Black Sabbath: Megalomania

JudgeLazar

Sorry if this violates the copyright rules, it's a bit of a grey area as to whether adding something to the original work is fair use. So I'll just see what the mods have to say about it.

I don't do much that warrants a lot of pride, but I worked hard on this and besides the ending I am happy with it. It's a mixture of recorded in game cutscenes and the original cinematics from the game files. Some of the parts use the in game engine for the cutscenes, so I had to manually record them. The cinematics are pre rendered so I was able to just edit them straight from original files. I thought the lyrics fit pretty well with the tone and character of Max Payne. So I kind of knew what footage I wanted in some key places and the rest I tried to find footage that matched the lyrics as closely as possible. I just muted the footage and used Windows Movie Maker to edit the clips together.

If you notice the camera effects sync up with the music in a lot of places. Some on off beats, some on the guitar and some on the drums. It was kind of like it was meant to be. Some of the clips just happened to sync up with the music on their own without me having to do much some I had to edit frame by frame to fit. The ending solo was kind of rushed so I will probably change it.

Thanks for watching, and sorry again if this is against the rules. I am not asking for likes or subs and my videos are not monetized, but there may be an ad. I haven't received any strikes or violation notices on this either. I just am hoping that at least a few people will enjoy it.

Sorry if this violates the copyright rules, it's a bit of a grey area as to whether adding something to the original work is fair use. So I'll just see what the mods have to say about it.

7 hours ago, JudgeLazar said:

I don't do much that warrants a lot of pride, but I worked hard on this and besides the ending I am happy with it. It's a mixture of recorded in game cutscenes and the original cinematics from the game files. Some of the parts use the in game engine for the cutscenes, so I had to manually record them. The cinematics are pre rendered so I was able to just edit them straight from original files. I thought the lyrics fit pretty well with the tone and character of Max Payne. So I kind of knew what footage I wanted in some key places and the rest I tried to find footage that matched the lyrics as closely as possible. I just muted the footage and used Windows Movie Maker to edit the clips together.

If you notice the camera effects sync up with the music in a lot of places. Some on off beats, some on the guitar and some on the drums. It was kind of like it was meant to be. Some of the clips just happened to sync up with the music on their own without me having to do much some I had to edit frame by frame to fit. The ending solo was kind of rushed so I will probably change it.

Thanks for watching, and sorry again if this is against the rules. I am not asking for likes or subs and my videos are not monetized, but there may be an ad. I haven't received any strikes or violation notices on this either. I just am hoping that at least a few people will enjoy it.

Very cool man, thanks for uploading that. You picked a pretty fitting song, goes well. Reminds me how much I loved that game, so epic and memorable. The airport scenes are some of my favorite ever.

BTW don't worry if you don't get a lot of responses here, there aren't exactly a plethora of gamers on this forum. (Trust me) ;)

Edited by Sathington Willoughby

Thanks I appreciate that. It's kind of funny, I was just playing it the other day and the scene where Max is staring at the pill came up and it immediately clicked with that line in the song. The inspiration for the whole video came about from just a few parts where I knew what specific images I wanted and the rest kind of just worked itself out. I'm really big on Sabbath after Master Of Reality. I know these songs to ridiculous degree and I like it when I show somebody a Black Sabbath song they never heard and it blows them away.