BBC sessions 2CD promo

John Dionysus

I was surprised to find a 2CD promo for the BBC sessions release. It has a promo stamp on the front booklet and some promotional information printed on the disk itself (i.e, it is not just the standard release silk screen). FWIW the matrix number of the CD does match the regular release, so the difference is the silkscreened promo information. I've not been able to find any info about this version on the web. Anyone know anything about this (rarity, etc.)?

I was surprised to find a 2CD promo for the BBC sessions release. It has a promo stamp on the front booklet and some promotional information printed on the disk itself (i.e, it is not just the standard release silk screen). FWIW the matrix number of the CD does match the regular release, so the difference is the silkscreened promo information. I've not been able to find any info about this version on the web. Anyone know anything about this (rarity, etc.)?

Of course you posted this before really surfing the web ... otherwise you'ld have found lots of infos about this because it's such a common item and usually sold for the same price of the standard edition!

Anyway, you didn't write the country of pressing or the catalog number so I assume it's the US pressing ... go and have a look

http://www.vjez.com/...asp?pagina=usCD

p.s. next time surf the web properly and you'll find more answers than you need ...

Of course you posted this before really surfing the web ... otherwise you'ld have found lots of infos about this because it's such a common item and usually sold for the same price of the standard edition!

Anyway, you didn't write the country of pressing or the catalog number so I assume it's the US pressing ... go and have a look

http://www.vjez.com/...asp?pagina=usCD

p.s. next time surf the web properly and you'll find more answers than you need ...

Ah, yes. There's one on every board. The grizzled old veteran (aka femine hygiene product) who likes to show the NOOB who's boss by calling him out on how stupid he is. But alas, this time la doccia failed to notice the critical information about the printed promotional info "on the disk" (and yes it is US edition, my lapse for not mentioning that). You see, as far as I can tell the page to which you pointed me (and which I've long known about) only shows the booklet cover. It does not mention whether or not there is anything special printed on the disk.

The vast majority of WEA "promo" disks do not have anything special printed on the disk. They are usually just the retail version with a stamped front booklet. As my posting indicates, I have no idea whether or not this is true for the BBC Sessions set. Maybe all of the disks are like the one I found, but the site to which you pointed me does not tell me one way or the other. I do know that for other WEA titles there are both versions with and without promo on the disks, and the ones with promo printed on the discs are much rarer. For example, the RE-1 promo of Marilyn Manson's Smells Like Children (not the recalled version) album with "promo only" printed on the disk is signficantly rarer than the promo that simply has the stamped cover. I've sold a couple of copies of that CD for $35 - $40. The stamped only promo goes for a few bucks on a good day.

Anyone out there able to tell me if all versions of the promo have promo printed on the disks?