Foo Fighters Concert Streams Tonight

The Pagemeister

On Friday, the Foo Fighters are following in U2's footsteps, offering a free global stream of a live show.

Where Bono and company opted for YouTube, however, Grohl's gang is using Facebook. The set will be streaming from the Foo Fighters' own Studio 606 in California--a decidedly more intimate occasion than U2's Pasadena show.

The gig kicks off at 7PM PDT, 10PM EDT. Nearly 11,000 people have RSVP, as of this morning. The stream will be available to Facebook users and non-Facebook users alike around the globe.

http://www.livestream.com/foofighters

I didn't see this till this morning but they are replaying the live stream still. It is great! I am a fan of the Foos. It is interesting Dave is doing this while TCV are also touring and releasing their first album soon. The live stream is pretty cool and I hope more bands use this type of stuff.

Thanks for posting about it!

I didn't see this till this morning but they are replaying the live stream still. It is great! I am a fan of the Foos. It is interesting Dave is doing this while TCV are also touring and releasing their first album soon. The live stream is pretty cool and I hope more bands use this type of stuff.

Thanks for posting about it!

It is a very cool show, looks like they'll be repeating the webcast for a little while.

Strange to see a band play without an audience, but they did have about 20,000 viewers checking out the live show.

It is a very cool show, looks like they'll be repeating the webcast for a little while.

Strange to see a band play without an audience, but they did have about 20,000 viewers checking out the live show.

I wasn't able to catch the whole show this morning but plan to watch the whole thing later. On the Foo's website Forum section you can download the whole show or just the sound. I just got done downloading just the sound.

The talk between songs with the band is pretty funny. At one point they were kinda dissing the U2 Youtube thing.

Thanks again for posting about this!

Archived