The Mystery of Jimmy Page's 'Number Three' Gibson Les Paul

zoso_ledzep4_yy

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Think this is the same guitar?

PXL_20240721_220844396-picsay.jpg.0051a3ae93138298c3b3935eb48c110f.jpg

I cannot answer this question in this quality because enlarging a low-resolution photo will make it blurry.(No need to redo and resubmit photos)

Jimmy was sometimes presented with guitars by fans and industry professionals at performance venues in various countries. Occasionally, he would unexpectedly play such guitars on stage.
In fact, on the first day of a concert in Osaka in 1971, Jimmy was presented with a Greco guitar that was personally supervised and built by Japanese professional guitarist Shigeru Narumo, and played it on stage that day.

I mean, why don't we end the off-topic number 2 with KLUSON PEGS of black-and-white photos?(This is a request from me, the owner of this thread!)

Edited by zoso_ledzep4_yy

• 3 weeks later...

“Chicago1975”

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qoXNKGmUw175F7YU7

If Jimmy acquired the Number 3 clone in 1974, it is assumed that he took this guitar on the 1975 tour, but I have not seen any photos of Jimmy playing the Number 3 or the clone on this tour. The only photo that remains is of the guitar on the side of the stage at the Chicago gig, but it is too far away to confirm whether it is a number 3 or a clone.