started gathering more fame I keep hearing people say "He sounds like a young Robert Plant." or "He should sing some Led Zeppelin."

Now, I have always been one to scoff at the idea of rock singers attempting to take on Plant but this kid is INSANE. I'm not saying he IS Plant or IS at that level but I'm saying that he is easily the best contender for covering that stuff. Seriously. I don't care if you're not into American Idol, if you AT ALL appreciate that 60's -70's Plant style you should see this kid! It doesn't even feel like American Idol. I posting a youtube video of his performance. Once you get past the first minute it's like DAMN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EDic3tMJdg...feature=related

How's it going "MightyZep?" Seeing the way Adam Lambert sang "Whole Lotta Love," it would be in SLASH'S best interest to make Adam his Lead Singer in either VELVET REVOLVER or a new band. Adam would compliment and be perfect for SLASH. Adam already sings a lot like Axl Rose, I think that SLASH'S band would be perfect for Adam now that Scott Weiland went back to STONE TEMPLE PILOTS. What do all of you think? Please enlighten me. ROCK ON!

wow, that video is already gone. I would like to see Kris, Adam and Allison stay in it.

Me too. Unfortunatley, I think Kris might go. But he's still a winner because I'll be buying his album I'm sure :D

From day one I have wanted to see him sing Led Zeppelin. Maybe he could have used a little more soul in the performance but all in all VERY good! It's cool to see the comments from other Zep fans about his performance. I'm glad I started this topic :D

sounded like the lead singer of helloween....some bad 80's metal band...though it was more interesting than most idol shit....also he's a gay Elvis lookalike

How's it going "MightyZep?" Seeing the way Adam Lambert sang "Whole Lotta Love," it would be in SLASH'S best interest to make Adam his Lead Singer in either VELVET REVOLVER or a new band. Adam would compliment and be perfect for SLASH. Adam already sings a lot like Axl Rose, I think that SLASH'S band would be perfect for Adam now that Scott Weiland went back to STONE TEMPLE PILOTS. What do all of you think? Please enlighten me. ROCK ON!

:smileyquote: IF :smileyquote: this were to happen I would perfer to see Adam in a new band with Slash. One critique I have for Adam though is that he may need to put a little more soul into his performances. I thoroughly enjoy his singing and his rocking-ness (should be a word) but maybe a little more soul like Plant's voice would be nice. Personally I can't wait to see his solo/band stuff that he puts out. Should be interesting because he is very unpredictable! Hell, he's so unpredictable that I'm afraid he might even go some into crazy musical direction. Let us pray he sticks with the rock and roll!

:smileyquote: IF :smileyquote: this were to happen I would perfer to see Adam in a new band with Slash. One critique I have for Adam though is that he may need to put a little more soul into his performances. I thoroughly enjoy his singing and his rocking-ness (should be a word) but maybe a little more soul like Plant's voice would be nice. Personally I can't wait to see his solo/band stuff that he puts out. Should be interesting because he is very unpredictable! Hell, he's so unpredictable that I'm afraid he might even go some into crazy musical direction. Let us pray he sticks with the rock and roll!

How's it going "MightyZep?" I'll agree with you on this one, if SLASH does get Adam Lambert, it should be a new band. And don't kid yourself, I truly believe that SLASH is eyeing Adam otherwise he wouldn't have been there. I'm still in disbelief that SLASH watches American Idol, what does that tell you? American Idol is COOL! Isn't it weird, first Vince Neil makes an appearance in the audience a week or two ago, now SLASH. In my opinion, I think that both Neil and SLASH are checking out the new talent especially Adam and Allison. Adam and Allison have sure been getting a lot of Rock n' Roll publicity lately. I predict that both Adam and Allison are heading straight into the Rock n' Roll world. Adam even admitted on stage that he loved LED ZEPPELIN. I also deeply believe that both Adam and Allison are going to be in the Finals, what do you think? ROCK ON!

I was actually quite impressed with Lambert's performance. Especially given the fact the song was cleared only today, and the dress rehearsal was cancelled, so the live performance was a "dry run".

The boy's got some serious pipes.

Hell, he's so unpredictable that I'm afraid he might even go some into crazy musical direction. Let us pray he sticks with the rock and roll!

ok...after reading your posts, i can't wait to see tonights performances over here...i read an article in which slash says the show has never held his interest until this year...i can't really picture adam pulling off wll and wish he had picked something different...but...

as far as him going into some crazy musical direction...i say bring it on!...might be the start of a whole new genre...the crazy "lambertification" of music!!! :thumbsup:

I don't know if any of you saw American Idol last night but there is a contestant named Adam Lambert. He is PHENOMENAL. Seriously one of the best singers I maybe have ever heard. Since he started gathering more fame I keep hearing people say "He sounds like a young Robert Plant." or "He should sing some Led Zeppelin."

Now, I have always been one to scoff at the idea of rock singers attempting to take on Plant but this kid is INSANE. I'm not saying he IS Plant or IS at that level but I'm saying that he is easily the best contender for covering that stuff. Seriously. I don't care if you're not into American Idol, if you AT ALL appreciate that 60's -70's Plant style you should see this kid! It doesn't even feel like American Idol. I posting a youtube video of his performance. Once you get past the first minute it's like DAMN!

Adam sure had a lot of make-up on.... very 80ish imo.

Is he "man" enough to sing WLL ? ? ? ?

I think, only Robert will do.

Good backing band.

There is ONLY one Robert Plant in this time continuum!!!

How's it going "MightyZep?" I'll agree with you on this one, if SLASH does get Adam Lambert, it should be a new band. And don't kid yourself, I truly believe that SLASH is eyeing Adam otherwise he wouldn't have been there. I'm still in disbelief that SLASH watches American Idol, what does that tell you? American Idol is COOL! Isn't it weird, first Vince Neil makes an appearance in the audience a week or two ago, now SLASH. In my opinion, I think that both Neil and SLASH are checking out the new talent especially Adam and Allison. Adam and Allison have sure been getting a lot of Rock n' Roll publicity lately. I predict that both Adam and Allison are heading straight into the Rock n' Roll world. Adam even admitted on stage that he loved LED ZEPPELIN. I also deeply believe that both Adam and Allison are going to be in the Finals, what do you think? ROCK ON!

Could be, I know he's been sans singer for a while. However, I think that it wasn't bad for promoting his upcoming solo album either. He and 'friends' ala Santana. Should be exciting.

Yes, I am surprised they got away with using the Led Zep song. Maybe they used it without permission? Where's Peter Grant when you need him?

P.S. That Adam guys sings every song the same -- always puts a Sebastion Bach-type scream somewhere in the songs. I think Simon wants him to win. I think that Gokely kid (David?) has more vocal talent, but he lacks a little flash.

Adam has a lot of flash ... not that this matters, but I don't think Adam prefers women ... not that there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe he and Clay Aiken could tour together?

I was wondering what people on the board would think about this. I missed the show but heard about Adam singing WLL on the radio this morning on the drive to work. I checked out Youtube and watched the video of it. He does have pipes but it lacked emotion. I was more impressed when he sang Mad World a few weeks ago than WLL. I don't know... I agree he sounded like a Sebastian Bach impersonator!

The band was rocking on the song though.

I don't think he will get voted off. I think either he or the girl (can't think of her name-Allison?)will win.

i quite enjoyed his version of WLL, BUT he is NOT Plant, never will be.

i was hoping he'd do something zeppelin at some time, but i didn't think he'd do it on American Idol.

good job. Adam and Slash need to rock out together in the future, or Adam and any rocker, i just hope he stays away from the earlier crap he did.

Well... I watched it again and Adam was OK, but even Slash told him to do the lower pitched ad-lib runs and they would sound better. He sticks out his tongue in a weird way, makes a god-awful Michael Jackson type noise when he inhales, phrases the passages like a robotic fairy and that Elvis lip thing....what's up with that? Soulless high notes with no concern for taste.

Allison was really good...I missed it the first time, because I was occupied while I was hearing it. She had the best performance of the night for me. She had some great soulful runs and hit every note. 17 years old and she's that good? WOW!

Gokey sang THE WRONG SONG.....period. What the heck was he thinking? The guy has the best voice in the competition and is trying to be Steven Tyler?

Can't even remember the other guy's name, edited to add KRIS. If it wasn't for the 12 year-old girls voting for him, he would be long gone, just my opinion. The kid has an OK voice, but not near as good as the other three. His intonation is bad, no support, awkward stage presence with the guitar (with the exception of the time that he sat on a stool with the acoustic), absolutely NO ORIGINALITY....how is he still there?

OK...my vote to go....the teenybopper boy! Kris... sayonara!

i quite enjoyed his version of WLL, BUT he is NOT Plant, never will be.

i was hoping he'd do something zeppelin at some time, but i didn't think he'd do it on American Idol.

good job. Adam and Slash need to rock out together in the future, or Adam and any rocker, i just hope he stays away from the earlier crap he did.

I don't think he's trying to BE Plant, he just admires him and you can tell!! :D I know some of you on this board diss Adam because you don't like some of the theatrics of his voice and feel he is not a genuine rocker, but I think the he can sing and makes all of his performances memorable! He's just so different than alot of the past performers and it makes him stand out. Allison of course rocked and I don't understand why the judges were so harsh on her. :unsure: And oh yes, they totally nailed their duet, waaayyy better then Kris and Danny, although I thought Danny sounded better on the duet, just as Simon said. I wasn't that impressed with Kris' performance and thought Danny gave it a good try, but you can tell they are NOT rockers, like Adam and Alison. I think Slash, Adam and Allison need to make a record together, right now!!! :D

Yes, why don't we all just agree right now that it's just an unspoken agreement that he's not 'Robert'. His performance stood up well, I do agree with someone who sais there were probably LZ songs that would have been even better for him to perform.

I agree, Alison was the best of the night. Why were they all so hard on her? I sometimes wonder if the judges aren't playing to manipulate callers.

Seeing Slash...priceless!! I love seeing him clean, happy, and starting new endeavours!

Archived