Oakland Incident?

Swan_Song

All this speculation is very interesting, and the links to American Mafia seem possible. But this was 35-40 yrs ago, people

would still be scared , no one would reveal this stuff ?? You're talking regular shakedown, not 20% of each gig. Almost all

huge takes or projected significant takes by the mafia are known within a decade at best, as many members of course rat

out each other to avoid jail, etc. Although that 73' hotel theft still seems fishy. This may seem retarded but as powerful as 

the mafia was, Grant, Cole and the others in Zep's team looked and acted as if they would have no problem killing someone

right on the spot.

• 2 years later...
On 11/9/2008 at 9:37 PM, danelectro59 said:

according to Hammer of the Gods...Page played the next night sitting on a chair.

1) I wouldn't give any credence to what Stephen Davis wrote.  How would he know what happened when he wasn't even there?

2) The above quote infers Page was in some kind of emotional shock, not at all chemical-related...LMAO.   This supports Point 1.

• 3 years later...
On 11/9/2008 at 12:49 PM, pinky said:

I'm not exactly sure as this is shrouded in rumors, but I beleive Jason Bonham was trying to get an autograph from somebody when a security gaurd hit him and sent him away, so Bonzo and Peter Grant apparently beat the sh*t out of him.

ut was peter grant,sson who was spoken to harshly by a grant employee,bonham misinterpeted it and kicked the guy in the balls.then he told grant who took it from there.they ended up being arrested for battery the day  before zep,s final show in oakland